VINE VOICEon 2 December 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I do prefer a rechargeable electric toothbrush to any other. A manual toothbrush just doesn't clean as well, and a non-rechargeable electric toothbrush eats up the batteries. This one eats up the electricity too, it takes maybe 18 hours to charge fully each time, but I suppose they all do.

The dentists also recommend using a rechargeable toothbrush, and supposedly Oral-B is the power toothbrush most recommended by them (although they have a vested interest so make of that what you will).

This brush has some special features like a timer, at 2-minutes a time, twice a day this means the charge dies after only around 40mins of use. Surely it should last longer than that? And what is all that charging doing to my electricity bill?

Also, to add a little further to my annoyance, the charger comes with a 2-prong plug rather than a 3-prong plug giving me just that little bit more inconvenience when I need to charge it because I need to use an adapter.

On the plus side I am now cleaning my teeth for 2 minutes at a time (as recommended by dentists again) thanks to the timer instead of the rush-job I used to do, and my teeth do fill cleaner, plus the brush heads are easy enough to get replacements for.

If you really want to know the effectiveness of this toothbrush then if we meet in the flesh I'd happily flash a toothy grin your way :D
on 25 June 2013
Having had a oral b professional care for nearly fifteen years, I decided it was time for a upgrade to a new one. Don't get me wrong my old brush done a good job but the head stalk decided to go a little rusty and the base well being rubber decided to start growing mould. Fifteen years and used four times a day I think it did really well. Now down to the new one.... Well ltd edition colour, Tri zone head, Carry case and one head.... It did feel different, very different, nice cleaner feeling teeth and 20.000 pulsations per minute makes it very quick, so quick you don't want to put toothpaste on then switch it on without it being in your mouth. I decorated the bathroom I don't mean the mirror I mean the bathroom. This has some poke and used with good toothpaste makes a great difference to your teeth, (and the bathroom) I would recommend this to anyone who either wants a change and a good clean or to just to spray toothpaste everywhere.
VINE VOICEon 26 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I do not usually use such a powerful brush. My usual brush is the disposable, electric type that you can buy everywhere.
This is different. It is much more powerful and takes a bit of practice to get used to. It requires a bit of coordination.
You MUST turn it on AFTER it is in your mouth and keep your mouth quite well closed or it splashes everywhere. It is hard to turn it off before removing from the mouth and if you open a bit you have to clean the bathroom.
Mine does not seem to shut off or give any signal at 30 seconds.

All that being said I am practicing and like the action of the very different rows of bristles in the brush which comfortably move all around the teeth to clean them well.
This brush appears to clean the teeth very , very well. They feel great after and great all day. I have recently been to the hygenist so they are pretty clean and feel like they are going to stay that way much longer than with my usual method of cleaning.
All in all I think it is great. I will soon be practiced in using it and will soon be hooked and never change to another sort again.
I think that the innovative brush is the probably the thing which make all the difference as the bristles really do clean into places which are normally unreachable.

Dentists , beware. It could save on our dental bills and keep our teeth in better condition.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Although I've tried a couple of sonic toothbrushes they just don't agree with me (the demented wasp buzzing drives me crazy) and I keep switching back to the mechanical oscillating versions like this one - they also seem to do a better job for me. This model has basically the same handset as my previous model, the Braun Oral-B Pro Care 2000 Toothbrush, with good speed and a solid build. There's supposed to be a pressure sensor that stops the brush if you press too hard but there isn't or it doesn't work in mine - this feature stopped working in my previous brush too although I never missed it. My only real complaint is the amount of time it takes to recharge the battery, a full charge from zero takes longer than overnight, therefore it's probably best stored on the charging stand all the time so that's it's always ready to use at full speed.

When I first saw the TriZone brushes I thought they looked a bit of a gimmick but I was wrong, it turns out they're excellent and I don't think any toothbrush ever got my teeth feeling cleaner than this does. They have a less forceful or invasive action than standard oscillating brush-heads and feel a lot more like a manual toothbrush - in fact Oral-B recommend you move them around much like you'd use a manual brush. This comfortable action means you're probably more likely to use them for the full recommended two minutes and it should also mean they'd be ideal for anyone trying their first electric toothbrush. Note that the TriZone brush-heads should work with existing Oral-B toothbrushes too (except the Sonic ones) so you don't have to buy a compete new unit. Beware, a working Trizone brush held under running water or covered in toothpaste sprays surprisingly powerful jets out of both sides - it's impressive to watch but quite annoying to clean up after!

