on 6 September 2013
hard to beat this pub guide; not merely where to get real ale, but good service and food too; hardly ever been let down by it and even then when carrying an out of date guide or a bad brewery has done something awful between editions, as they are wont to do.
on 12 August 2013
I am a member of CAMRA and I buy this book every year. Always handy when travelling around the country. Some of my friends will plan their route home using this guide. I generally find that if a licensee looks after their beer well, then their food is normally of a good quality too.
on 11 March 2013
The Good Beer Guide is the beer drinkers bible. As a CAMRA member I have been buying the Good Beer Guide for many years, this year I thought I would try the e-book version. It is very disappointing as it is not easy to just brows through it like a real book. Also the maps for the regions are too small and you cannot enlarge them as you can with the text. Also being a CAMRA member I could have purchased the paper version for about two thirds of the cost.
on 25 March 2013
Yes, it's fabulous. Some of the entries are a little off-kilter, but what the hey, pubs sometimes change their beers/management/menu and you find out they're not as nice as they were. On average, though, in fact 99% of the time, this little number is spot-on and to be applauded for allowing the beer-taster to ply his trade when away from home. It gives some nice food tips too. As I said, fabulous.
on 6 January 2013
I have chosen to submit the highest rating for the CAMRA`s GOOD BEER GUIDE as I consider it is a good read, has lots of relevant information, and the price is very good too, I personally buy this book every year and have done for many years as a present for a member of my family. I would encourage other amazon users to purchase this book too.
on 24 December 2012
Great to have the convenience of the Guide on the Kindle. However, there is scope for improving search options and navigation around the Guide, fully taking advantage of the potential of the Kindle format.

Overall though, a definite recommendation.
on 13 March 2013
Bought this specifically for use when visiting Bristol for a couple of days. Gave good information that enabled me to enjoy some lovely beer in great locations suggested in the guide. Hope to enjoy many more pubs using this guide as my foundation.
on 8 February 2013
We buy this guide yearly and consult it regularly when going to an unfamiliar area. Although we buy it for the information on beer, we also use it to select a place to eat when we are away from home. We have learned to differentiate between "good home cooking" type of entries (often first rate food) and "good value" (usually very ordinary basic cheap meal). It is more difficult to tell what the pub itself will be like. We have been attracted by the entries to some very dirty and unpleasant places but also found lots of real gems.
on 25 December 2012
Highly recommended for those who like their real ales! The perfect xmas present for my husband this year. If you prefer pubs for their food, I'd recommend the pub guide instead. Both are v good buys
on 27 May 2013
I found this book very difficult to navigate and very frustrating. Trying to find locations is very laborious. I purchased the Kindle version for ease when travelling as it would save me having to lug the large printed version around with me. The maps are very poor and in some cases unreadable. Very disappointing and probably wont purchase another Kindle version as using the printed copy is so much easier. Shocking value for money.