5.0 out of 5 stars Top Product
I must say I am very happy with this product. It very quick, and very quite. Windows 8 at first I admit i did not like it especially having no start button, but now completely love it, and it makes sense the changes they have made.

Published on 17 Jan. 2013 by AP

2.0 out of 5 stars Good spec shoddy built
Published 22 months ago by anonymous

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Product, 17 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G780 17.3-inch Laptop (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD) (Personal Computers)

The laptop itself is built well, and is sturdy, The USB 3 connection is very quick, which is a bonus. I also want to add that I purchased this laptop due to the fact that I want a laptop that I can easily upgrade the Ram. I run some quite memory intensive programs, which require a bit of power. I did not want to pay an extra £400 for having 16gig of Ram.

Therefore I upgraded the Ram to 16gb which is lighting now. It is so simple to upgrade the Ram.There is a Youtube video on how to do it, and can purchase the Ram from a well known Memory vendor. (Cost £54),Its is the most effective way to upgrade a laptop.

Overall very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with this, 23 Jan. 2013
After a lot of comparing, I went for this Laptop. The Windows 7 version had a lot of good reviews, and specs-wise for the price it doesn't get any better. I'm able to play Battlefield 3 at about 30fps online, and Fifa 13 at 60+. Sound is great, USB 3.0 provides faster transfers. It has lots of USB ports and the fan is incredibly quiet. One of its best features is the OneKey Rescue System, which makes backing-up and restoring much easier and it's less of a worry if something might go wrong. The Bluray player is also a big bonus for this laptop.

Strongly recommend this laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty-Laptop, 8 May 2013
I am quite pleased with this Laptop. It's a lovely big widescreed form factor, which is exactly what I was looking for really. Some reviews complained about some stuff so I'll try address.

Screen: Some had issues with screen(getting lose, not staying upright as well as degredation of quality at slight angles) which I found to be very slight/to plain not true. The screen is quite tall, very wide, quite heavy and THIN! These all lead to a big heavy thin screen pivoting on two very small hinges. This is marketed as a desktop replacement. it's not a screen to be slamming open and shut 10 times as day, or to be manhandled balanced on the top of your knees in bed. This is perfectly fine with me as it's usually on a desk, and i'm quite careful and gentle when opening and closing meaning that my hinges are still perfectly stiff with plenty of resistance after a month of heavy use.

As far as loss of quality at slight angles; nonsense. There is slight loss, much the same as any laptop. The screen is still miles better than my previous middle of the road laptop. I didn't buy so four or 5 people on a couch could watch a film on my laptop, I have a tv.

Finish/construction: Some complained that its a fingerprint magnet. This may be true... though again, not that I give a crap. I'm more interested in Performance and sheer "grunt" of a machine, which I'll get to. But it is a handsome computer, elegent and serious looking.

Performance: This is where I was really interested in when buying. Again, the main issues with performance people seemed to be having with this machine, as far as I could make out where all "Windows 8" based. The OS is a bit of a pain when u first start using, but like everything, doesn't take long to get used to it and learn all the short-cuts, gestures etc. I usually go straight into desktop mode and it's business as usual. In my opinion all the last few Windows OS's, are very resource hungry. It's my view that theres no point using the OS with any lower spec than in this laptop. It feels quick, punchy and immediate. ESPECIALLY if your moving up from lower specs. The only "ONE" performance drawback i've found, though not unexpectedly, was the speed of the HDD. There is LAG. At the end of the day, this is a serious Laptop, for very little money when you factor in what your getting. Putting a lower speed HDD has been the only cut corner ive found.
But again, this makes absolutely no difference to me. I bought the machine with the intention of immedietly upgrading to a SSD, as well as up to 16GB RAM. Ive not done the upgrades yet because

1/ The machine is performing brilliantly, and RAM upgrades hasn't entered my mind yet, and

2/ I cant decide weather to upgrade OS to a SSD, and install old 1TB drive in the optical bay, OR just put old HDD to one side as spare, and fork out the cash for a LARGE SSD.

