5.0 out of 5 stars Provides the potection I wanted, with the comfort kids want.
Easy to fit and use. Soft padding so I believe very comfortable. Daughter spent 8hrs in it (with stops) and not once complaint. We have used ours for 3 months now, however a friend has used same for 3 years and her daughter loves it.

Published 3 months ago by Hwang2000

2.0 out of 5 stars PINK not cherry red!
I can't comment on the actual function of the seat yet - although it looks and feels great.

However, it was ordered for my 3 year old son who loves red, since it's listed as 'cherry red' i thought it would be, well red. It's not, it's bright pink! I had to request a return and exchange for the same model in another colour within minutes of delivery. V...
Published 2 months ago by Raramama

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides the potection I wanted, with the comfort kids want., 24 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Recaro Young Sport Group 1/2/3 Combination Car Seat (Cherry) (Baby Product)

It has very good protection and I would trust this company. they make seats for race cars so have a good background on what is needed. We should get about 10years service for our £120, £12 a year is nothing to protect our Daughter.

It does not have ISO-fix, I have Iso-fix, but who knows if my next car will have it. I would not worry not using ISO. In my car the ISO fix is secured to the car at 2 points. The cars seatbelt is designed for holding an adult in place and has 3 larger fixing point to the car. My Money would be on the belt being a stronger fix.

The only poor thing is the instructions are not clear on how you expand it when you start using the normal belt. Just remember you need to remove the screw and keep it removed for the cross bar. This then allows the seat to expand by a further 3 steps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 10 Jun. 2013
I received this car seat just last week and put it to the first test this weekend.
The build quality of the seat is outstanding, it will give you peace of mind.
It is very simple to install, only takes a few seconds to fasten.
It is a bit heavy, but when safety comes first, that is really not an issue.
The only fear I had was the fact that this seat does not recline, so I was worried that it might be uncomfortable for my daughter. This is not the case though. When fitted on the car seat, it leans back due to the shape of the car seat itself. There is also a small flap you can open that gives some extra lift to the front end of the seat giving it an ideal position for relaxing or sleeping during a long ride.
I'm very happy with this car seat and would suggest it to anyone without hesitation!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Nov. 2013
I wanted a good quality seat to fit with the seatbelt, as I don't have isofix in my car. I looked at lots of seats but as a motorsport fan I was drawn to recaro, and after looking at this one my choice was made. It felt soooo much sturdier and heavier than the rest and it fits snugly around her and feels rock solid in the car. Fitting it is very easy and as it has a clamp which locks the seatbelt it can't move. Would recommend spending a little more and getting a recaro, if it's good enough for sebastien loeb, it's good enough for me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great seat, 23 Dec. 2013
Had to get a Recaro seat for my son to go in our Golf GTi (mk2). Our car is red so this looks great in it, being group 1 2 and 3 I won't need to buy another seat for him. It is well built, easy and secure to fit and really comfortable for him to sit in. He frequently falls asleep in it, so it has to be comfortable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful ,comfortable and safe, 13 July 2013
I loved that chair so I've seen and it really is very comfortable and safe.My baby started using since 8 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good., 2 Jun. 2014
Very good safety seat. I had high expectations and im not dissapointed. Easy to install and easy to adjust. 5 out of 5 stars. The build quality and materials used seem to be very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice seat., 12 Dec. 2013
Easy installed, have not got the chance to see how effective is and I hope that no one will have to.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best car seat on the market, 16 Sept. 2014
the best car seat on the market. easy to install and no messing about, offers good support for baby my baby had to go into it early as shes so long but there isnt any problems with head positions or head dropping down as it is inclined

5.0 out of 5 stars Sitting pretty, 19 Aug. 2013
Quiverbow (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When it comes to choosing the correct car seat, dismiss the cost and get the best one you can afford (and whatever you do, never buy one from the local boot fair), as one thing you don't do is compromise the safety of your children. Yes, they can range from around the £30 mark to hundreds of pounds but there's a reason for the vast price differential (and all meet the stringent regulations, as there is no such thing as a B-rated car seat). So why consider this particular one?

Available in a variety colour trims, grey, mocca, red, graphite, pink, silver, violet, blue and black (the one I have is mocca), this seat is in the 1, 2, 3 class meaning it's suitable for children up to about 12 (or 5st 9 weight wise). It's actually two seats in one as the internal padded seat can be removed when your offspring gets bigger, and having a three-class seat will save you having to buy another one as they grow.

It often seems as if you need a degree in mechanical engineering to fit some car seats, but this Recaro `Young Sport' is easy-peasy. Thread the belt through the gap behind the cover and then secure the shoulder strap with the red clasp, which takes a bit of pressure before it clicks into place but you'll get there. Strap in your precious cargo and away you go. You can also recline the seat by turning either of the two side knobs (and this has three settings). The only downside with this seat is if you want to raise or lower the headrest. This operation involves pulling out a yellow knob at the back and although it's a two-handed affair, it's difficult to do if the seat is in place. There's a two-position rise of 4cm and 9cm. Having been on two journeys, the occupant made no fuss about being strapped in and was soon asleep on both occasions.

What I did find useful was the length of red rubber situated where the belt emerges from the seat, which it makes contact against. Many car seats seem to allow the seatbelt to scrape against the plastic of the seat itself (sometimes on an edge) and that has always had me thinking whether this would cause the belt to fray. No such worries with this. The padding could have been a bit thicker but that is something that can be levelled at any car seat, and considering the bulk, it isn't as heavy as you might imagine. (The headrest incorporates the carrying handle.) I haven't removed the booster part yet but though it looks a bit convoluted, it appears to be a simple case of sliding things out and sliding them back.

I know it might be irrelevant to many, but this seat looks good when in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Safe And Secure Easy To Use, 27 Mar. 2015
Love this seat, very easy to fit, very easy to carry as lightweight, very easy to strap child in, feels very secure and substantial, great product, my daughter loves it and it gives you peace of mind that your loved one is secure, even when she falls asleep she is safe and secure with the large side head protectors, it just gives you peace of mind which is all you can ask for. GREAT Definitely deserves five stars.