5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sound Card
Published 16 months ago by Roger Bradley

3.0 out of 5 stars Card is ok. Drivers are terrible
The card gives good performance, but the driver support from creative is awful. With the creative drivers the card just kept making a horrible hissing noise, I switched to some community made drivers and the problem was solved. But it took some digging to find the community drivers. I'm not going to buy a creative sound card again.
Published 10 months ago by Jake Kelday

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sound Card, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
Who needs a separate soundcard these days? You read that all the time online. Well the true answer is anyone who cares about music, playing PC games or watching films definitely needs a dedicated, separate soundcard. The onboard sound built into your motherboard can never come close. I have a top of the range ASUS motherboard and the Realtek sound built in to that is nowhere near as good as a separate.
Over the last six months I've been trying to find a satisfactory one. I was lead astray by reviews online and tried two different high end ASUS Xonar cards. Neither provided what I was expecting. Plus their software was dreadful!
So I decided to try this SoundBlaster Z. At last I've found what I was looking for. This card blows the £150 Xonars away, for me.
The quality of the sound is perfect. Clear, immersive, well separated with solid bass. Gaming and playing music is a joy!
For the price this has to be the sound card bargain of all time. This is the same card as the version that costs £40 more for a pointless red cover and a microphone. You get the card and a software disk. That's all you need. There's a complete PDF manual on the disk. The Creative software is first rate.
Uninstall your current sound card first - remove drivers and software. If it's an onboard job, remove the drivers/software first, restart and as the PC is booting press Del or F2 to get into your BIOS setup. Find the onboard sound and disable it. Press F10 and select the YES option to save changes. Shut down and fit this soundcard.
On booting up Windows will find the new card and automatically install its own drivers. Then insert the Creative CD and install their software and drivers. You'll almost certainly have to update them, but that's handled for you by the Creative update service.
Set up your speakers in the Creative Control Panel, put on your favourite music, or play your favourite game and enjoy!
I can't rate this soundcard highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality for the money, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
I purchased both this card and the much more expensive ZXR and I could say that the price difference between the two is definitely not worth it.
Yes, the Audio Control Module on the ZXR is nice and somewhat useful and yes, ZXR has more I/O options but the software however, is the same for both cards, the much cheaper Z has all the adjustments that ZXR has. From the sound quality perspective for home entertainment, I would say that the OEM Z sound card card is worth every penny with no noticeable difference between the Z and the ZXR card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect sound card, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
Excellent SnR, coupled with a nice cable like a QED one can get the best of any stereo amplifier (considering they are properly grounded), Microphone functions are impressive, full blast with my speakers and they mute any other sound that it isn't my voice, plus you have fun with the effects included for it and it doesn't have red leds that would otherwise not fully match a full black and blue setup.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... was until I got this - it is seriously good. I have gone from vinyl - to cd ..., 25 July 2014
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
I did not realize how sh*te my on board sound (good old realtek) was until I got this - it is seriously good.

I have gone from vinyl - to cd - then to archiving on my PC. Buying this card was a bit of a 'punt' but I guessed -ah why not.

I listen to a LOT of music - I have been buying albums since I was 14 and I am 56 now - I have a vast collection - music is important to me - so I expect a reasonable sound - I had no idea how poor onboard sound was until I got this card - if you have a good sound system (amp and speakers) you will reap huge rewards.

I couldn't give a flying f**k about gaming so its performance in this respect is of no interest to me - I just want good quality audio - this does it in spades.

My best component purchase ever.

EDIT - well after a fair few weeks now I am just more and more impressed with this product - the other PC's in the house sound pants compared to the pc with this card. All my sound systems are good quality (amps and speakers) so it is clear that the Blaster Z is making the difference. This is without doubt the best PC component I have ever bought!

5.0 out of 5 stars drivers, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
for all windows 8 users please look here for the right drives for this sound card windows 8.1 users driver updates will be out at the end of this month 12/2013

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy husband, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
Arrived before estimated delivery. My husband wanted to upgrade his sound card and saw this, he is very happy that he did as it has made such a difference in sound quality. He uses reason 5 and this has helped to improve his music sound quality. It was very easy and quick to install, he has never done this before and it was very straightforward. Does not come with instructions but was easy enough to find on the internet on how to install. The only thing he did complain about was it wasn't supplied with a screw to hold it in place. Not many people have a spare screw of the size needed lying around there homes. But he is a very happy man with this purchase, would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars satisfied, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
So far I am satisfied with the performance of this high-fidelity sound card. Quality sound seems to be crystal clear

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent product, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
easy to install...awesome utility works with no problems via my sys win 7 x64. I highly recommend this product... I have it set so I have my tv sound as well as a surround system for my audio.(ie separate sound to tv. I also split signal to a amp with no signal reduction..

5.0 out of 5 stars Sound Blastered, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
As my computer is my main listening device for music, a good sound card is essential and have always been very happy with Creative Sound Blaster cards - this is no exception. No trouble fitting, just make sure you go into the bios to turn off internal sound source and download the software from Creative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggering, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard (Accessory)
This is the best soundcard I've ever had and I've had everything from the first Sound Blaster 16, Audigy, X-Fi...

The bass through my Steel Series Alaska's is so heavy that they actually move around on my head. This is the first soundcard I've had where I need to turn down the bass.

Creative OEM PCI-E Sound Blaster Z Soundcard