2,424 Reviews
 (1,270)

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read
All i can say is started to read this book yesterday and spent the whole night reading it, by god it was a good read, well worth not getting any sleep lol, can't wait for Broken Silence book 2 to come out, hope its soon, well done Natasha for a great book, i hope some of coles family stay invoved ???????? my money is on Cole for a happy ending, i can only dream lol xx
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars very much a teenage tale
Published 11 months ago by Lynn

3.0 out of 5 stars very much a teenage tale, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
A book without much substance and in desperate need of proofreading. So many inaccuracies especially when referring to ages and years.A great deal of grammatical mistakes too.A mixture of styles that confuses the reader about the setting. Is it set in the US or in the UK. A very disappointing ending that made me wonder why I had bothered sticking with it. Absolutely no interest in reading the sequel. I have given this 3 stars because to be fair it wasn't so bad that I didn't finish it and if I was a teenager I would provable have really enjoyed it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame about the puncuation and spelling, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
Enjoying the story, however, whoever proof-read the kindle edition should be fired!! Full of errors: extra words, misspellings and poor grammar! I got the impression that someone had checked the first couple of pages and then given up.

I also found it somewhat frustrating as I couldn't initially determine whether it was supposed to be set in the UK or US as it is full of what I consider to be americanisations (sweet sixteen party, diners etc) which completely threw me (I didn't consider myself to be that out of touch with today's youth culture as I'm still the right side of middle age) For me it wasn't a true representation of English youth but that could just be my experience

1.0 out of 5 stars Aimed at teenagers, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
if you are a young adult, you'll probably love this book and I suspect all the five star reviews are from teen girls. if you're not, or if you have any appreciation of good literature, then don't bother reading it. First quarter is great, after that absolutely nothing happens until final chapter. Full of American idioms and cultural references yet apparently set in England. Many random subplots which are not explored or developed (Julian, Mia). Two dimensional character and an ending which is just a massive cop out. Would have been much better if the big 'reveal' (not much of one really) had happened a third of the way through so that you could see the characters develop and evolve. However, I wonder if the author stalled until the very last few pages because she didn't have the writing skills to manage more sophisticated character development. Sorry if I'm offending teenage fans, but this book is really insulting your intelligence.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pure fantasy, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
Aren't you supposed to write about what you know? The author clearly knows nothing about uk food, behaviour, teenager names, school etc. I am at a loss as to why she set this book in the uk. In one chapter she has the main male character discussing his girlfriend with his best mate in a club and they are talking about being concerned about the main character not being able to say "I love you". I don't think I am being cynical when I say what teenage boys would discuss that with their mates except in some chick lit fantasy land. Shame as the concept of the story was good but simply had no depth to a somewhat serious subject and no research had been carried out into the subject matter or the location of the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 15 Feb 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Only download if free, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
Truly awful! Can't work out who the book was pitched at, I am 38 and it seemed like a teenage romance that I would have read when I was 13. At times I cringed reading the author's attempt at portraying teenage emotion. Also what British teenager goes to the Mall? Ending very disappointing and rushed and typos throughout. That said I'll probably buy the second one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Emotional, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book it was obvious as to what happened to Oakley, throughout reading you just wanted her to shout it out, I loved that her best friend cole became more and loved her as she was and didn't pressure her to change. If I had a brother I would want him to be like hers he's so nice and caring (except for the girlies lol). I can't believe what happened how can you do that to someone your meant to love. I'm glad it ended how it did as now it's all out but omg can't wait to read the next book tomorrow to see if there's going to be a h.e.a I hope their is one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
Stayed with the book even though it felt slow. After reading to the end I was thoroughly disappointed. I felt the story was rushed in the last two chapters and the ending came from nowhere and hadn't related to the rest of the book at all!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amy, 28 Feb 2013
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
I came across Natasha Preston's page on a website called Wattpad, and I read all her books that were on there. Then I realised she had published one, and as soon as I read the dialogue I brought it straight away on this! The story kept me on edge throughout the whole thing, and I didn't have a clue how it was going to end or what was going to happen. This excited me, and I couldn't wait to finish it so I'd know the conclusion, however, I was very dissapointed when the book finally ended. The twist was outstanding, and the emotions were shown well between all the charactors. Overall, it was very realistic and I would recommend to a mature audiance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth reading, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
I only kept reading because I was keen to find out if the silence would be broken. The unfamiliar names of the main characters and the attitudes of parents and teenagers suggested it was set in USA. It was half way through the book, when Cole decided to take Oakley on a drive to London, that I realised it was set in England. Everything about the story was unrealistic. Parents openly suggesting to 17 yr old boy and 15 yr old girl to go to bedroom to spend time together, and giving them freedom to spend time alone on joint family holiday. No word of where School pupil Cole got his money to spend on Oakley. Story line like something a teenager would have written . The sudden ending with nothing resolved was as if author had run out of ideas or paper.

Silence