2,821 Reviews
 (2,028)

5.0 out of 5 stars More Durable than Apple's version
After having yet another Apple Lightning Cable fail on me due to the part just below the Lighting Connector fail I decided to try the AmazonBasics version:

Published 7 months ago by Craig James Duffy

Very disappointed in this product particularly as it is Amazon branded. First thoughts were good design and feel to it, the length is ideal offering flexibility for charging in different locations around the office or house..

Published 4 months ago by Cool for Cats

5.0 out of 5 stars More Durable than Apple's version, 27 Aug. 2014

First off, this is officially certified for iPhone and thus does not cause your iPhone/ iPod / iPad to pop up saying "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this [Insert Product]" as many others do. Additionally, since this cable is officially certified it meets as the electrical safety and maximum throughput requirements that the Apple cables do. However, this is not the case with many third party cables which you can buy for say a 10th of the price. Look for the "Made for iPhone" branding on the front and you know it will be reliable, safe and worthwhile buying.

In comparison to the official Apple cables the AmazonBasics version feels a lot tougher: after three months of heavy use the cable still appears brand new whereas with the Apple cables I found that the area below the Lighting Connector seemed to pick up a lot of wear and tear. This is not the case with this cable.

Bottom line is that this cable is exactly the same as the Apple Cable in functionality however it comes with a lower cost, greater length and greater durability so if you need to replace your Lighting cable this is the way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: AmazonBasics Apple Certified Lightning to USB Cable - 3 Feet (0.9 Meters) - Black (Electronics)
This is a sturdy stylish and affordable alternative to Apple's own lightening charger. No problems with it so far so goog

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to, 2 April 2013
Mr. Simon M. Collins (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Ok so its just a cable what is there to review? Well if like most of us you have been looking for a spare lightning cable for your iphone5 / ipad 3 you didnt want to spend mega bucks and probably went for one of several £4ish cables for sale on Amazon / Fleabay. I did the former and whilst it worked for about 6 weeks I soon got problems where it would just randomly stop charging from a PC USB, then would only work with the plug one way then it just died. I complained to the Amazon Marketplace retailer and they told me they stopped selling them (Says it all really) but they did give me a refund.

I kinda wished I had just plumped for a genuine Apple article from the off even though they are £15 (some deals have been had at Carphone Warehouse etc for around £12 but I couldn't find one). That said I looked on Apple.com and even the reviews of their own cables are pretty bad so that put me off.

Then I saw this Amazon basics cable for £12 and the initial reviews were all good. So I ordered one and 1 month later it is still working fine with no issues whatsoever. Always charges, works either way round and has a chunky well made feel to both the cabling and the connectors at each end. Those of you with iphone5 wrapped in a case that surrounds the lightning port may well have issues if your case encroaches past the bevelled edge (the polished line on the White iphone5) on both the front & rear of the phone as the connector is chunky. Personally I have no case and just have protective film on the back so no issue for me.

Fingers crossed this cable is still working in 6 months time. At least if its not I have Amazon's no quibble warranty. Shame they don't do a white version to match my phone but now I am just being picky.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 21 Oct. 2013
Mr. Adam Taylor (Tenterden, Kent) - See all my reviews
Purchased two of these lightening cables and happy to report that they support iOS 7. Successfully charging my iPad Mini and iPhone 5 as I write this review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes charging the I pads so much easier., 28 Jan. 2014
Bought 2 of these for my sons. They can now happily play on the I pads while they charge. The leads supplied with the pads are so short. These are great and I have 2 happy boys now .

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed in this product particularly as it is Amazon branded, 11 Nov. 2014

One year on and considering it has been positioned in one location so that I can charge my iPad on the desk while working (it has not really had a hard life) the housing around lightning connector has literally fallen apart. Now OK it was not expensive, but, one would expect a cable to last particularly as it has been in one location and never been treat roughly or transported form position to position for charging purposes.

To conclude I was fortunate to not have been in a position that the 2 pieces of the housing could have been lost and will be able to carry out a repair, but clearly the two pieces had not been glued in a way that the plug was secure pointing to poor quality control.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok but badly built. Will only last a few months., 4 Jan. 2015
Worked fine for 1st 4 months, still working but the wire is coming apart from the Lightning plug. Not a 1 off either as my wife's has done the same. Only use it next to the bed so not knocked about.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for using without a phone case., 20 Feb. 2015
CrisH (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Cable works fine with my iPhone 5s, the only problem I've found is it won't fit through a phone case, so the case has to be removed every time I want to charge it. The casing around the lightening end is slightly bigger than an Apple cable. I filed the end of mine and now it fits.
If you don't use a case then that's no problem, if you do then check the aperture size of your case first.

5.0 out of 5 stars as described, 14 May 2013
the lead was to replace a apple opriginal that broke and is as described - used on a daily basis with no problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, has stopped working after just 6 weeks, 22 May 2014
I bought this lead as a replacement for my 18 month-old lightening cable which eventually stopped working. Due to good reviews I thought I'd give it a chance, despite not being an Apple product; Amazon being a reputable name. However after only 6 weeks the lead no longer works. I plug it in and nothing happens, it doesn't charge at all.

Disappointing.