Skullcandy Navigator On-Ear Headphones with Mic - Royal Blue/Black
Colour Name: Royal Blue/BlackChange
Price:£16.99+Free shipping

on 4 July 2013
I have used skullcandy in the past and have always been skeptical about another headphone that just looks good with no performance to show for the price. The navigator is a prime example of a pair of headphones that combines style, quality and size very well. It is small, light weight and the foam used on the ear cups are very nice.

If you find yourself travelling with it, you have a carry case and if you use it on the plane for example and fell asleep, it will not be poking you when you are trying to sleep. The sound quality if good as well and worked well with wide variety of genres, I tried it with RnB, Hip Hop, Pop, Classical, I don't listen to Rock music but I tried it out to make sure and it handles them well.

The lightweight is a bonus because you can wrap it around your neck and not feel a thing there. It also has inline control for changing tracks, volume and for phone calls too so for the price it is definitely a good purchase.
on 17 July 2013
First off, the packaging for the Navigators has been well designed in-line with the other Skullcandy ranges, which ultimately sets them up as well presented brand. For people that do not know Skullcandy, although I cannot imagine there are many, this will definitely help depict their ethos as a stylish, high quality brand.

Now, whilst the packaging is nice and clean, it doesn't have a plastic window so you cannot see the actual headphones. This would usually be a bit annoying, however; luckily the graphics and the image on the front directly replicate the product itself. The headphones are nicely folded away in the box and well protected in a plastic bag, and the cord is also wrapped up separately so there is no tangling. These headphones also come with a Skullcandy branded cloth bag to keep them protected when they are not being used. Most of the time I keep them round my neck because they look just that good, but for times when I have to take them off, this bag is a handy little bonus.

Now, the metal construction, which although does feel slightly flimsy, is actually pretty durable, and it is actually a great design feature as it works with them being adjustable and able to fold them away and fit them nicely in your bag. A Sturdy, rigid pair would just add extra bulk which is unnecessary, and not really what you want to be carrying around. Because these are small and lightweight, they also sit so comfortably on my ears, and the collapsible ear pads are nice and soft too, with the skullcandy motif. I was sceptical about on-ears leaking sound, but don't get me wrong the sound rocks too!

So, whilst these headphones look stylish, and have a stunning design, they are not just about fashion. Skullcandy is known for being fashionable, but these really are amazing quality despite what other people may say. The sound sits with one of the better quality pairs that I have used, and can I just say I have tried and tested many!

Once the 2.5mm part has been clicked into position, the sound quality was perfect, I was able to listen to a broad range of music genres on my iPod and even tried some heavy metal in there just to see how they held up. They did extremely well. So with distortion free bass response at high volume, they definitely do not hold back on style or sound.

The flat tangle resistant cable is detachable, which means that if you're not listening to music you can still wear them round your neck without any wires, they're just that trendy. Another handy feature that these have is an in-line mic which is ideal for taking or making phone calls. The mic picked up all sound when I was making a call and there was no need to lift it up to my mouth to speak, it also has volume control to adjust the sound and track control. A perfect handsfree headset, making it useful to use with my iPhone as well as listening to music.

The cost of this model, while not the cheapest and not a budget option, they will not break the bank either, and it is a great price to pay for style and sound. When looking for headphones, you look for the overall design as well as the sound quality, well all I can say is that Skullcandy have cracked it with these. In my opinion these are worth it. Skullcandy have created a winning product here and have navigated me to a rave review!
on 7 March 2015
Purchased these on offer and have to say I am delighted with them. The sound quality is excellent providing great bass. They sit really comfortably on the ear and even stay in place throughout a varied gym workout. I have the pink aviator style and love them as they are a bit different to the regular round type most are wearing...great to be a bit different and have noticed plenty admiring them! Quality is good, they adjust well and fold for ease of carrying in the bag which comes with them. They are so nice however, you won't put them in the bag as you'll wear them around your neck when not using. Delighted and highly recommend. Get them at a reduced price as I wouldn't pay full price for them but that's just because I love a bargain! ;-)
on 28 March 2014
Bought these for my husband as sometimes he needs to block out the noise around him to be able to concentrate on the job in hand. They are portable and fit into a bag very easily, only thing I would say is I'd have loved a hard case to protect them instead of the soft bag that comes with it. Loved the blue ear casing as you can see through this to see the inner workings which is an extra touch that doesn't come with some of the other colours.

