5.0 out of 5 stars In the TriZone...
Published 21 months ago by techpuppy

3.0 out of 5 stars Find one that has lasted for longer than two years!
Published 20 months ago by Gerdsooz

5.0 out of 5 stars In the TriZone..., 1 Dec 2012
techpuppy "aka stylepuppy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Oral-B Trizone 600 Green Special Edition Rechargeable Toothbrush (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I've tried a couple of sonic toothbrushes they just don't agree with me (the demented wasp buzzing drives me crazy) and I keep switching back to the mechanical oscillating versions like this one - they also seem to do a better job for me. This model has basically the same handset as my previous model, the Braun Oral-B Pro Care 2000 Toothbrush, with good speed and a solid build. There's supposed to be a pressure sensor that stops the brush if you press too hard but there isn't or it doesn't work in mine - this feature stopped working in my previous brush too although I never missed it. My only real complaint is the amount of time it takes to recharge the battery, a full charge from zero takes longer than overnight, therefore it's probably best stored on the charging stand all the time so that's it's always ready to use at full speed.

When I first saw the TriZone brushes I thought they looked a bit of a gimmick but I was wrong, it turns out they're excellent and I don't think any toothbrush ever got my teeth feeling cleaner than this does. They have a less forceful or invasive action than standard oscillating brush-heads and feel a lot more like a manual toothbrush - in fact Oral-B recommend you move them around much like you'd use a manual brush. This comfortable action means you're probably more likely to use them for the full recommended two minutes and it should also mean they'd be ideal for anyone trying their first electric toothbrush. Note that the TriZone brush-heads should work with existing Oral-B toothbrushes too (except the Sonic ones) so you don't have to buy a compete new unit. Beware, a working Trizone brush held under running water or covered in toothpaste sprays surprisingly powerful jets out of both sides - it's impressive to watch but quite annoying to clean up after!

The included case is also really welcome, even if you're not planning a trip it's still an hygienic way to store your brush together with two of its brush-heads - note that the case can also hold the round Braun Oral-B Precision Clean Toothbrush Heads. There's nothing gimmicky about the Oral-B 600, it's just a quality tried-and-tested toothbrush with an excellent new TriZone brush-head - shame you only get one head though!

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a blue toothbrush, 2 Dec 2012
Tim Roast (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I do prefer a rechargeable electric toothbrush to any other. A manual toothbrush just doesn't clean as well, and a non-rechargeable electric toothbrush eats up the batteries. This one eats up the electricity too, it takes maybe 18 hours to charge fully each time, but I suppose they all do.

The dentists also recommend using a rechargeable toothbrush, and supposedly Oral-B is the power toothbrush most recommended by them (although they have a vested interest so make of that what you will).

This brush has some special features like a timer, at 2-minutes a time, twice a day this means the charge dies after only around 40mins of use. Surely it should last longer than that? And what is all that charging doing to my electricity bill?

Also, to add a little further to my annoyance, the charger comes with a 2-prong plug rather than a 3-prong plug giving me just that little bit more inconvenience when I need to charge it because I need to use an adapter.

On the plus side I am now cleaning my teeth for 2 minutes at a time (as recommended by dentists again) thanks to the timer instead of the rush-job I used to do, and my teeth do fill cleaner, plus the brush heads are easy enough to get replacements for.

If you really want to know the effectiveness of this toothbrush then if we meet in the flesh I'd happily flash a toothy grin your way :D

4.0 out of 5 stars Really clean teeth. Great brush., 26 Nov 2012
P Knitty "P Knitty" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I do not usually use such a powerful brush. My usual brush is the disposable, electric type that you can buy everywhere.
This is different. It is much more powerful and takes a bit of practice to get used to. It requires a bit of coordination.
You MUST turn it on AFTER it is in your mouth and keep your mouth quite well closed or it splashes everywhere. It is hard to turn it off before removing from the mouth and if you open a bit you have to clean the bathroom.
Mine does not seem to shut off or give any signal at 30 seconds.

