LED Lenser K3 Key-Ring Torch (Black) - Gift Box
Package Type: Frustration-Free PackagingChange
Price:£10.64+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 21 September 2010
I cannot tell you how bright and small this torch is cant wait to take the dog out in the morning with it and try the focusing

Wide focusing is a perfect circle with no dim spots and a very neat blue rim round the edge, spot beam is really bright really hope it gets dark quick to test it

I read a lot about how good it is but never thought it could light the night (dark bathroom ) the way it does put it this way i would rather use the K3 than my very old outdated mag-light 3d cell

just now i put the battery's from my new K3 into my old Led Lenser V2 key finder and its so dull and when i bought that i thought that was bright no no its only good for finding that hidden money under that car seat ha!!!

you wont be disappointed believe me do not hesitate to buy it, just look on youtube for reviews

I am a massive Led Lenser fan i have the Police Tech Focus, V2 TL-Tactical , T7 , V2 Key Finder , but the K3 is my favorite because its so small and packs so much just Excellent

100/100
VINE VOICEon 27 January 2012
I purchased this item for myself, so I'm not at all concerned with the 'gift' style packaging or presentation. In all honesty, I quite like the idea that at least there's somewhere to keep the instructions (not that you really need them) and 'bits' together.

The torch is certainly the smallest that I can remember owning. Initial impressions are that it appears to be very well made, is lightweight and the black finish gives it that air of a 'quality' product.

The adjustable beam pattern might be a bit of a gimmick for some, but I've found it very handy for navigating my way through the local shortcuts. The operation really couldn't be much simpler or more intuitive.

There are two small niggles that I hope could be addressed, without compromising the design. These are:

1. The small 'keyring' where it's attached to the torch is very weak. I suppose there's a physical limitation, given the rest of the torch, but the real issue is that there's not a large enough loop / hole to put a better keyring through.

I may try to make my own wire loop, just to ensure that this stays secured to the keyring.

2. When I first setup the torch, it involved getting the four (x4) cells into the body. I should've noted that there was a label affixed to the inside of the body, showing the correct orientation (+/-) of the cells. The batteries really are a snug fit as I was soon to discover, as the label (remember, the thickness of a piece of paper) was enough to wedge the cells into place and stop them from being easily removed.

Having eventually gotten the batteries out, I was able to fish the label out of the torch and there's been not more problems.

Could a simple mark not be made on the inside of the body, rather than attaching a label? Perhaps even redesigning the torch to use a standard triple-A (AAA) battery would be a better idea?

Anyways, I'm still pretty pleased with my purchase and there's a certain feel good factor from something that's from the UK.
on 10 October 2010
I own a number of different LED Lenser products and while I absolutely LOVE this item, it has three small flaws...

1. The batteries will run out fairly quickly (by quick I mean after a few months)...and these are expensive batteries to buy. This may be due to the push button on the base -- while never finding the torch switched on in my pocket, I have been aware of how easily it can be 'flashed' on (which may happen often in a pocket during the course of a day...)

2. The focus is sharp but has a nasty blue ring round the edge...I always use it on the soft beam (much better spread and strangely a more intense centre).

3. The small metal keyring/loop that connects directly to the torch itself is clearly a weak metal. This has already spread apart enough to risk losing the torch completely from my keys, and often the sharp pointy metal catches and tears at my pocket. I will find a solution to this, as the torch certainly deserves to be kept!

I would still recommend this to everyone, but feel Lenser could have done a little better with this one...
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 5 December 2010
This is a very bright and useful mini torch. It's lightweight and small which makes its output even more impressive. This item is exceptionally practical and its power to weight ratio is amazing. Build quality is excellent.

It is easily suitable to be placed on a key ring. Judging by similar products from this maker, id say this item will survive the many knocks and shocks your keys are subjected to over time. It's handy in a huge number of situations. When you always have this light on your keys, you will find many everyday uses for it.

The batteries (4 x button/watch type) give light for a long time. The LED itself should last a lifetime given reasonable use. I can't imagine a traditional bulb lasting like these LED ones do.

The focus is one of the best things about this torch. By pushing together/pulling apart to make it shorter/longer you change the focus from spot to flood. I'm used to the twist to focus system so this was an unusual surprise. The spot is good and creates intense light. The flood is cool. Somehow it manages to create an even spread of light within the confines of the flood beam. The flood beam is a near perfect circle. The edge of this circle has a blue line around its entire circumference. There is very little light outside this flood focus circle. It's strange to find light focused into such a clearly defined (blue ringed) area. My first use of this focus was very much a wow moment.

I now have three LED Lenser torches (police tech, K3 and another similar key ring version) and I'm very happy with all of them. I gave two police techs for presents last Christmas and I've ordered two of these Led Lenser 8313 K3 Key Ring Torches to give as gifts this year.

