on 31 October 2012
This is the third year I've bought this book and found it very useful. Luckily the wines that are recommended are ones that we enjoy and they are generally easy to find in our local supermarkets. This makes choosing and buying wine much easier especially with the suggestions about which wine should be drunk with different food.
on 2 April 2013
This book is great for Internet shopping - it's use is a bit restrictive standing in the supermarket aisles!

Have had the book for a couple of weeks now and have purchased some of the recommended wines - so far so good :)
on 4 October 2013
This book is sorted by supermarket, then colour (red, white, rose, sparkling), and then by country. It then gives each wine a mark out of 10. I had several wines from here with scores of 8-10, and they were all wonderful (and under a tenner). Brilliant book, saves the guesswork of staring at row upon row of bottles!
on 26 March 2013
This is the book for those who look for value in the supermarket. I have used it for years and it has never recommended an 8 or 9 rated wine that was not excellent. The best so far this year is Roc-Montalon Bordeaux Supérieur 2011 from ASDA, a shop I very seldom visit. The label is modest but this is definitely a very reasonable claret with more Cabernet Sauvignon than the 70+% Merlots which normally sell at the price. It will probably be even better in a year or two.

If, as I do, you go sniping for value have this book in your pocket.
on 5 April 2013
I didn't get much chance to read this as it caught my husband's eye and he read it, and carried on reading it, he rates it and considering he is a 'grumpy old man who knows everything' it made him happy and that's well worth it!
on 26 February 2013
Good layout and easy to use on a regular basis. Connoisseurs would be surprised at what good value wines some supermarkets offer at remarkably reasonable prices! Non-connoisseurs can equally benefit from this book.
on 20 March 2013
I bought this book for my son's birthday. I had a look at it and it really is a comprehensive and very useful list of wines of all types, in all the big supermarkets. I would certainly carry it around whilst shopping. I never know what is good or bad, and this will certainly guide you.
on 6 November 2012
This is a most enjoyable book on supermarket wine, written in a pleasant, personal, light-hearted way that makes you get to know the author, and also offers the background information that enhances your understanding and awareness of what wine is all about. Great fun.
on 20 November 2012
A witty and intelligent read and a very practical,helpful guide.This would be of use to a wine novice (especially with the "what wine words mean" section)but also will interest the knowledgable wine enthusiast.
on 28 December 2012
Bought for my girlfriend who knows her wine, and given a bit of help in a decent wine shop will always hit the nail on the head with her selection. Supermarkets are a different game though - quality of selection can be a bit hit & miss. Not had chance to test the book out yet, but the advice is clear and simple to understand, and well laid out.

Look forward to fewer supermarket wine mistakes in 2013!