VINE VOICEon 3 December 2012
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Sturdy and light with a rubberized cover, it's like having a Batman cloak for your Kindle Fire HD. Easy to fit and unlike many a mobile case the plastic clip is is very solid and secure. It's tricky to get the Kindle Fire out again, but that's no bad thing. It has already saved my tablet from my daughter spilling some milk on it, and it wipes clean. All sockets are easily accessed through the case and the stand helps to keep the device the right way up and make it clearer where the on/off and volume buttons are. When stood the case even enhances the sound. The folding cover keeps the screen nice and scratch free. I haven't dropped it yet, but it looks like it would just bounce a little and keep your tablet intact.
VINE VOICEon 23 November 2012
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I already had a cheap eBay case for my Fure HD, but this just looked so sleek... I have to say, I'm very pleased with it. It is very lightweight for a start, a good thing as the Kindle is not all that light itself! The outer case feels similar to a hard shell suitcase, I think it's the same sort of material. Not as nice looking as leather, but it doesn't look cheap either. The inside is lovely and soft, and I feel very safe having this touching my Kindle screen. Like all cases I have seen, the case is kept closed with an elasticated strap, but this particular one sits further back than others I have seen and seems much more likely to keep the case in place. It's so easy to snap the Kindle in place, less easy to get out again as I found when I put it in upside down! However, my husband popped it out with no problem so I think this might be a problem specific to me... To me, having the Kindle sat on the left with the cover on the right is back to front, but when I read, I fold the sleeve behind the Kindle and hold it in place with the strap, and this is very comfortable and easy to hold. When watching films, it's really easy to use the foldable cover as a stand and it feels sturdy. All in, I'm very impressed with this case.
on 29 January 2013
The Malware cover is quite pricey so I had high expectations. The good points: It feels durable, protects all corners, and has access to all of the relevant buttons, the latter being a real bonus as many covers don't have that. It's nice and slim so keeps the Kindle neat. It also has an elastic band on the back to hold the cover open or closed but I have never felt a need to use it because it stays closed fine without it.

The not so good points in my view: I ordered purple and was disappointed that only the back is purple, the front is black. Not a big thing but I couldn't see this from the picture so this is so people are aware. I feel the stand-up mode makes the Kindle stand too high so the angle is wrong. You can only stand it one way and that's landscape - at the wrong angle (for me).

General: If you put it on, make sure it's the right way around, once on, it's a devil to get off again!
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Anyone with a Kindle Fire HD will need a case but as with Apple products, the cost is in the accessories and this isn't any different. Yep, I think £30 is a bit pricey that's around 20% of the cost of the Kindle. However, the quality of the case is impressive and sometimes feels like it was part of a futuristic movie prop. All the holes line up perfectly and it's a snug fit without feeling you will scratch your prize possession should you want to remove it from it's case.

The bonus of course is it doubles as a stand and seeing as the Kindle was devised primarily as an ereader, it's good to prop it up on your stomach when reading in bed.

So, in short, quality is spot on but £30? I don't think it's worth that much, hopefully the price will drop over time.
VINE VOICEon 13 December 2012
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The packaging was not the best but the case is superb. It's light and durable and is a perfect snug fit. I previously got a material case for the kindle which to be fair was also excellent but this offers extra protection and doubles as a stand which came in very handy on a flight recently on a no frills airline. Being able to take my kindle made the flight much more enable.

This cover will protect in your luggage and also from anywhere it might pick up light scratches such as the wife's keys in her handbag.
I haven't used the material case since so would definitely recommend the Marware MicroShell Cover if you are undecided.
VINE VOICEon 29 November 2012
When I bought my first Kindle, I bought one of the Amazon leather cases to go
with it. I found that it added a lot of weight, though I did like it. Later,
I found a neoprene sleeve in a supermarket for £5, and that's ended up being
the case that I use most of the time.

When I bought my Kindle Fire HD, I didn't see any sleeve-type cases that I
liked, and so I opted for a Marware Vibe case. I'm pretty happy with it, but
there are a couple of drawbacks: firstly, it seems quite heavy (and the Fire is
no lightweight itself); and secondly, unless I want to mount the Fire "upside
down" (with the camera at the bottom), it's not possible to charge it when the
case is closed. When I got the chance to try the more expensive Microshell
case for free, I thought it would be a good opportunity to compare the two.

I was hoping that it would be lighter than the Vibe. "Microshell" seems an apt
name for it, for it's a thin shell that effectively wraps around the Fire.
(Well, the Fire fits into the main body, and there's a rubbery flap that flops
over the screen.) To my surprise, there's very little difference; I'd have to use
scales to be sure, but I think the Microshell is slightly lighter. It's thinner
than the Vibe, and it feels like the Fire's edges are better-protected (though
there are still openings to access the volume and power switches, and the
micro-USB and HMDI sockets. This means that it is possible to charge the Fire
when the case is closed. The Microshell is far more snug than the Vibe.

The Vibe could just-about be mistaken for a notebook when closed; that's
certainly not the case for the Microshell - it looks far more like a device
cover than a book cover.

Both the Vibe and the Microshell can be used to prop the Fire open (only in
landscape format); but the Microshell can only be propped at 45 degrees; the
Vibe's approach is more versatile. In practice I haven't found this much of a
limitation.