Overall, this is an exceptional product which I would highly recommend. However, you should bear in mind the wide range of Led Lenser products available. There might be a variation which more suits your needs so look around before buying.
on 9 February 2011
Nice size torch. About 6.5cm in length. And 6.8 diameter on widest point. The on/off button is firm enough not to switch on in your pocket. Really strong build quality. The focus motion is easy to slid up and down but firm. And the beam is so amazingly bright. I have a leatherman monarch 200 and i'd say this K3 is 10 times brighter. Its an absolute MUST BUY.
on 30 November 2010
I was trying to purchase a small torch for my keyring. I had bought a few £2-odd ones previously and the last one was okay but the batteries were running out so I looked around and found this on Amazon. There are many different models but this size-wise seemed the most suitable.

When delivered it came in a nice little presentation box and the 4 hearing aid batteries fitted in to the torch fairly easily (check that they don't flip as you drop them in). There is a press switch at the end of the torch, by the chain ring, that does only click with definite pressure so it shouldn't turn on in your pocket. The case has a nice knurled section to give good grip and the lense area slides in and out to focus the beam. The beam of light is very powerful and works well for quite a distance, however it is quite directional so doesn't give a too wide spread very close up, i.e. the ground beneath your feet if walking in the dark but would be fine shining just in front of you.

Overall a great torch that fits into your pocket easily and looks great too. How long the batteries will last for I don't know but they claim that it is 50 odd hours.
on 15 January 2011
Got the K3 today and as expected top quality workmanship,
the flood light gives a perfect circle of quite bright light
for it's size and will far exceed anything I'll use it for.

The spot light on the other hand, is not really anything to shout about.

For the size of the torch you can't really expect it to compete with
it's bigger brothers, well worth the money in my opinion
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have had a few torches over the years but can never find one when I want one, usually misplaced by any one or a combination of the children....

First things first, this is a small pocket sized torch with an incredible level of power. I have mine attached to the back door keys, strategically for those emergency trips to the shed or as happens when we have a power outage. The Lenser is clearly well made it one of the first things you notice when you receive it. It might be a small pocket sized model but it has a level of sturdiness found in larger and more expensive models. There is also a good solid feel and weight to the torch as well, it's not going to light up wembley but it is very competent in the back yard.

The light thrown out by the LED was very unexpected at first a pure white beam that eaasily reaches the trees in fron of our house 30-40 metres away. Add to this the focus on the beam that with larger hands can be done with the one hand and you have a pretty smart little torch.

Where I was most impressed was when the kids used the torch to play "Torch Tag" we have an acre and a half in front of the house and the torch while small in size is big on power picking out the kids in the grass easily.

Overall I have bought two of these one for my brothers birthday. Cracking little gadget, well built, sturdy and gives you a great deal of confidence which then blows you away with it's unexpected power... Buy one and keep it in the back door for all of those emergencies..
on 27 January 2011
I have included a short, video demonstration of the Lenser LED 8313 K3 keyring torch. It shows the speed focus system in action on a wall from a distance of between 2-3 metres. The spot-to-flood feature can easily be operated one-handed. The white light from this little torch is amazing; you will be very pleasantly surprised by the powerful beam coming from this small and lightweight torch.

It sits comfortably on my key ring, together with my Leatherman Micra and all my keys. The torch is very robust and made from metal; it should withstand all but the most severe of punishments. I dropped mine on a hard floor from about a metre and it wasn't marked or scratched in any way. And yes, it still works! The power switch at the end of the barrel is very tactile indeed and so easy to use. I've been clicking it on and off just for the sheer joy of it. (I obviously need to get out more). The power button can be held and released if you need just a short burst of light, or you can press it in properly (without having to hold it in) for longer periods of light. There is a definite click action and it works very well. The design is such that it won't come on accidentally whilst on your key ring or inside your pocket.

When I first saw the key ring attachment, I was concerned that it would not be strong enough to withstand the day-to-day stresses of being attached to my key ring. However, it has proven to be stronger than it looks and I am confident it will stay attached to my key ring through normal, everyday use. For convenient removal, I have attached it using a removable clip so I can easily use it without all my keys dangling from it.

The included batteries can be quite fiddly to install. Rather than try to insert the batteries one at a time, I would suggest you pile the batteries up on the table and lower the torch onto them. This is far easier and quicker. The end of the torch screws securely on. One thing Amazon's description fails to point out is the fact that in addition to 4 x AG13 batteries, this torch will also take a single type N battery. (Also known as type 2011, LR1, KN or MN9100).

In summary, I would highly recommend this superb little torch. It is small and light enough to be carried on a key ring and for its size and price, it provides a very impressive coverage and intensity of clear, white light. This goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway: this is a small, key ring torch that costs under £10. It is not as powerful as the more expensive LED torches. But those torches are far too big and heavy to have on your key ring. Bear that in mind and you won't be at all disappointed.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 12 May 2012
Focusable by pulling out the end lens bit. Well built, strong and light. Only downside is it takes 4 button batteries which are not too widely available.