Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 11 November 2012
This is a compilation DVD and a CD. If you are a fan you may already have seen the contents. My wife and I watched it as soon as we received if and spent a very pleasant 90 minutes. I had seen some of the items before but not all. You always get some repeats in his DVDs and I'm not complaining as I could listen to this orchestra until the cows come home. The CD allows me to listen while I am in the car. What more could you ask for under a tenner.
on 5 November 2012
This is a fine collection of film music, nearly all from previous CDs and DVDs, so it is a good buy if you only have a small amount of Andre Rieu's work. The CD and DVD are each about 70 minutes long. The 2 adagios on the CD are from Beethoven's 5th piano concerto(track13) and Khachaturian's Spartacus(15). Most of the CD is beautiful and gentle music until the more lively Bolero and the last 2 tracks. One minus is the total lack of track information when played or downloaded to itunes. The DVD is a compilation from the following DVDs: Romance(track1), Romantic Paradise(2,3,4,5), Schonbrunn(6), Maastricht3(7,8), Maastricht5(9,14), Wonderland(10,11,12,13), Maastricht2(15). The last track, Zorba's Dance, is from this year's Maastricht concert. They are mostly excellent samples from his concerts apart from one or two rather kitsch videos, but the DVD jumps from one concert to another without any indication of the time or place. The playing and singing is superb throughout. This would not be a good purchase if you already have a large collection. On the other hand, it gives a very good taste of some of his best DVDs.
66 comments|143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2012
Just another great value purchase from Amazon. Another great DVD/CA from Andre. I can make comparisons because I have all his albums and this rates amongst the best.
on 21 November 2012
Andre Rieu and his Orchestra never fail to delight. Being a film fan, I enjoyed every minute of this cd and have listened to it at least a dozen times already. Delivery and quality of cd perfect as always.
on 21 March 2013
The sound and vision recordings of some of Andre Rieu venues and music leaves much to be desired when compared to the presentations on television.
No recommendations to purchase this DVD. save your cash.
PJW.
VINE VOICEon 8 November 2012
Everything Andre Rieu produces is always first class, but this new CD and DVD combined is one of his best. The film score arrangements are excellent and in some cases surpass the original. I can this new addition to the Andre Rieu catalogue will turn out to be in the top three and will appeal to all ages.
on 4 December 2012
The product has everything. Top quality music, ice skating, ballet, with the emotions of the ordinary folk crowded streets in full display on ther DVD. I have looked at the DVD every day since purchase and Andre Rieu is a brilliant musician with the ability to get the best out of his orchestra and the guests on his show
on 10 December 2012
Andre Rieu cd, 'Magic of the Movies' was tamer than I expected. he usually has a lot of energy in his music but this cd was quite slow and more for quiet listening. I still enjoyed but it wasn't what I expected.
on 25 December 2012
Having listened to this CD today, I was overcome with some of the old tunes which were, as usual, played to perfection. I recently attended his concert at Manchester Arena and, despite being seated near the crow's nest and hardly able to see Andre and the performers properly, the standard of te performance was outstanding. Getting back to this CD, the amount of fans awarding over 133 five star reviews speaks for itself. My favourites were The theme from Titanic, Dances with Wolves, and Once upon a time in the West to mention but three. Haven't watched the DVD yet but several times I have seen Andre's show listed on TV but had no intention of watching it until I heard the music start. I was then enthralled once again and sat through the whole programme without so much as a cup of tea!. I am no spring chicken but this man and his orchestra constantly bring a tear to the eye and a lump in the throat. Sleep Little Jesus and the one (forgive me!, with Carmen singing bambino) renders me speechless for some time afterwards. I'm hoping to persuade my good lady to accompany me to Maastricht in the not too distant future to see them live once again.
on 19 December 2012
Andre Rieu is the most wonderful entertainer in the world . His music is such a pleasure to listen to and the JSO are also a joy to see and hear .