All that being said I am practicing and like the action of the very different rows of bristles in the brush which comfortably move all around the teeth to clean them well.
This brush appears to clean the teeth very , very well. They feel great after and great all day. I have recently been to the hygenist so they are pretty clean and feel like they are going to stay that way much longer than with my usual method of cleaning.
All in all I think it is great. I will soon be practiced in using it and will soon be hooked and never change to another sort again.
I think that the innovative brush is the probably the thing which make all the difference as the bristles really do clean into places which are normally unreachable.

Dentists , beware. It could save on our dental bills and keep our teeth in better condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars get one !, 25 Jun 2013
just james. (Buckingham England) - See all my reviews
Having had a oral b professional care for nearly fifteen years, I decided it was time for a upgrade to a new one. Don't get me wrong my old brush done a good job but the head stalk decided to go a little rusty and the base well being rubber decided to start growing mould. Fifteen years and used four times a day I think it did really well. Now down to the new one.... Well ltd edition colour, Tri zone head, Carry case and one head.... It did feel different, very different, nice cleaner feeling teeth and 20.000 pulsations per minute makes it very quick, so quick you don't want to put toothpaste on then switch it on without it being in your mouth. I decorated the bathroom I don't mean the mirror I mean the bathroom. This has some poke and used with good toothpaste makes a great difference to your teeth, (and the bathroom) I would recommend this to anyone who either wants a change and a good clean or to just to spray toothpaste everywhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Find one that has lasted for longer than two years!, 18 Dec 2012
Gerdsooz (Winchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
OK. Here's a review you won't find easily unless you work hard. The most ANNOYING thing about ALL electric toothbrushes (and I mean all) is that the batteries do not last beyond two years (often less) and even then they lose power and capacity. Moreover, they are invariably sealed and you'd have to search the internet on how to replace them (yes it can be done cheaply IF you know how) and be a bit of a tecchie to actually do the job. So ALL these electric toothbrushes should say LOUDLY and CLEARLY that they last, at best, for two years and you are EFFECTIVELY buying a disposable product. Of course just like ALL disposable products some last longer (I had a NiCd powered Sonicare for 4 years) depending on use. Moreover ALL these Oral-B toothbrushes are basically and FUNCTIONALLY the same. Even if you had less "buzz per second" (such as that on some older models) then by using the toothbrush for a few seconds longer you'd get the same overall "buzz". So waste not your cash on that count. They vibrate in exactly the same way with all the rest being bells and whistles that make you part with your hard earned cash. An LED here or a wireless timer there won't reduce plaque! The heads are obviously different and that's another gimmick that manufacturers try and make you pay. Last year's "rotation" suddenly becomes less "clean" whilst a name like "Trizone" will now obliterate those nasty bacteria out of your house and home! The moral of the story is "Buy the cheapest model if you want more for less". This model at sub-twenty pounds price is the best choice whilst other more expensive models do exactly the same at a higher cost and no extra benefits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a spare, 4 May 2013
Bought this as my travelling brush,leaving my Triumph 5000 at home.
It is very good value at 22,I then checked Tesco and they wanted 50 for it.
The limited edition colour looks brilliant and cleans just as well as my 5000 but doesn't have any of me fancy modes,it just cleans and that's all I want.
Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 July 2013
Great price great toothbrush. Travel case is really useful! Did not realise it was included. Teeth feel amazing. Try this

5.0 out of 5 stars Oral-B Trizone 600, 19 Jun 2013
Mr. James Davies "beerkeg" (tonypandy) - See all my reviews
this is an excellent product it cleans the teeth really good and my mouth feels a lot fresher now I would recommend to anybody

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 14 Jun 2013
I didn't realise just how much I was in need of a new toothbrush until I decided to replace the electric brush that I had for years. I very soon saw the difference in my teeth. Excellent product!

4.0 out of 5 stars feeling fresh, 2 Jun 2013
This brush cleans using small amounts of tooth paste. My mouth feels very fresh after use. It recharges very well.