Both sleeves use an elastic band to hold the cover closed (or fully open); it's
a little awkward to apply, and I often prefer only to use it when I put the
Fire down for a while. One thing I find a bit awkward with the Microshell is
that when I fold the screen cover back and then hold the Fire either in
landscape or (especially) portrait format, the folded (curved, really) edge is
a bit too unstable, and so the folded-round cover tends to slip at an angle,
making it uncomfortable to hold. I find I have to wrap the elastic band around
it to hold it in place, which is a little tedious. I've no such problem with
the Vibe. After a few days of this, the edges of the screen-cover are starting
to curl a little under pressure from the band when held this way; I don't know
if this will become a problem in the long term.

I wouldn't say that one case is better than the other - each has advantages
over the other. The main difference is that the Vibe is more book-like, the
Microshell more functional-looking. Personally, I think I prefer the Vibe
overall; yet I haven't swapped back to it yet, so there's clearly not that
much in it!

(I wrote most of the above thinking that the two cases were the same price;
in fact at present the Microshell is £30, but the Vibe is £20. I'd still say
that if the Microshell's looks appeal more, then it's worth the extra.)
VINE VOICEon 21 November 2012
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm very impressed with the thin but strong material for this cover, which is not only to protect your Kindle Fire HD, but it's light weighted and also very stylish. Obviously it's designed to stand, too, so you don't have to hold it all the time. But make sure that you have the Fire HD model, because it doesn't fit to the (non-HD) Fire model. The outer material feels like slightly soft silicon and NOT slippery or plasticky, so the grip is not bad.

It has two holes for the enhanced speakers for the HD model, as well as one for the USB power cable and for the HDMI cable, which only the HD model has, and the case is slightly bigger than the one for the ordinary Fire model too. If your model is the Kindle Fire but NOT the HD model, then don't order this one, but instead there are several other covers for the Fire model, such as this one: Marware MicroShell Folio Cover Lightweight for Kindle Fire, Black (will only fit Kindle Fire).

I think it's always a good idea to have a good cover for your Kindle, especially for the Fire models, as you'll use them for more than just e-books but will enjoy using them with many more functions as tablets e.g. internet browsing, the photo album, checking weather and playing music etc, so you don't want any accidental damage or scratch on the screen, and this materials is cleverly made, thin & very light, so I can recommend it to all the Kindle Fire HD users!

Hope you agree with me?
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Got this cover for my 8-year old daughter to cover her Fire HD. It does the job perfectly. I won't list all the product features, since these are described, but here are my impressions of this case.

- Perfect fit for Fire HD. Simply snaps into the hard plastic shell - the only thing you have to get right is which way round to fit it - this is completely obvious from the cut-outs
- It feels lovely in the hand. The plastic has a smooth, but slightly matt and "soft touch" finish which is really nice to hold.
- Not being shiny, it does not instantly show fingerprints
- The elastic strap to hold on the cover is low-tech, but highly effective. Especially for an 8-year old, it is simple to snap this over the front cover and the case is secure.
- The front is thin, but enough to stop the screen being scratched in a bag, which is all I really wanted
- The back of the case is thicker, and I feel confident would stand up to some reasonable impact (although I would not drop it onto concrete just to test it!)

So, for my kid, this case is just the job. I will mention a couple of points which might be relevant for an adult or more selective buyer:
- There is nothing fixing the front flap to the case apart from the elastic. This means that there are no magnets or catches to ensure that the front cover stays PERFECTLY aligned. It will move from side-to-side a little, but nothing that exposes the glass
- The stand feature is only really useful for standing up the Fire HD on a table/desk. Since the cover simply folds into a slot, there is nothing holding it in place so you would have to sit very still to keep it on your lap. Also, this only provides for landscape orientation (i.e., films, not e-reading)

However, I think these are very minor quibbles, and all round I definitely give this 5 stars
on 22 October 2013
When I bought my Kindle Fire HD in February I bought a cheap leather effect case from eBay which is starting to wear out. As such I wanted to buy something relatively good quality to replace it, seeing the advert offer on my Fire drew me to this.

A few days after ordering it it arrived (can never fault Amazon for delivery times, by far the best in the business).

I was very disappointed to find a complete lack of features to this, I would have expected the basic to have somewhere to hold a stylus and magnets to activate the screen, but it did not. It is light, but felt extremely cheap and tacky, with a fragile stand.

I instantly decided to return. Once again, Amazon has shown it's quality by providing the best Returns policy of any online service, offering an instant refund and returns through the very good Collect+ service.

I would not recommend this product, it is far too basic for the price it costs.
Colour Name: Black|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A tablet case needs to be a compromise between remaining fairly slim and protecting the tablet adequately. This Marware case has a nice matt rubberised feel for the visible part, but reveals quite cheap-looking shiny plastic on the bit that will be covered up by the Kindle.

The Kindle does fit nicely inside. This is not one of those (more expensive) cases with the dodgy-looking elastic bands over the corners - the Kindle clips into the shell securely. The screen cover folds back in two halves, which double as the stand (forming a triangle with the bottom part of the back casing). If there was one bit that I'd be worried about wearing out or splitting it would be the thin rubbery hinge. However, after some experimentation, it seems to be stronger then it first looks, and I reckon it would take a fair amount of wear and tear.

Would it protect the Kindle if you dropped it? Well, the corners of the shell are quite tough: they might crack, but would probably absorb a lot of the impact. There's a strong, thick elasticated strap to keep the screen cover in place - even at high G-forces!

There are big cut-outs for the speakers, so the sound comes out nice and loud.

Two minor issues I've noticed: if you are charging your Kindle Fire HD, you need to remove the charging cable to open or close the case, because the charging cable is on the hinged edge. And because there's no magnet inside the cover, it doesn't automatically put your Kindle into sleep mode when you close the cover, or wake it up when you open the cover.

So having overcome my initial misgivings, my guess now is that I'll be using this shell for some time to come.