4.0 out of 5 stars The story also benefits from a calming down as to the number of new characters being introduced (I felt like I needed a scorecar, 28 Sep 2014
This review is from: Pocket Full of Posies (Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc. Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Pocket Full of Posies sees our heroine move on (and up) in the afterlife, gaining more unwelcome attention on the way. We find out more about what makes her special (even amongst Reapers) and her relationships develop... not always in expected directions. Angela Roquet clearly decided the time was right to introduce some more adult themes, and they sit well.

The story also benefits from a calming down as to the number of new characters being introduced (I felt like I needed a scorecard at times in the first book).

Great fun, interesting idea that continues to grow, I am enjoying seeing where Lana's (after)life takes us.

4.0 out of 5 stars but it fills out the story nicely and leads you into the third novel with vigour, 18 Aug 2014
And the conspiracy goes on. Lana comes of age in this one, even though she's already several hundred years old. This one's the story of growing up and realising your own potential. Still plenty of pitfalls and mistakes, but it fills out the story nicely and leads you into the third novel with vigour

5.0 out of 5 stars I am only 1/2 way through but love this just as much as the first book, 30 Jun 2014
I am only 1/2 way through but love this just as much as the first book. Funny and witty. I look forward to reading this every night. Would totally recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty Paranormal for the Discerning Reader, 25 Feb 2014
I loved the first book in the series, and I found Pocket Full of Posies equally entertaining. Lana's disastrous adventures kept me glued to the book and I had to read until the last page to know how it would end. Not the way I thought, at least regarding her love life which gets way more interesting in this second installation. I truly enjoyed Angela Roquet's smart humor, and can't wait to read For The Birds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lana goes upmarket, 31 Jan 2014
DjD (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
in this the second in the series Lana the reaper moves into Holly House. This is an upmarket condo owned by Holly Spirit, who is still upset about the misspelling of her name in the Bible... Wh would be named Holy...
Anyway, the rip roaring action continues throughout the story and if you have read the first book, reading this one is a no brainer. Go on treat yourself!

4.0 out of 5 stars still laughing over here, 2 Nov 2013
I'm still really loving this series. Watching poor Lana struggling to keep it all together is a lot of fun. I especially enjoyed her strong independent spirit and how she handled the whole Maalik situation--best passage of the book, right here:

"...I'm tired of constantly having to fight with you just to live my life the way I see fit."
"Then stop fighting me," he said, and like it was actually a legitimate solution.

Yep, that summed Maalik up pretty well--best intentions, worst execution. Loved it.

I do have to admit I found the book to be a bit repetitive. Not just because it recapped the events of book one, that's kind of to be expected. But because the reader is told the same general information more than once, things like Reapers lack of Deity rights, or Josie's strict rule-following nature. The information fit the flow of the passage each time, but it really didn't need to be repeated.

The book also felt like a middle book, fair enough, it is after all. But while I enjoyed almost every word of it, it felt a bit more like a set up for future books than a story on it's own. Here Lana struggles through her education so that she can join the Posy Unit, but it's joining the Unit and doing things in it that carries the heft, and that's held off for book three. It was still a lot of fun to follow her around and see her succeed though. So I'm hoping to get my greedy little paws on the next installment of Lana Harvey, Reapers Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as the first, 2 Oct 2014
I picked up graveyard shift on a whim and I devoured it, the sequel was no different, I love the mix of day to day routine and action, the world is so immersive and all the characters are so well written. Mrs. Roquet is swiftly becoming one of my favourite authors

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!, 29 Sep 2014
I had read the first book and immediately searched for another in the series and I'm pleased to say I wasn't disappointed. Wonderful book, brilliant writer, definitely look out for more of this series.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun read, 22 Sep 2014
Really interested to see what Lana gets up to next!
Couldn't put it down, great flow to the story ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 Nov 2014
One of a series that I will go on reading. An almost unique view of the management of afterlife.