The included case is also really welcome, even if you're not planning a trip it's still an hygienic way to store your brush together with two of its brush-heads - note that the case can also hold the round Braun Oral-B Precision Clean Toothbrush Heads. There's nothing gimmicky about the Oral-B 600, it's just a quality tried-and-tested toothbrush with an excellent new TriZone brush-head - shame you only get one head though!
on 18 December 2012
OK. Here's a review you won't find easily unless you work hard. The most ANNOYING thing about ALL electric toothbrushes (and I mean all) is that the batteries do not last beyond two years (often less) and even then they lose power and capacity. Moreover, they are invariably sealed and you'd have to search the internet on how to replace them (yes it can be done cheaply IF you know how) and be a bit of a tecchie to actually do the job. So ALL these electric toothbrushes should say LOUDLY and CLEARLY that they last, at best, for two years and you are EFFECTIVELY buying a disposable product. Of course just like ALL disposable products some last longer (I had a NiCd powered Sonicare for 4 years) depending on use. Moreover ALL these Oral-B toothbrushes are basically and FUNCTIONALLY the same. Even if you had less "buzz per second" (such as that on some older models) then by using the toothbrush for a few seconds longer you'd get the same overall "buzz". So waste not your cash on that count. They vibrate in exactly the same way with all the rest being bells and whistles that make you part with your hard earned cash. An LED here or a wireless timer there won't reduce plaque! The heads are obviously different and that's another gimmick that manufacturers try and make you pay. Last year's "rotation" suddenly becomes less "clean" whilst a name like "Trizone" will now obliterate those nasty bacteria out of your house and home! The moral of the story is "Buy the cheapest model if you want more for less". This model at sub-twenty pounds price is the best choice whilst other more expensive models do exactly the same at a higher cost and no extra benefits.
on 4 May 2013
Bought this as my travelling brush,leaving my Triumph 5000 at home.
It is very good value at £22,I then checked Tesco and they wanted £50 for it.
The limited edition colour looks brilliant and cleans just as well as my 5000 but doesn't have any of me fancy modes,it just cleans and that's all I want.
Would recommend.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Oral-B Trizone 600 toothbrush is my first foray into the surprisingly crowded world of electric brushes. My dentist recommended a more expensive model - around £75 - but added that any electric brush would be a good start. I was assured that regular use would reduce the frequency and severity of my trips to the hygienist.

The Trizone 600 brush comes in smart packaging, with a carrying case and one replaceable brush head to get you started. The initial battery charge took around 18 hours, and required an adaptor, as the supplied charger is only compatible with the increasingly rare 'shaver' electric points rather than a standard UK socket.

If you haven't used an electric brush before, you'll be surprised at how powerful this brush is, and I found myself re-learning how to brush my teeth, to accommodate the lighter action required by an electric brush, and to extend brushing to the full two minutes recommended by dentists. The Trizone 600 helpfully pauses every 30 seconds, to let you know they it is time to move on to another quarter of your mouth.

Overall I am very pleased with this brush. I have used it for three weeks so far, and the brush head is still in tip-top condition. My only caution concerns the charging of the battery. While there is a warning light to tell you that you're on the last few minutes of battery life, a full charge requires 16-18 hours, which requires a bit of planning, and reversion to your manual toothbrush from time to time.
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is another of Braun's no thrills version of their Oral B electric toothbrush range... but don't let that put you off, as the two most important things when looking to buy an electric toothbrush are power and battery life, and like Oral B's other no thrills electric toothbrushes, the TriZone 600 excels at both.

First off the only negative about this brush (for me at least): the toothbrush head that it comes with - the Triplezone brush that gives the product it's name - is larger than Oral B's other brush heads. If like me you've had a tooth extracted (a molar in my case) you'll probably find that this larger toothbrush head is in fact TOO large to fit into the gap. Which means that you won't be able to clean in there properly, which is obviously not good news. What is good news however is that all of Oral B's other, smaller toothbrush heads will also fit onto this brush. So if you don't like this particular brush head you can easily replace it with a smaller one.

As to the main body of the toothbrush itself, the motor feels good and strong and easily up to the task of giving your teeth a very good clean, and the battery easily provides the motor with more than enough power to keep going for quite some time. Build quality is good and certainly doesn't feel cut price, although instead of beeping at you whenever the recommended two minute brushing cycle has finished, the TriZone 600's motor stutters for a second instead just to let you know, which does feel a bit, well, cheap.

That said, at a RRP of £49.99 it's not THAT much cheaper than some of Braun's all singing all dancing brushes, which wouldn't make it feel so much of a bargain... BUT for less than £30 online it's much more attractive proposition. Yes, it only has one cleaning action, whereas Braun's more expensive versions give you a choice of two or three, but chances are - unless your teeth require gentle treatment - you wouldn't use them anyway. For less than £30 this isn't bad at all.
on 24 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Very impressed with the performance of this brush. The timing works well, and there is a discernable change in sound as the brush is used, reminding you to change which "zone" in the mouth to brush as you use it. Battery life is good - after a week of using 3 times a day for two minutes, the brush still feels fully charged. The head provided is good, and there is a list of a range of heads that can be used.

Brush has a standard UK "shaver socket" plug on the end, so cannot be plugged directly into a 3 pin socket, but adaptors are available (not provided).

Instructions are basic, but enough.

Most impressive feature is the clean provided by the brush action - I am very impressed indeed.

Package comes with a case for the toothbrush with head. No other charging is available - which is a shame as I quite like the universality of USB chagring (so things can be charged on the dashboard when travelling), but this is a minor gripe.

Impressive cleaning. Great battery life.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Braun produce a wide range of rechargeable Oral-B electric toothbrushes and recently I went upmarket and started using one of the 5000 types as a highly sophisticated item with "wireless smart guide". It is superb - but for a quarter of the price so is this `Oral-B 600' - and it appears to clean teeth in the same way. Braun publicity claims it removes up to 100% more plaque but this relates to manual brushing and I cannot see the difference between electric toothbrushes.

Other publicity blub appears valid for operation in terms of number of pulsations, sweeps etc., and for features as timer, pressure sensor etc. and the toothbrush comes complete with charger and travel case. It is also worth noting the `Oral-B 600' is fully compatible with various alternative brush heads supplied by Braun. I can't understand what is that attractive about the `Oral-B 600' being a "Christmas Special Green Edition" but I do understand value for money. I want nothing more - the `Oral-B 600' is a 5-star buy.