4.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo
Very happy with the laptop works well, light and importantly it was good value for money. I use this for web access, email and some calculations and word processing
Published 17 months ago by Pen Name

1.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo s400 - Poor Quality
Published 20 months ago by Evansy

1.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo s400 - Poor Quality, 12 Dec 2012
This review is from: Lenovo Ideapad S400 14-inch Laptop (Red) - (Intel Pentium B997 1.6GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
This is my first ever Amazon review and I admit it's mainly motivated by the fact that the product has been disappointing. I cannot fault Amazon's exchange service but thought that I may be able to manage other buyer's expectations. I have actually had two of the Lenovo S400 laptops so far. The first had a faulty keyboard where the slightest pressure around the "w" key caused a stream of w's to be typed, along with the consequent Windows "bongs" if a dialogue box was open at the time. The second machine had a display that looked as though it was made of two different panels. It had a clear vertical line down the middle caused by the colour settings on either side of the display being completely different. Before ordering the laptop I had read the other one star review that described issues with the hard disk drive. I think it's fairly clear that this is a budget machine for a 14" laptop and corners are clearly being cut in component quality. The machines I had both were built in early October 2012 so were probably in the batches made soon after the product launch. This may mean that later builds of the machine may be of improved quality. As for the machine itself, it is for my daughter and would probably be perfect for her if I could get one without faults.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo, 30 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight simplicity, 14 Aug 2013
Found this laptop ideal for my grandson. Only problem was getting used to how Windows 8 operates, - ie: accessing the commands and even switching off. Had to google it in the end!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy Laptop from Amazon especially Lenovo !!!, 1 Aug 2013
Ref. to order: 026-0766231-7247558, I have bought this laptop as birthday present. It did work fine for a while but now it started
breaking constantly and sister in law is unable to use her laptop at all. Following errors are constantly occurring with this laptop;

It goes to sleep constantly even when it was on and being used by her
It freezes when its windows menus are being used including explorer, note pad and special windows 8 menues.
it restarts itself when it freezes and that happens so often

I have bought several laptops from Amazon over the years and this has never happened to me but with this crappy laptop after ONLY 2.5 months of usage it is broken which is disgraceful for both laptop producer and seller. When I asked Amazon customer service to help to find a way out from this stressful situation they were immensely quick to wash up their hands to pass the ball to Lenovo customer service! It would be much different than this if I was to buy this from any retail store (proven by the facts) long story short I am stuck between a rock and a hard place waiting to be helped by Amazon.!