Sound is fantastic quality for the price of the headphones and they fold quite small for an overhead set of on ear headphones. I would recommend to anyone.
VINE VOICEon 29 June 2013
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'll start of with the good, its designed very nicely and when curled in slightly does like like sunglasses, it also feels fairly sturdy, the side brackets are made of a strong metal and i can feel the quality even though they looked pretty flimsy in the picture.

than the comfortability, at first its really comfy the leather and memory foam feel great, after a while the headphones do squash into your head rather tight and applies pressure on the muscles that open my jaw ive tried noving them back without moving them off my ear too much but the issue is still their. a design flaw would also be that if you fold the headphones in the wrong way than the metal bracket can scratch the plastics outer sides of the other side, ive now got a little patch of scratches on the headphones thankfully its not too noticeable but please be aware of this, we all hate having something brand new and its got a scratch on it.

finally i also want to mention the cord given, it cant do much except pause the music on my android and i find it difficult to get it to pause i have to give a few tries of the double click to get it to pause, and the volume controller disappointingly the main feature wont work on my android.

when i first got the headphones i didnt realize u had to push the 2.5mm part until it clicks into position, i originally gave this 3 stars but after i realized that it needs to kind of click in, sound quality was much better.

really pricey, not bad but not great, does look good though.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Test equipment - iPhone 4S, standard iPod player.

Given that these are by Skullcandy the design is remarkably straightforward, restrained even. They were comfortable on my ears and cut out quite a lot of the ambient noise.

The bass was emphasised, but nicely controlled and quite articulate. However, treble was soft and the whole upper part of the sound seemed to lack definition and separation.

More problematic was the failure to handle dynamics, where things began to sound very mushy very quickly. They sounded a lot cheaper than they are, and at this price range (£50-£60)there are better buys out there.

Difficult to recommend over the competition.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 18 July 2015
Great headphones on a great offer.

I bought these for work to replace an old set. Initially drawn by the price I was then convinced by all the features advertised by the manufacturers.

Positives:
Great design, not talking about the general look (they really do look like sunglasses if you hold them right) but the way these things are put together they use some form of tardis technology as somehow they can comfortably size to fit my large noggin and my 2 years olds (normal size) head and all sizes inbetween.

The detachable cable is also very handy if you wish to switch out a longer/shorter cable or simply replace a broken one.

The ear cushions are comfortable and has minimal sound leakage (test iPhone at 60% from 6ft)

The sound reproduction tends to favour the bass but is still deep and rich sounding.

All in all I would happily recommend these headphones and highly recommend them to some on who is looking for headphones that resemble sunglasses.
on 22 April 2015
I was literally speechless when I tried this on for the first time. As a lover of bass headphones, I wasn't expecting much from these especially for the price I got them. But after about three hours of using these and trying some EQ modifications, I was so impressed.
I have some £350 headphone (you-know-who :) but the only difference between this set and those was just the slightly muddy bass (which isn't so bad) and the slightly unbalanced mids and highs (you can live with this).
Although obviously these headphones are targeted at the fashionistas, it begs the question of how durable the plastic ear cups would last if it takes a great fall.
All these faults and a five star rating you might ask, it's simply because they were a steal for the price I got them (less than £20!)
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Colour Name: BlackVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is my second pair of Skullcandys. My other pair are from the top of their range, and I was blown away by the quality and sound. These are clearly pitched at a lower end, and it tells. There's always a danger with a brand such as this that you're paying a premium for the name, so you don't get the quality of the product at the price tag. That feels like the case here. On a positive note, they look really good, in keeping with Skullcandys's image. But the fit and sound quality is distinctly mid-range. Having a top-end set to compare with, the difference is marked. I'm not saying they're bad, just not as good as I'd hope at this price. Perhaps paired with an iPad and used out and about, they'll be fine. But for serious listening at home,I'd want something a bit better.
on 5 April 2015
headphones arrived promptly and on time, very happy with the product. Headphones look very nice and the quality of sound is AMAZING it does a good job at blocking ot sound 10/10 would recommend