4.0 out of 5 stars PS Vita + AC III Liberation.
I had initial problems with missing items (the game code) and CS not helping. Since my OP slated Amazon it is only fair that I commend the CS Elevation team for their speed and courtesy (even if they did end up sending two).

The box comes with everything you'd expect, and also the PS Vita AR cards, which I didn't expect.

The first thing about the...
Published 20 months ago by Naast

2.0 out of 5 stars An extravagance
I got this as a gift to myself with the idea being that I'd no longer have to sit through the mindless reality tv that my wife regularly subjects me to (Big Brother etc) and to start with that's exactly what happened.

The first thing that struck me with the Vita was that, aesthetically, it is very impressive. It's beautifully designed and the buttons are...
Published 15 months ago by R. Forse

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars PS Vita + AC III Liberation., 7 Nov 2012
Naast (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita WiFi Console with Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation Download Code and 4GB Memory Card (Console)

The first thing about the game, and the only problem I have with it, is that it is a hefty download (2.96GB) considering you are given a 4GB Memory Card. I don't know why the game is a DL and not a hard copy. I have a couple of theories but they're quite cynical so I'll keep them to myself.

The game itself is set in New Orleans, the Bayou and Mexico between the 1760's and 1780's. You take the role of Aveline de Grandpré a young African/French woman from a fairly wealthy N.O. family. Aveline is not one of Desmond's ancestors, instead she is the "vessel" for an entertainment version of the Animus delivered by Abstergo Entertainment.

Aveline has 3 "Personas" (Assassin,Lady and Slave) which can be used to approach the game in different ways. Each has it's strengths and weaknesses. The game utilises the Vita's touchscreen and backpanel to chain kills, pickpocket and mark targets for ranged assassinations. The gameplay and storyline are decent and so far the main character seems more likeable (in my opinion) than Connor from the main AC3 game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, but further purchase necessary., 26 Dec 2012
This is a brilliant product that any gamer will enjoy. The power it clearly has is incredible, I knew it played games at a graphical level comparable to the PS3, but the true effect is completely stunning! I've played a few games on it so far, WRC3, WipEout 2048, NFS Most Wanted and Ridge Racer (Not yet downloaded Assassins Creed as discussed later) but I have to say the graphical star is Wipeout, delivering a level of crisp, precise visuals that really I've only seen on the full blown PS3, which I think gives an idea of just how powerful the Vita is.

I haven't actually downloaded Assassins Creed Liberation yet, (Yes, they give you a code to redeem, not a physical copy) as a friend of mine who downloaded it says it takes up a good 5GB of space on his Vita, and this bundle only provides a 4GB memory card. This is my one gripe with this bundle, that it would be infinitely better if it only came with a larger capacity card.

Still, the card has been a great bonus, as its meant I can play all the other games I've bought so far without the worry of having to desperately buy a memory card.

Overall, this was the perfect way for me to buy a Vita, and I feel that just getting that downloadable game at virtually no extra cost has made up for the fact that another memory card will have to be bought anyway, and I would seriously recommend this package to anyone interested in wanting a fuss free way of getting started with a PS Vita.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal bundle., 13 Nov 2012
S. Harvie "scotth_1320" (Rep of Alba) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Easily the best handheld console on the market complete with an excellent addition to the Assassin's Creed series.

Listing should make clear that game is via PlayStation Network download voucher and not a physical copy.

Ideally an 8Gb memory card required as a minimum as the download will take up most of the 4Gb bundled card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 16 Jan 2013
Got this for my son to replace his PSP, he's 15 and said that this is much improved from the PSP. He's got several Assassins Creed games for his PS3 so knew I was onto a winner

5.0 out of 5 stars What a console, 29 Dec 2012
This console is amazing a must have. Sony does not disappoint. Really easy to use. The graphics are incredible for the for a handheld console

5.0 out of 5 stars Great console decent game, 25 Nov 2012
Ps vita is seriously under estimated by the gaming community in my opinion. Really powerful, great games (perhaps not enough at the moment) and a decent stream of digital downloads. Memory cards are an issue though. Really expensive and after install AC3 leaves enough space for 1 ps classic game. Get another memory card if you intend to download other games.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vita, 20 Feb 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Surprised with how much I've utilised this over my ps3 though would recommend purchasing at least 16gb memory card along with the vita

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal., 8 Oct 2013
Nicholas G. Bunce (Japan) - See all my reviews
Great deal for what it is. Only criticism is that getting the Platinum on Liberation will require grinding of the HIGHEST ORDER (pun wasn't intended but it can stay in), due to the game being bugged wrt trophies. It IS a Ubisoft game, and an Assassin's Creed on at that, so there are billion and 3 bugs in it, but still worth playing if you're a fan of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 2 Sep 2013
In my opinion , the best assassins creed game so far, though you do play as a woman throughout the whole game which is odd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wee console, good game if you're into AC (although not quite as good as any of the console ACs), 13 Aug 2013

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›