on 28 September 2014
For the price I would of expected better. I've had it about four months and gone back to wet shave. It's OK. It's just not as close as I would like, I've had cheaper electric razors that get a closer shave. It also creates a few of those "thick" strands of beard that sit just under the skin and you need to pluck out! You don't get these with a wet shave. I'd probably say this is a good razor for a those days when youre in a rush.

Edit. I still use this razor.. but as expected its only when I am in a rush. I still where possible, prefer a wet shave. I can however manage to get a closer shave with this razor than when I first used it... perhaps its down to pushing down more firmly and using a back and forth motion.
on 4 July 2014
This is the first electric shaver I have bought for many years,once again I based my purchase on the many helpful reviews other purchasers have kindly offered and have found their confidence completely accurate.The shaver is both a fine piece of engineering and a rather shapely piece of ergonomic craftsmanship and it has given me the same smoothness i expect from a wet shave,to say I am delighted is putting it mildly.Its worth every penny and i have every confidence that it will do its job properly for several years.You get what you pay for and this Braun is good value even if the foil cartridges and cleaning fluids are a bit pricey,still i suppose an 18 month life isn't bad for a high quality item and the cleaning fluids do have lubricating qualities to keep the shaver in fine fettle.
on 10 December 2015
I have been using Braun Series 7 shaver for almost 4 years and in my experience it deserves 5 Stars on all counts. Primarily for it offers the best shave....an electric shaver can offer; 10,000 micro vibrations per minute

It has a solid body (non slippery) with a flexible head (with flex foil) adapting to the facial contours (best feature)....
Nice battery life (Li-Ion), fast recharge
Decent cover (for travel): Comes with pouch
Precise LCD display
Outstanding cleaning by Clean and Recharge at a touch of a button, while it automatically cleans and lubricates the shaver
Three personalisation modes
100% waterproof and fully washable
This is German Design and Engineering at its Best
I am so impressed ....I end up buying one every year as a gift to my dear ones every Christmas:)
on 28 December 2013
Its a good bit of kit, conveniently quick and easy to use. I have been wet shaving every day for the past 30 odd years and I'm afraid to say that Braun really doesn't cut the mustard as far as leaving a really close shaved feel.
For that important business meeting or special occasion I shall still be using my old Mac 3.
on 20 September 2013
For years I have been a devotee to the wet shave because it was the only way to ensure a really clean shave. I have tried electric shavers before but have been disappointed by the results. Motivated by a 'less fuss' solution I decided to give electric another go. I reviewed all of the shavers on Amazon, watched the videos and read the reviews.
The Braun had great reviews and seemed capable of handling tough hairs. It was expensive - but I guessed based on the reviews you were paying for quality.
The results were disappointing.
The shave was OK but was never truly clean and actually took much longer than a wet shave.
The cleaning unit with its 'solution' is noisy and takes up a lot of space.
I have persevered but have finally given up and returned to wet shaves.
I wish I could return the product but I have used it now so that was a waste of money.
on 16 October 2013
I bought this Braun shaver because of the excellent reviews. In truth I am quite disappointed at the closeness of the shave. I shave every day so there is no build up of long stubble, but even doing this I find it very difficult to get a completely clean shave. There are parts of my face and neck that I keep having to go over time and time again in order to remove the whiskers. This is by far the most expensive shaver I have ever bought and the first time I have owned a foil system. I would have to say that my previous Philips rotary provided me with a cleaner shave at half the price.
on 31 October 2014
I owned the Braun 5 series, reliable for years it was. This model is more technologically advanced. It gives a close shave without the drag / shaver burn you can get with lower priced machines. The battery once charged seems to last ages. It fits snug into your hand without being bulky or heavy.
on 4 December 2013
I needed high quality shaver as I have issues with my sensitive skin. When I shave in the traditional way I need to be extra careful, disinfect the blade with alcohol before and after use, be extra careful not to cut any spot, as when I do I get more of them and much irritation and pain. That takes time and bores so I needed and searched for a solution. On several occasions I read that for people, with such conditions like me, dry shave is recommended. I felt that this would help and I also felt that the shaver would matter and do the difference.

