VINE VOICEon 20 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Having previously tried Creative's Recon3D line and been singularly unimpressed it was with some trepidation that I decided to try their new Sound Blaster Z line... I needn't have worried, it's great!

Installation was a breeze, just slot the card into a spare PCI Express slot (x1, x4, x8 or x16), plug your PC case's Front Panel Header connector into the back of the card, plug in your speakers/headphones and your microphone such as the supplied stereo bar one. and switch the PC on. Finally insert the supplied disk and install the drivers/software and hey presto you're up and running. The card emits a red glow while powered up and looks the biz in a case with a mesh or transparent side panel.

Sound quality is a marked improvement over my motherboard sound ship (ASUS P6T Deluxe V2/SoundMAX) and over the older Recon3D models. Everything is richer, sharper and just more vibrant than before. Also louder! I was one of those who has suffered from very quiet sound ever since installing Windows 7 on it's release, this card and it's drivers have fixed that at last!

The Control Panel software is very easy to use and packed with tweakable features for those that like to fiddle with everything and get it sounding exactly how they want it. Everything from Bass to Surround, from Voice effects to equalizer, it's all there and easy to adjust. If you are a into customizing your soundscape then you can set up multiple Profiles that enable you to quickly and easily switch all the settings to suit your current needs. For those who don't want to fiddle then you'll be pleased to know it sounds great if just left on the default settings!

The Scout Mode, designed to help accentuate subtle sounds in games so you can here enemies sneaking up behind you, is slowly but surely improving and when it works it is a great little bonus in game unless you consider this cheating!

So far I've been very impressed with the Sound Blaster Z, especially bearing in mind it is the lowest model in the new line! I can only imagine how good the higher models are going to sound!

Recommended to all whether you listen to music, watch movies or game.
on 6 April 2016
review for Creative 70SB150000001 Sound Blaster Z PCI
Plenty of reviews on the net about this product. It works well, Cannot find my microphone though. So could not test it. Shame, but my geeky nerdy office is. shall we say. A little overcrowded.

Had a little problem fitting into my non standard crossfire watercooled setup. But that is my fault not the units, All sounds are good and very adjustable via the software. I have 3 pairs of headphones, all worked flawlessly with it. ( i only wear one at a time, not that geeky, yet!!) I previously had a Zonar, but i prefer this for value for money sound. buy it.
on 13 May 2015
This sound card is great for gaming. In Counter-Strike Global Offensive I can clearly hear where the other players are in relation to me and the sound is crisp and clear. This has given me an important tactical advantage over many other players and contributes towards me playing well. Music playback quality is good too but there are other cards which specialise in music playback that probably give better playback quality. So far I've had no issues with drivers on Windows 7. A good all-round soundcard and especially useful to those who play FPS games. The difference between this and onboard sound will be night and day.
on 27 October 2015
Didn't use much as was returned shortly after purchase. Was hoping this would solve some weird computer generated noise being sent to my speakers but was no better in this regard than the on-board sound. After much investigation the noise turned out to be due to a ground loop, which could not be fixed by changing the soundcard (even an external one produced this noise to some extent). A ground loop isolator finally fixed the issue.
Otherwise the soundcard was great with much less bloatware than previous creative cards and a step up in sound quality over the onboard sound (msi p67a-gd53).
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2016
My previous sound relied on Realtek alc892 on an Asus Z87-A motherboard. Was this card a big leap forward out of the box? Better but no. Was it after adjusting the equaliser and other settings? Yes, massively so, a lot more power, invigorated sounds and clarity. Music is improved but still not the greatest, but this is a gamer sound card and it revolutionises sounds in your games. Using Logitech Z623 2.1 speakers and Logitech G430 headset (the latter has a great mic but the headphones themselves are just ok, acceptable).

Installation of hardware and software was easy and accepted.
on 30 May 2014
Had a creative gamer card in my pc for ages, so I thought it was time for a change.

Am I glad I did. This card is awesome.

The sound is crystal clear and, having the mic resting on top of the monitor saves on cable clutter.

Some people have complained about the red light on the card being an annoyance. I don't see the problem as the light faces down anyway.

Only slight problem I had is, I had to move my GTX770 to another slot as the GPU covered the PCIe slot that the sound card needed. But apart from that I can highly recommend this sound card.
on 17 December 2012
Service from the supplier was first class. This also seems to be the case with the product, though the mic. has not yet been tested. On screen display of speaker/headphones is a master stroke as is the 5:1 or 7:1 (latter not tested) test and set up. I use a Logitech 5:1 surround sound system for normal use and Sennheiser headphones for night use. In gaming these work really well, as claimed by the manufacture Creative. My only problems were with installation ( my double graphics cards covered SPli slot I wanted to use) also had problems connecting to my surround sound system
on 9 November 2015
I like:
- Being able to plug in the front panel connectors is nice
- The microphone is surprisingly good for a freebie
- Looks very attractive
- Lots of options for outputs
- Drivers aren't too invasive
- Driver control panel is very detailed

I don't like:
- Difference in audio quality wasn't as stark as I might have hoped but I mainly bought this to reassure myself I was getting the most out of my fancy new speaker system which cost significantly more than this. With this, you know you're getting the most out of your speakers.
on 7 January 2015
I wanted to upgrade from my Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer for a while now and after upgrading, I was surprised how clean the sound is compared to my previous soundcard.

I mainly use the soundcard for gaming and music (via speakers and headphones) and would recommend this card as a decent card. As a plus, it also comes with a decent mic which is also what I was looking for as I have non-gaming headphones.

There were a few snags here and there with setting up the mic and the various settings but after that's sorted, it's good to go
on 24 April 2013
For the last 5-6years I have gone from a Xonar D2X to an STX after my Creative XFi Titanium Fatality Pro died. Both the Xonar D2X and STX are GREAT cards, but they are severely hampered by Asus's driver support is just so bad its virtually non existent. There are so many awesome people out there making 3rd party modded drivers for Xonar cards because Asus wont spend time to tweak, optimise and bug fix their drivers.

I finally decided that I had had enough of my games crashing and decided to move back to creative and I dont regret it a single bit.

my games sound better, less crashing to desktop while in game, dont suffer from random anomalies like being able to hear enemies through 5 walls and sounds dont clip when it comes to older titles like L4D, TF2, Killingfloor and guildwars.

No amount of complaining on the Asus forums will get you the kind of response you are looking for as it us a 'user-to-user' based forum. There are a few Asus reps there but not enough that really care about your problems.

I would give this soundcard 10stars if i could!