Platform: PC|Edition: Standard|Format: Box|Change

on 15 February 2013
After playing the game, it has proven to be both fun and frustrating. It is a more-or-less standard first-person shooter, but the graphics are excellent and the missions challenging. There are two parts to the frustration; first, even in single-player mode, one has to log into Origin. I don't know whether it's directly related to that, but several times already the game has crashed. Worse, though, are the controls. For example, to stay in the crouched or prone position, the appropriate key has to be held down the entire time, which can be awkward when trying to do several things at once; the controls in Call of Duty 4 are much superior. Also, I find trying to drive a vehicle using the arrow keys difficult. (This is the same problem with the initial Medal of Honour game.) If they insist on including a driving scenario, they should at least provide a decent way to steer; if they can have a person on foot steerable with the mouse, why not the vehicle?
In short, if you have the patience to re-play the same scenario several times, it's a pretty good game.
VINE VOICEon 2 January 2014
I loved Medal of Honor 2010 and had great hopes for this game. When I upgraded to Windows 7 it was high on my list of games to try. I really expected to love it.

Unfortunately, it didn't absorb me as much as its predecessor. It was a good idea to give the characters some depth by giving them home lives. However, I still wasn't sure who was who!

I suffered a couple of glitches. However, buying a game late has its advantages. I was able to find solutions on line.
1: Mission where no controls responded...Solution: Make sure you pass through first way point.
2. First car chase: View defaults to side window. Only lets you look ahead when driving forward. Chase car goes off route (through shops!). Shut down game and go back to save point (This mission took ages because of this glitch. I never want to play it again).
3. Screen goes black after second car chase: Reduce graphics to "Low". Play in windowed mode. I'm not sure if my copy would have suffered this glitch but I took pre-emptive action.

The action is fun. The weapons feel meaty. Some come with infinite ammo (although you can always top up from squad mates on other weapons).

It looks fantastic and ran smoothly on my moderate rig.

My main gripe is wasting time on car chases. If I had wanted "Need for Speed", I wouldn't have bought a FPS. Nevertheless, I will play it again (but not the first car chase!!!)and the multiplayer is fun (but numbers of players are falling).

Its stablemate Battlefield 3 looks very similar and offers a much better single player campaign.
on 14 March 2015
Nice looking visuals
Atmospheric sound
Varied maps and vehicles
Immersive - the game grows on you towards the end

But it has some minor niggles:

Awkward crouch and lean controls
Linear gameplay
Enemy goes for you in preference to your team mates
Team mates aren't very helpful - you do most of the hard work
Checkpoint saves - die, reload and retry
Repetitive - too many door breaches and bullet time sequences
Frustrating car chases

But for 9 hours of single player campaign entertainment, it was well worth the £4. :)
on 14 March 2013
I have played an incredible amount of first person shooters and this one is by far the MOST LINEAR and unfortunately boring campaign I have ever played... to the point I didn't even feel like finishing it. As we know, campaigns like call of duty, battlefield 3 and so on... the are linear, they don't offer the players a lot of freedom, you have to do "something" in a determined way each level and that's it... but hey, at least YOU HAVE TO DO IT!... with MoH Warfighter your actions and movements sometimes go into AUTOMATIC move, meaning that in the middle of an action, the computer overrides your control to move you in the way you are supposed to move to stick to the story line... I think they pushed it a bit to far.

The multiplayer is even more disappointing than the single player, no words to even attempt to describe it.

The only reason i give this game 2 stars is because the graphics are really good.... but that's it.
on 8 June 2013
Finally after speaking to 4 live advisors from origin did I even install it!
It is very slow to load- and the cut (movie) scenes are prolific- and soooo dull!!

The gamer is forced to listen to inescapable endless clips involving a rubbish sloppy love story, and endless background blather on whats going to happen.

Another issue- it doesn't always save your place to the correct checkpoint. And- its frequently crashes and nothing you can do will alter that. Oh, and you need a brand new super powerful full on gaming PC to run this, don't bother if you haven't. You see, this is what they use at 'origin' so that's what everyone has - in their simple minds at least.
There are some good action sections, but not enough to justify buying this.
on 13 October 2014
Whilst the weapons are well done alternatives such as grenades are not, very low area of kill. This FPS has many good points although the vehicle chases etc are silly in the speeds you need to control on a keyboard in order to be successful. As with all Medal of Honor games the software is very "glitchy" and this makes it VERY frustrating, in a tight fire fight your only good automatic weapon firing only single shots, even though you have tested it, with same software not allowing you to through grenades etc. or even run away, then after 20 goes you give up or go to a very simple difficulty, which defeats the purpose for an ex soldier. A good game with very poor software spoiling a good plot. With good graphics if you have a high spec machine like mine.
on 15 December 2013
I would say that this game is a very good game. It is quite taxing on your PC system, but if you have a high end PC, then the graphics are very, very good. I am playing my games with 2No GTX 690's graphics cards in sli, i7 3960X CPU, 16GB 2133MHz RAM, all nicely set on my ASUS Rampage Extreme motherboard, fully water cooled.

It is not just shooting, there are driving elements, and chasing down enemies that changes the tempo quite well.

There is probably too many cut scenes, but it does have an half decent storyline, the acting is very good, and it has very good musical scores to keep things pumping.

Some reviewers say the game is boring, I thought the opposite. Overall, I would give this game a 4 star
on 29 January 2016
Shame I can't give it less than 1 star. Origin is complicated and awful, Game won't save at all, either to the cloud or my computer. Overheats my power supply and shuts down the computer even after a few minutes at low graphics and texture settings. When it did play for an hour or two the first time, was full of long pointless cut scenes. I bought this to play a game not to sit and watch a film about some made up soldiers made up relationship with his wife and child.

The early MOH games were better and more playable than the Call of Duty equivalents but now the roles are very much reversed. I certainly won't be wasting any more time or money on games from this franchise.
on 23 May 2013
Single player is great, the cutscenes help bind the story and pull you emotionally into the game. Graphics are brilliant. Multiplayer has awsome ideas however it has a huge learning curve and you get find yourself constantly dying from grenades and airial attacks. Maps are extreamly small and even more restrictive which lacks any sort of tactical play for those that do not want to just run and gun. Fireteam and buddys, playing for yout country and playing with other nations soldiers are all really great and rewarding ideas. Gun customisation is good but very messy and confusing.
Get it for single player in my opinion
on 21 February 2014
Tried to load this game, it crashed! Loaded first dvd, them when I put the second one in, as requested, it sat there and looked at me for 20 minutes. Origin then decided it wouldn't close, even in event manager, so I had to re-boot. Then the game decided it didn't want to load from the discs, it would download the game from the Origin server. This was taking forever, even with BT's top broadband. In the end I got fed up bothering so just switched it all off, I just can't be arsed with crap that won't even load properly. Total waste of money, don't bother.