4.0 out of 5 stars A quick first view
I am one of the first to receive this new Autumn 2012 Windows 8 Samsung which I chose because it seemed to offer a high spec. for a reasonable price. This is my Xmas present for my wife, since I was getting tired of hearing her cries of despair and ire when working on her old laptop. With an i5 processor and 6GB of DDR3 1600 mhz RAM and 750gb of hard drive memory, this...
Published on 21 Nov. 2012 by Music addict

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent mid range laptop destroyed by Windows 8
A review of the laptop first:

Samsung are in a dwindling laptop market - it seems nobody can or wont compete with the MacBook. Of the various manufacturers out there, Samsung are as good a bet as anybody and, IMHO, just LOOK better than anybody else's machine. However, the machine feels a bit cheaper than it looks - a bit plasticy. The keyboard is of the...
Published on 4 Jan. 2013 by Grade A

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars High-spec heaven, 14 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Samsung 350V5C 15.6-inch Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i5 3210M 2.5GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 750GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
The combination of good price and good performance is always going to see a compromise somewhere... question is, where is the compromise here - I'm having difficulty finding it!

This is well specced laptop, with a gorgeous screen - which isn't like looking in a mirror! There was a day when consumers would pay extra for a "shiny screen" - and then all laptops had shiny screens and "dull" screens where impossible to get. So it is great to have them return.

The I5 processor gives good performance for all the tasks I need. I am a keen photographer so like to fiddle with images - and this Samsung lets me do that. I'm not a gamer and I don't do much (any?) video-editing so the compromise is probably on the graphics processing with this.

The 750GB hard drive means I have plent of room to temporarily store photos when out and about.

There is a downside - and that is Windows 8... but only because I am so unfamiliar with it.

Great performance. Stylish looks. Light. Feels like a sturdy, quality laptop.

Highly recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, 9 Aug. 2013
Bought this for normal ever day use- mainly for MS Office.

Large memory
Rather fast
Excellent keyboard

Heavy :( as it states in the specs

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 7 Aug. 2013
This Samsung notebook has proved to be a wise purchase. It feels well built; it has all the usual bells and whistles any normal user needs or could want; and it's fast and flawless in use. By any reasonable standards, it's excellent all round value for money.
As impressed as I have been by Windows 7 -- I began my PC life with MS-DOS 2.1 -- I was uncertain about Windows 8, especially having read the widespread complaints levelled at it. I need not have paid the slightest attention to the pathetic remarks made about another fine piece of software engineering by MS. It is true that W8 differs from previous Windows versions, but it helps to spend time reading the manual before making false or impatient accusations about the OS. In truth, before switching everything from Windows 7 and my superb MSi CX600 to the Samsung and Windows 8, I shall wait for the 8.1 update. I shall then feel utterly confident to manage the new OS with my peripherals and all the usual applications.
To add to this rosy picture of the hardware and the OS, Amazon delivered my UK order to Belgium in less than 48 hours. What future does the High Street really have? No wonder those dreary charity shops have it pretty much to themselves!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2013 upgrade, 12 Mar. 2013
I am not a computer geek, indeed I have to rely on others for set up etc. However, I am impressed by the speed of connection in comparison to my 10yrs old model I like the sleek shape and am acclimatizing myself to windows 8.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Windows 8, 8 Feb. 2013
I have given this Samsung a 4* rating due to the lack of information on how to use Windows 8. Surely a full instruction manual should be included in the price not just a small handbook. I am 73yrs of age now trying to get to grips with Windows 8, not easy..

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 350VC Laptop, 21 Sept. 2014
southcoastreviewer (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I'm writing this review on my 350V5C right now.

I have the model with an Intel Core i7, 1TB HDD and 8GB RAM. It came with Windows 8, and the upgrade to 8.1 was easy enough.

The screen clarity is excellent; don't get me wrong, this is not a gaming laptop, and it has struggled with some pretty basic FPS games. I wanted to play Skyrim on it, and the graphics were nowhere near desirable. Don't get this if you intend to game. In fact, don't get a laptop if you intend to game ;)

The specifications, up front, look good. I don't run too much on this; Photoshop and Office 2013. However, after under a year of use I find the speed of the hard drive is absolutely appalling. I have over 50% space free; the laptop takes around 2 minutes to boot. I would exchange the 1TB of local space right now for a decent SSD in a heartbeat.

The keyboard is nice; I do a *lot* of typing, and the keys are responsive; the keyboard itself nicely spaced out.

Around 6 months in, the laptop stopped charging completely. I tried a new charger; that wasn't the problem. On returning to Samsung, they completely replaced the chassis so whilst the customer service was excellent, the two weeks of chasing my tail to get the laptop sorted was not. I work in IT for a living. Whilst I can appreciate that devices are sometimes inherently faulty, it wasn't impressive.

Overall, this is a decent laptop for the price, but don't be fooled. The disk is slow and the graphics are onboard, making the i7 and 8GB RAM a moot point. I'm going to throw in a dual SSD and HDD (you can buy these from Western Digital and they seem quite decent) and double the RAM spec. Then I might have a machine worth its processing power.

5.0 out of 5 stars quick and easy, 4 Oct. 2013
I am not a computer nerd by any means but I love my new Samsung. It looks good, is as fast I will ever need and has a great picure (according to my daughter when we speak on SKYPE).
I can't see what all the fuss is about re Windows 8. It didn't take this 67 year old long to get the hang of it so it can't be THAT bad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Sept. 2013
Very impressed by the product and the care taken in wrapping and delivery, it arrived almost the next day. Well done Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars not good, but not bad, 19 July 2013
I got this laptop in the john Lewis sale for 50 pounds less. I saw there was a problem with the speaker; it wasn't playing loudly at all but it turns out that was just a one off. the colours on the screen are bright and the track pad is all right. whats also good is the keypad. also its not the fastest laptop in the world. however after a month of having it I couldn't turn the thing on so I had to send it back and swap it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 10 Jun. 2013
R (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I'm not sure whether it's Windows 8 or just the computer, but I have been pretty let-down by my experience using this laptop. The response on the track-pad lags and sometimes does not recognize that I have placed my fingers to move the pointer, requiring me to pick my finger up and place it again in the pad. The response of the computer is also rather lagging. For a brand-new computer I would think that opening files and programs would be quicker, but I have been disappointed in this aspect as well. I have used this computer on different internet connections of different speeds and in each place photos don't display properly the first time I open a web-page. I constantly need to refresh the page (sometimes two or three times) to get the photos to display properly. I also find the pointer moving to places on the screen that I do not want and I end up writing text in a place I have not selected. Whenever I open a media player (itunes, windows etc.) the computer automatically checks the disc-drive and makes a clicking noise. I don't need to open the drive, but if I maximize a media player (which is already running) the computer will check (even if I do this 10 times in one minute). Frustrating if you find yourself needing to switch tracks often. The computer always turns back on by itself after I have put it to sleep. The battery life is also very short. I only have about 3 hours of use and this is a brand new computer. Not sure what the problem is.
Even if you are looking for a mid-low level computer, I would search different products before giving this one a try. I'm thinking of sending it back and giving another one a try.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›