{I'M OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON THIS :)}

One thing that really annoyed me about my last laptop was, when I upgraded to Windows 8, the LOUD fan started coming on EVERY, 2, BLOODY, MINUTES. I used to start hearing the noise in my dreams it was on so much. This machine is QUIET AS A WHISPER. And it stays cool. Really cool. I was playing PORTAL 2, WOW, and EVEONLINE, with everything on maximum settings/resolution/anti aliasing/quality, and the left hand side does get warm after a while. But, the usual day to day stuff never makes the temperature rise. And the right hand side of the machine is always ICE-COLD. LITERALLY. It's just the left where the air outake that gets warm under extreme stress.

ALL IN ALL, BRILLIANT MACHINE, BRILLIANT PRICE, AND UNLESS YOUR ANAL ABOUT STUPID DETAILS, YOU WONT REGRET BUYING. This is coming from someone whos VERY critical of electronic devices in general and need things to perform the way they're supposed to.

God be with you.

hah! just kidding. lol

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent spec., 18 April 2013
The spec on this laptop are great for my use, My only gripe is the windows 8 that it comes with. I would have preffered a choice of operating system

5.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo Thinkpad 17", 26 Mar. 2013
This product is excellent. Windows 8 a bit fiddly at first, but it doesn't take long to get used to.
The screen is great, the keyboard good, and the whole thing is blazingly fast!
Very pleased

4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine but Lenovo staff are DEADFUL, 23 Jan. 2013
Heather Greer (Cleggan, Co Galway) - See all my reviews
I like the machine very much, using a wireless mouse which gets over the everything-on-LHS issue. BUT having bought it & an extended warranty from the Lenovo Online Store, I have registered both machine & ext warranty but still driven crazy by automated messages demanding further action, & Lenovo staff who either can't or won't read English. Result: stress levels astronomical, & wasted several days with no resolution in sight. I wish I had bought another machine with i7, 8GB RAM, & 1 TB HD. Avoid Lenovo like the plague!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good spec shoddy built, 24 Sept. 2013
Excellent specification for price aluminium bronzr, looks nice however needed multiple replacements of same product as each one had distinct faults, all of them had a loose right mouse, one had a loose left key, one had crackling speakers which my old laptop got after 4 years and the third one had a broken USB port which was discovered two weeks after receiving it. Amazon did their best to refund it after a months trouble with impeccable customer service but would never recommend this

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool and worth the price, 29 Jun. 2013
Considering that computers in Cyprus with these specs go for 1200 euros and more this was a bargian...plus its got blu ray and dolby sound sound...computing power is more than enough..!!!!! Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer, 15 Feb. 2014
This computer is so far good quality but would prefer backup to be on discs and not on the hard drive.
Apart from the above it is so far a very good laptop
the new windows 8.1 is very good for touch screen machines so I have had to buy two patches which
redirects desktop to the windows 7 operation costs £12 to buy these patches.

So with the addition of the above patches this computer is very good and works like a dream.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 Aug. 2013
This laptop is amazingly fast! Here's my pros and cons:

Pros:
1. Lovely Keyboard
2. Speed is amazing. No slowdown problems at all during general use and gaming.
3. CPU and RAM is easily upgrade-able.
4. Fan can be accessed and cleaned easily, just consists of 6 screws and then cleaning.
5. Screen is very bright and spacious.
6. The laptop itself is very sturdy and feels very professional.

Cons:
1. Touchpad isn't the best around, but still useable and not that bad.
2. HUGE Fingerprint magnet but can be easily cleaned.
3. Harddrive is slow in transfers which can affect loading times, but due to the laptop being easily upgradable its easy to change the harddrive to a faster one later on.

Overall:

NO Regrets for this laptop, was playing Tomb Raider on high settings with no problems!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Lenovo G780 17.3-inch Laptop (8GB RAM, 1TB HDD)
Used & New from: £1,990.80