I was considering other brands, both rotary and foil. I even tried Philips rotary shaver that did excellent smooth shave but irritated my skin enormously. So I wanted to avoid shaver that needs to be used in a circular motion. That is the reason I went for the foil shaver.

After much research and reading many reviews I ordered the Braun Series 7 745 shaver.

I was considering 790 a bit more expensive and the 5070cc, a bit less expensive. All of the latter models having the clean and renew station. The cleaning station is what I wanted for sure as I wanted to reach maximum hygiene to avoid the irritation and the spots on my chin. I decided to go for series 7 with the best technology and chose 745 over 790 as the latter was more expensive and had only minor extras that I knew were not important for me. This extras 790 has were additional cleaning state indication on the shaver itself and fast clean button on the cleaning station. For the first, with 745 one can still see the state when one put the shaver in the station as it scans it and displays the result, or one can even take the head off and see by himslef. For the second, I believe on would rarely or never need two consecutive shaves per day and If he do he can clean the head manually.

So I ordered and anticipated it with high expectation based on the high ratings and the positive reviews.

First impressions are of a highest quality, high tech product. Meticulously packed with protective hygiene packaging.

The assembly of the station is intuitive and there is also a book translated in many languages available. The steps are illustrated with pictures as well. It takes seconds to open the cartridge load and the station is ready to sanitize the shaver. If after shaving the head is cleaned a bit manually, with brush or under running water, the cleaning station cycle finishes faster. That saves time and probably cleaning fluid. Overall the station is a luxury that is worth the little extra money. It saves time and guarantees high hygiene that, in many cases, is of highest importance.

I have a medium beard. It was four days beard when I tested the Braun 745 for the first time.

I started shaving, like Braun recommends, before cleaning my face.

It took several minutes, easy and nice. The shaver cut the beard very easy, no challenge for it at all.
It shaves like advertised and like described in the reviews, gently massaging your skin and finishes with great results.

The greatest news for me is that my chin and face is no longer irritated after shaving.

As long as I have such shavers no reason for me to wet shave again.

I recommend it to anyone with similar conditions that I described.

Edit: After consecutive shavings I am still delighted in this, new for me, excellent way to shave.
on 13 May 2015
Love it - this is the first and only electric shaver that I have ever been able to use regularly. A very smooth and close shave with comparatively little irritation. The cleaning block is big and noisy plus the cartridges are expensive, but it does a good job.

Highly recommended - it would make a great present for a husband or father; it feels nice to have treated myself to something like this that I wouldn't normally have been able to justify the expense. Thank you Amazon lightning deasl!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 13 June 2013
Nothing beats a wet shave, but in decades of periodic experimenting, I've never mastered being able to avoid terrible razor rash under my chin, so I am firmly rooted in the electric camp. Apart from a couple of Remingtons (including my very first razor, a huge heavy monolithic thing) and a Phillishave (the round heads gave me the worst razor rash I've ever had, dreadful shaver, it half-cut and half-plucked the hairs), I've always plumped for Braun. My previous razor was a series 5 which I have had for many years, but as the trimmer kept falling off, the battery was starting to lose its capacity, and the blade and foil were due for replacement, I decided to replace it.

This Amazon-unique model from the 7 series is certainly not cheap, but it also seems very good value compared to the other 7 series models. It has everything I want and more besides. The cleaning station is ok (my previous shaver had one so I am not new to them). Some people complain that the new models don't have a drying fan like the old ones did. Well I don't think my old one had a fan either - I certainly always had to dry mine with a tissue and leave it open overnight, even after several hours. But that's not a problem. I only used the cleaner 2 or 3 times a month, so the cartridges last me absolutely ages.

But the whole point of the thing is to shave with it, and after a couple of uses, all I can say is this is the closest shave I've had yet from an electric razor. It is definitely an improvement over my excellent old series 5, and anything else before it. Very pleased with it.