4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, functional, very happy!
Really well built stand. Nicely machined, lovely action on the height adjuster, and does exactly what they promise. Very happy. Would order from them again.
Published 24 months ago by sos@iona.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for the 15" MacBook Pro!
My 15" MacBook Pro keeps slipping off the stand very slowly, but continuously. It already fell on the floor once because of that. Luckilly it had a soft landing, and so nothing happened.

On the box it claims to be suitable for all MacBooks up to the 15" one. Thats definitely not true.

So nice it looks, I cannot recommend it to anyone using a 15" MB...
Published 15 months ago by Gernot

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, functional, very happy!, 27 April 2013
sos@iona.com (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelve South HiRise Adjustable Stand for Apple MacBook Pro/MacBook Air and New Macbook Pro Retina (Personal Computers)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for the 15" MacBook Pro!, 24 Jan. 2014

So nice it looks, I cannot recommend it to anyone using a 15" MB Pro.

For a 13" it is perfect though, thus the two stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, snazzy and professional appearance!, 14 Aug. 2013
The Hi rise stand is very nice looking and suits the appearance of apple products. Out of other macbook stands I have seen this definitely looks the best. It is a strong support and grips the macbook, allowing no sliding whatsoever. It is easily adjusted, bringing my macbook to the same height as my external monitor. I have to say I wouldn't pay £59.99 for it I think that is overpriced. I was lucky enough to get it for half that price brand new which is about what it should be. But if you want a stunning stand because you have an external monitor and your willing to pay whatever price you can get it for then this is a must have!

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but lacks grip, 21 May 2014
As some other reviewers have mentioned the flaw in this otherwise lovely design is that it doesnt hold your MacBook secure. With both my 15" Pro and 13" Air the laptop tends to slip off which is disconcerting as its a good 3-4 ft off the floor when on a standard desk! I have had to use Blu Tak to make sure it holds. Hardly a design feature!

4.0 out of 5 stars 5-star worthy, held back by an expensive price tag, 1 April 2015
5-star worthy, held back by an expensive price tag.

I bought this after shortlisting it with the Rain Design mStand. Since I bought the HiRise, I've since started using the mStand at work, and to be honest I don't think I'd be able to choose between the two, it would be simply down to preference.

I've not had any issues with my laptop slipping off, but every time I do put my machine back on the stand I do have to spend a second or two lining it up. I have to do the same with the mStand though, as I can never put the laptop back in the exact same place. Similarly, I've found no need to change the height of the HiRise after initially setting it. The height adjustment is a little bit moot assuming the mStand is at the right height; if not then the HiRise might be more useful.

The HiRise looks the part, but the price is my main complaint. I am sure it could be priced a more affordable amount, but as with most things associated with Apple it seems a little inflated.

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoy sitting my MBPRO 13" on the stand and using ..., 21 Jan. 2015
Ian Grace - See all my reviews
Well made, functional, really enjoy sitting my MBPRO 13" on the stand and using with a trackpad or magic mouse - easy to type for brief periods when it is on the stand, no real complaints - so pleased I am going to buy another for my wife. Sturdy and dependable, I haven't experienced any slip problems, ingenious little stand which I would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, 6 July 2014
Excellent product - robust, adjustable, sleek looking. I have a 33cm Macbook which stays put on the stand with no slippage. Great for maintaining good posture at your desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Macbook stand, 27 May 2014
This is a neat and functional Macbook stand. It looks great on my desk and helps bring it up to height next to an external monitor. I've put mine at max-height and haven't adjusted it since but the initial adjustment was easy. I have had no issues with the laptop sliding off (Retina Macbook 13"). I am using a bluetooth Apple keyboard & mouse. Would recommend to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice height,but., 21 April 2014
With this riser for your laptop/ MacBook (for me at least) you get a nice working height with the usual high quality of finish from Twelve south, who definitely mimic the Mac finish well. However the main drawback I have to mention with this stand is the fact that my MacBook has a tendency to slowly slide forward down the stand despite the rubber grips, so a helping hand is required to keep it in place. Other than the above mentioned fault I can recommend this item for it's looks alone and the fact that it blends in superbly well next to a MacBook and thunderbolt display.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too wobbly, 24 July 2014
Looks good, but too wobbly, no matter how I adjusted the tension. Don't use it all. Ended up buying another one from Amazon (Rain Design mStand 360 Notebook Stand with Swivel for 13 inch MacBook and 15-17 inch MacBook Pro).