4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy these gates if you only have two arms
Published 18 months ago by sanchezdemarcos

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely, 9 Nov. 2009
S. Casey - See all my reviews
For me, this is one of the best stair/safety gates on the market, especially when you take into account the price. It has two way opening, which can also be restricted to one way opening if needed. It has the clip at the bottom for use as an extra lock if need be. They generally fit quite easily and can be opened easily with one adult hand (but it proves tricky for even older children). In my opinion, this one is better that the next model up, which does have automatic close, as this one forces you to ensure the gate is closed securely behind you rather than relying on some auto mechanism, which could potentially fail at some point. Also when you have your hands full with baby and other items, it is a bit inconvenient to have it keep closing on you. You can buy extention kits that make the gate wider, which I have done for my stairs top and bottom to make a tighter fit. The only suggestion I would make is that they should invent a similar connection section that joins a couple of the gates together for use on french windows etc. I have modified 2 of my gates to allow a gate in the right position at either door, but a specially designed connector would have been very helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars great safety gate, 7 Dec. 2010
We have two of these in use against a more expensive one from a different company and have found these to be great value for money. Easy to fit, open, close and keep monsters in or out etc, but there is one flaw with the materials used for the handle as they break really easily with regular use (over a period of 1 year). Replacement handles can be bought for around £6 direct from Lindam and are a doddle to change making the gate last that bit longer. I would say that other than the said problem above, there is one more design flaw with this product. Because it has a bar that spans the whole width of the gate at the base i would advise people not to use this gate at the top of the stairs, for obvious reasons i will leave you to ponder on for yourselves. The third, more expensive gate we have is used at the top of our stairs which allows you to open the gate fully without there being a trip hazard. Overall i think this product its well worth the money and bare in mind you can get spares, which a 2 year old can fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good baby gate for the price, 12 Sept. 2008
L. Kenney "Mother of four" (Taunton, Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
We have several of these in use for our two year old and they are one of the best options available (and after four children we've done our share of searching). Impossible to climb over (even for our little monkey) they are super convenient for adults and older children and simple to open (can be made to open either in or out). they are sturdy and easy to fit in just about any standard size stairwell or doorway. Only downside we have found was that the plastic parts (handle and piece that controls which direction the gate opens) break fairly easily with frequent use. Heavier duty plastic or a modified opening system would easily solve the problem and I believe they now make a similar gate that has new handle (probably due to customer suggestions/complaints). But for the money still well worth it! Wish my in laws had these when we visited (they still use the old wooden style that have to be climbed over or removed for an adult to get past).

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly is easy to fit!, 3 Nov. 2012
This gate does what it says on the box. Very easy to fit and easy to open / close with one hand which is always important!

One thing to watch though ...

Don't buy an extension until the gate has arrived and you've tried it out for size. I measured my gap very carefully and by those measurements, needed the 7cm extension. However, when I came to fit it, I discovered it was plenty big enough without the extension. It doesn't take into account the width of the fittings!

Definitely would recommend this gate :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy these gates if you only have two arms, 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Easy Fit Plus Deluxe Gate (Baby Product)
Bought these as some reviews were good. Like dog owners and parents, some reviewers should need to earn the right. These are awful. Starting with the good - easy to put up. That's it i'm afraid. Bad - impossible to open and close with a single hand (assume you will have baby in arms). With two hands, you can still catch you skin in the awfully designed mechanism. Really, products like these should not make it to market. If you want a proper gate - buy Safety 1st's. Ended up replacing this with that. One hand, easy open and close. Not hard is it when you pay for good designers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lindam easy fit gate, 10 Mar. 2009
This is now my second Lindam gate as i liked the first so much i bought another for upstairs! As it states easy fix, it takes about 3 minutes to fit. The only down side about this gate is trying to open it with one hand,(maybe if your holding baby etc)it can get a bit tricky.
Over all i would give it 10 out of 10! Highly recommend this gate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Safety Gate, 2 Oct. 2009
As a grandparent I was concerned when my one year old granddaughter thought the stairs were interesting. Bought this gate and was pleased how easy it was to fit, and then remove when baby went home. After hours of shaking and pulling it was still in place and she admitted defeat and went back to her proper toys!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good baby gate, 25 Feb. 2010
Natalie Alderton (surrey) - See all my reviews
I find this baby gate to be good although it is a bit flimsy and is a bit of a pain to shut. I have the easy fit premium baby gate in my house too which I find a much better gate as I just push it and it shuts on its own. (although the spring mecanism on this one broke within 3 days)

This gate is no good if you have children in your arms or a washing basket as you would probably have to put it all down before shutting it, by which time a child has sneaked through.

Also my 4 year old worked out how to open it straight away where as the premium one took him 3 months to work out.

But a good gate all the same as you dont have to drill holes in the wall and does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend the Lindam Gate, 26 Oct. 2009
I highly recommend the lindam easy fit plus safety gate, it's ideal as there are no screws its a pressure fit and so does not mark any wood etc. I used them when my 3 children were growing up and have now purchased 2 as I have a puppy, and when you go to relatives you can take them with you..Excellent *****

3.0 out of 5 stars Good enough!, 24 Jan. 2013
The product is sturdy but it loses points when it meets the wall. The ends aren't rubber capped to prevent skidding. Instead I would need to stick some adhesive circles (which are provided) to the wall to sit the pressure screws on to. Not only does this not inspire the greatest confidence when the gate is used at the top of stairs, it also means I have to deface the wall in rented accommodation. Frankly, the point of buying a pressure-mounted gate was to avoid any damage to the wall at all. It loses a 2nd star because the instructions are not very clear. Both my husband and i took ages to work out why the gate an the locking mechanism were so far apart. After we'd already got the gate up, we saw the little sticker saying "this is not a fault in the product". Seeing as people head straight for the instructions to mount, why not put that information in the booklet too? pros? The gate doesn't automatically swing shut which can get annoying when you've got no hands to spare and trying to get in and out of a room. Also, once it's set up (though not at the top of stairs), it does the job. We've got it blocking off our kitchen. If it were to slide when my toddler slams into it at least he won't be falling down a flight of steps.

Easy Fit Plus Deluxe Gate