5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Book!
Simon and Martin Toseland have collected a near-pythonesque range of weird and wonderful facts and statistics, to make you marvel at the quirks of the modern world. Infographica gives an unusual and sideways take on the bizarre trivia of life.
Published 17 months ago by Nick Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars A real page-turner
Looking at the reviews, this book divides people with only one or five stars at the time I write this review.

Published 10 months ago by helophilus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Book!, 17 Nov 2012
The excellent graphic design adds wit and warmth and takes it to a level where it becomes much more than the sum of its parts.
My teenage sons, my husband and my mother all loved it. They started quoting things that had caught their eye. It's funny, off-beat -- and really quite interesting.
Gift problem solved: everyone I know will love to get this for Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars everything you always wanted to know but just didn't realise you wanted to know it, 12 Dec 2012
At first glance this looks like one of those books that people buy for others at Christmas, which then lies around unwanted and unread. But it's far from that. It's a mine of useful and useless information, presented in an accessible and entertaining way......and it's hilarious. I've bought copies for my teenage son and my octogenarian father and i'm sure both will love it too. Worth checking out some of the other books by these authors too.

1.0 out of 5 stars A real page-turner, 14 Jun 2013
helophilus (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews

I teach statistics to university students and thought this book might present some interesting data that I can use in lectures, and perhaps some novel ways of presenting data. I was disappointed on both counts. I went through the book in about 15 minutes, turning page after page hoping the next spread would be in some way interesting, but alas no. I just don't see the point of this book and was suckered in by reviews that are incomprehensibly good.

There is nothing of quality here.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful book, 18 May 2013
I really enjoyed going through the infographics in this book. It's one of those books that if you keep on a table in full view of others, they will always pick it up. And smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 9 Jan 2013
I so enjoyed this book. I particularly liked that the facts covered range from the fun (for how much the rich and famous have insured their various body parts), to the intriguing (countries with the most bored people), to the genuinely thought-provoking (global hunger indexes). It's well-presented and easily digestible and perfect for dipping in and out of. Though I have to say I had intended to read just a little, and then just a little more...and ended up reading it from cover to cover in one sitting. Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my best gift purchases, 6 Jan 2013
Great book, full of interesting facts you never realised you wanted to know. Beautifully illustrated and produced. Of all my Christmas gifts this was one of the most popularly received. Good stuff, when's the next installment?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great idea brilliantly executed, 4 Dec 2012
Fun, interesting and really well put together. The choice of interesting facts is brilliantly diverse and the graphics are cool and clear. Bought it as a gift for someone else but spent so long looking through it that am now keeping it for myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you ever wanted to know ...., 2 Dec 2012
Fascinating and unusual facts and stats, appealingly presented in a fun and accessible way - perfect present for those hard to buy for men in your life. I bought this for my teenage nephew, who loved it. Its going to be my stock Christmas present this year. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 1 Dec 2012
This book is amazing , full of fascinating ,quirky facts and information that you can use to randomly drop into any conversation and stun your friends with.Perfect as a Christmas or birthday present for those usually hard to buy for friends and relatives,ideal as a Secret Santa present and a must for all teenagers.( my 15 year old son gives it a huge thumbs up !) The graphics in the book are wonderful and they certainly make you look at the world in a different way .

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 30 Nov 2012
L. Voss "Louise Voss" (SW London) - See all my reviews
I think everyone else said it too, but it's worth repeating - what a perfect Christmas present to give anyone who likes a) books b) quirky statistics and c) good design - I love the graphics, it's a really nice-looking product. It's one of those books that you keep in the toilet ...and I don't mean that as an insult! - perfect to dip in and out of. Impress your friends with a mine of useless information!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›