1,413 Reviews
 (1,017)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to
Published 17 months ago by Mr. Simon M. Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!
Published 1 month ago by Mr. J. Bowerbank

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to, 2 April 2013
Mr. Simon M. Collins (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable for iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad mini, iPod nano 7 and iPod 5 3 Feet / 0.9 m - Apple certified (Electronics)
Ok so its just a cable what is there to review? Well if like most of us you have been looking for a spare lightning cable for your iphone5 / ipad 3 you didnt want to spend mega bucks and probably went for one of several 4ish cables for sale on Amazon / Fleabay. I did the former and whilst it worked for about 6 weeks I soon got problems where it would just randomly stop charging from a PC USB, then would only work with the plug one way then it just died. I complained to the Amazon Marketplace retailer and they told me they stopped selling them (Says it all really) but they did give me a refund.

I kinda wished I had just plumped for a genuine Apple article from the off even though they are 15 (some deals have been had at Carphone Warehouse etc for around 12 but I couldn't find one). That said I looked on Apple.com and even the reviews of their own cables are pretty bad so that put me off.

Then I saw this Amazon basics cable for 12 and the initial reviews were all good. So I ordered one and 1 month later it is still working fine with no issues whatsoever. Always charges, works either way round and has a chunky well made feel to both the cabling and the connectors at each end. Those of you with iphone5 wrapped in a case that surrounds the lightning port may well have issues if your case encroaches past the bevelled edge (the polished line on the White iphone5) on both the front & rear of the phone as the connector is chunky. Personally I have no case and just have protective film on the back so no issue for me.

Fingers crossed this cable is still working in 6 months time. At least if its not I have Amazon's no quibble warranty. Shame they don't do a white version to match my phone but now I am just being picky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 Jun 2013
This is a sturdy stylish and affordable alternative to Apple's own lightening charger. No problems with it so far so goog

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Oct 2013
Mr. Adam Taylor (Tenterden, Kent) - See all my reviews
Purchased two of these lightening cables and happy to report that they support iOS 7. Successfully charging my iPad Mini and iPhone 5 as I write this review.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 15 May 2013
Well made good tight fit when inserted in to my phone. Connected to the power adapter with no problems. Good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars as described, 14 May 2013
the lead was to replace a apple opriginal that broke and is as described - used on a daily basis with no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes charging the I pads so much easier., 28 Jan 2014
Bought 2 of these for my sons. They can now happily play on the I pads while they charge. The leads supplied with the pads are so short. These are great and I have 2 happy boys now .

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 3 Aug 2014
Mr. J. Bowerbank (Durham UK) - See all my reviews
It does the job, but a couple of things to be aware of. I frequently get the "this accessory may not be supported" message and it refuses to charge. Whether this is to do with the cable or the charger I'm unsure, but after a couple of connecting and disconnecting attempts it rights itself and starts charging. More importantly, while the lightning and USB connectors are solid, there is no sleeving to support the cable leading out of either connector - so on the lightning side I now have sheared insulation and the internal electrical cable inside is exposed - which can give you a shock, albeit a small one. Shame amazon/the company who designed them didn't add some support to the wires, then again, maybe they designed it with this obvious failure/flaw so we all have to keep buying more! If you're that keen though, I'm sure you could add some shrink wrap or devise your own way of supporting the wire so that the cable lasts a lifetime (which I'm sure it would).

In any case, despite the insulation shearing, it is still charging which I'm surprised at, but can't see it lasting any more than a month or so longer (I've had it ~6months). I'll get another and add some sleeving next time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy waste of money, 18 Mar 2014
Worked only for 2 weeks now will not charge my phone I bought it as an extra to charge my phone in the car wish I had paid extra and got one from the same place as my phone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 29 Aug 2013
With original products costing a fortune this is a good alternative, works well! I just wish I had discovered this option earlier, would have saved me some money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Short life, 19 Nov 2013
Cable sheath cracked and split after two weeks ,poor design . Same fault as other s ,this item needs a really good design review . Fed up wasting money .