5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book!
Published 22 months ago by Squishy

1.0 out of 5 stars The cake decorating bible
Published 21 months ago by Mrs. J. E. Haines

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book!, 3 Oct 2012
I absolutely love the layout and style of this book. I am quite good at making basic sponge cakes but absolutely useless at decorating - the children know not to ask me for anything fancy for their birthdays! But Juliet writes in such a positive, down-to-earth way, I might actually be tempted to try. There are loads of little tips and ideas as well as the recipes themselves that Fancy Nancy use in their cakes. A definite cake bible for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy baking, 1 Oct 2012
What a great book! Easy to follow, lots of great tips. It's book has motivated me to keep on making some fabulous cakes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 11 Jan 2013
I bought this book as a xmas present for my daughter who enjoys baking & is keen to learn how to decorate cakes..... & she was thrilled with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspires me to bake, 31 Oct 2012
Beautifully set out book with clear instructions and inspiring photo's. I'm not a confident baker of cakes but Juliet's book is so easy to follow, with such great results, that the kids and I will be trying out some of these recipes for sure! I only wish the pages were 'scratch and sniff' too ;-)

1.0 out of 5 stars The cake decorating bible, 23 Oct 2012
I was incredibly disappointed in this book. I like Juliet Sears cakes - but this was really a book for someone with no knowledge of cake making. There was nothing new in the book at all, and I would have expected that a book that calls itself the cake decorating bible to have an appeal to all levels of cake decorator. There were not enough pictures of cakes showing what Juliet's style really is like, which is a shame as she is a talented cake artist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 11 Jan 2013
I was looking for a good book that was both easy to get to grips with and straightforward, but with nice recipes, and easy to follow instructions.

The book arrived this morning and I have whiled away a good few hours having a read through and I have to say I am thrilled with it! It is really well presented with lots of gorgeous pictures to inspire and delight.

I like the no nonsense and down to earth way in which the author approaches the subjects and suggests alternative tools that most of us have in our kitchens or around the home. There are also guide tips for things to make life easier or how to get over 'cakeastrophies'. It seems to make it all absolutely achievable even to the most novice cake maker.

I am a real newbie to the cake decorating world - I can turn out a very decent fruit cake but cannot make a sponge to save my life. After the traumas of trying to make sponges over the years, to impress both husband, and children while they were young, and having them fall about laughing as yet another 'biscuit' emerged from the oven. I gave up; birthday cakes and donated cakes for school were purchased rather than subject myself to further ridicule about how I could offer my sponges to would be discuss throwers, or how they could be used as effective door stops!

However, kids have now got children of their own, and I have more time on my hands to pursue my interests, and I have been turning out decorated christmas cakes, birthday cakes, cake toppers etc (All fruit cakes remember!) as pressies to family.

After having looked through this amazing book this morning though, I feel inspired and more confident to face my 'sponge demons'and have a go!!!! Maybe soon, I too will be applying ganache with panache, and my sponges will be discovering new and dizzy heights, and I feel that I will have achieved what the family consider mission impossible..................

This seems to me to be the nicest book that I have so far in my collection and would recommend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Brilliant!, 30 Oct 2012
I was inspired to try baking after watching the Great British Bake Off and thought I'd get The Cake Decorating Bible to help make my creations look impressive. It worked! The directions are simple and easy to follow and the book contains loads of great tips. Can't wait for the next book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
This review is from: The Cake Decorating Bible: Simple steps to creating beautiful cupcakes, biscuits, birthday cakes and more (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely love this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Mr. A. Khan - See all my reviews
brilliant, very fast delivery and very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cake decorating bible, 9 Jun 2014
This book is fantastic, all you need to know is in this book you dont need any other books only this one .