5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing machine!
Published 23 months ago by SL JOHNSON

2.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop with design flaw...
I was initially very pleased with this laptop. It's speedy, light and looks great. The only thing I would fault is the poor battery life (realistically 3 hours or so) which I was well aware of from reading many reviews and isn't an issue for me.

Unfortunately, after about 4 weeks, the flip down, ethernet port cover cracked and broke.
You can't plug a...
Published 20 months ago by Mr. Matthew Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing machine!, 30 Oct 2012
This review is from: Samsung 530U3C 13.3-inch Ultrabook (Silver) - (Intel Core i5 3317UM 1.7GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
Got this 2 months ago. Its slim, light and battery last for over five hours. It hasn't got a glossy screen so you can use it without seeing everything behind you reflected back. The processor is quick and handles all tasks. Windows 8 on this machine is a joy to use. Plays a lot of 3d games if you can dial back the settings including Dirt3 (my favourite). No problems with HD video or office duties either. Looks fantastic with it's metallic finish and the trackpad is really smooth and responsive. The lack of disk drive for DVD was a concern at first but now I just rent or rip films to the hard-drive. Couldn't be anymore pleased with my purchase to be fair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop with design flaw..., 25 Jan 2013

You can't plug a network cable in without the cover, as it hold the cable in place next to the pins.
I asked how I should go about returning my laptop to have it fixed and Samsung's response was that this was accidental damage and they would charge for replacement of the whole case! They said it would be cheaper for me to buy a USB network adapter then have it fixed - this was not really what I wanted to hear about a 4 week old, £700 laptop that clearly has a bit of a design flaw...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product from Samsung, 11 Jan 2013
Al Woodman "Lee Woodman" (London) - See all my reviews
Very slim...lightweight ultra book. I use it with Dreamweaver CS3 for some minor development work and it works perfectly. Very fast boot time and great for browsing the web.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 26 Dec 2012
Found the laptop to be as described, was quick and easy to use, ultra thin and transportable, along being good value for money in its range

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, slick and lightweight., 30 Dec 2012
Received this for Christmas to replace my old laptop which was running windows vista. I was initially sceptical about the boot up time, I needn't have worried, it is really fast. It took 21 seconds from pressing the on button, typing in my password and clicking internet explorer to get online. It is very slim and lightweight and the performance and memory available is more than sufficient. Windows 8 does take a little getting used to, however after using it for 2 weeks now, I am more than capable of navigating effectively. As will all PC's and laptops, it comes with a load of app's/programs that you will never use, these were swiftly uninstalled/deleted. Another benefit of this ultrabook is the ability for it to connect to my Samsung TV and my Samsung Blu Ray and share files. The most important issue however in my opinion when reviewing a laptop/ultrabook is the ease of which connect wirelessly. I have no connection issues whatsoever, whether I am home, office, train and other internet hotspots. I was even able to get full connectivity(5 out of 5) at a hotel I normally stay at when on business, my old laptop only managed to get 2 bars out of 5. I highly recommend this ultrabook.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Faulty wireless issue known to Samsung & Intel but no resolution, 16 Jun 2013
An ultrabook depends on wireless connectivity. There is a well-documented issue - which sadly I didn't know about before I purchased - with the Intel Centrino 6235 wireless adapter fitted to this product resulting in random, but frequent, wireless connectivity drop-outs. The issue appears to affect Samsung products in particular, but not exclusively. There is at present no solution. Driver updates have failed to remedy the problem and neither Intel or Samsung appear to doing anything about it. See here for just one of many, many threads on the problem: http://communities.intel.com/thread/31090?tstart=0. I'll be returning this ultrabook to Amazon as a defective product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 29 Jan 2013
M. Gledhill - See all my reviews
I recently bought one of these machines in a Swiss high-street store, reduced to £357 (but with a QWERTZ keyboard)
but even at this price, I find it hard to recommend this laptop.

I work with a variety of makes of laptops, including Apple, Lenovo, Sony and Samsung. This is the slimmest laptop I've had, but compared to each of the others, it's the one I least enjoy typing on.

Having a ultrabook is great for saving space, but unless you REALLY need a laptop that thin and portable, I'd recommend going for a slightly heavier laptop with a proper Quad-Core i5 processor (rather than the Dual-Core i5 in this ultrabook) and with a proper keyboard, whose keys do push down slightly Even my Apple Wireless keyboard is far nicer to type on than this ultrabook's keyboard.

However, as an ultrabook, it's fairly fast, quiet, and not too bad looking. It still looks like a budget model, when compared to, say, the Asus Zen ultrabooks.

(My favourite laptop is still my Sony VPC 13.3" quad-core i5 laptop, which weighs around 2kg. Unlike this ultrabook, I would consider it to be a Desktop replacement. It's a pleasure to type on, it's fast, quad-core, has a backlit keyboard, a great screen and has "real" trackpad buttons.)

1.0 out of 5 stars SERIOUSLY FLAWED, 14 Nov 2012
D. L. Thorne "davethorne" (Dorset, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Lovely PC spoiled by useless wireless. The intel centrino drops connection erratically and CANNOT be fixed as I write. Take a look at the intel forums.
[...]
The whole point of this machine is its portability which is destroyed by the lack of connectivity.
Seriously flawed

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 16 Aug 2014
Not as described

2.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful wireless connectivity, 28 Jun 2013
I generally liked this laptop, but it has a major flaw that, to my mind, renders it unusable.

It is painfully slow over wireless connections, and loses signal quickly as you move away from the router. It gets to be frustrating really fast.

If you intend to work with a network cable plugged in then you are fine. But what's the point of a highly portable ultrabook that has awful wireless connectivity? Mine went back to Amazon.