4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money...
We bought this Lenovo laptop after the previous one we had -Acer- had a hard disk crash after just 6 months of use! The good thing was, we bought the Acer on Amazon, and as usual Amazon was amazing when the problem came up and gave a full refund.

Published 16 months ago by Harini

1.0 out of 5 stars Have I been sent a pre-used item instead of a new one??
The first time I ordered this item, it never turned up at all. Amazon apologised and re-ordered it for me, but the delivery time was going to be at least 1 month or more as they had no more of these in red. I looked and found that they had the exact same model in bronze for 20 less and available right now, so I cancelled the order for a red one and placed an order for...
Published 17 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money..., 23 April 2013
This review is from: Lenovo G580 15.6-inch Laptop (Dark Bronze) - (Intel Core i3 3110M 2.4GHz Processor, 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)

After some research, my husband and I chose this Lenovo model as it did not have a hard drive manufactured by Toshiba fitted in and the specs were very good for the price.

The main drawback was Windows 8- we would have much preferred a Win 7 OS.

However, a neat solution to this presented itself when we found out about StarDoc Start8 software. We have installed this on our Win8 machine, and lo behold- the main irritations of Windows 8, like the charms bar and metro home page are hidden now. We have a start menu back on the PC, and the general look and feel is that of Windows 7, though the OS is Windows 8!

The only other negative I can think of is the mousepad on this laptop. It is a bit too smooth and hence tricky to get used to.

Other than that, I am very satisfied with the purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb Product!, 7 Jun 2013
This is my first laptop, having previously only used a desktop PC. Although slightly heavy, this is a powerful computer with a massive amount of disc storage. Despite only ever using Windows XP, I soon found my way around Windows 8 and have got used to the best shortcut. All-in-all, a great purchase, although the only disappointment is that it is closer to black rather than dark bronze.

5.0 out of 5 stars lenovo G580, 13 April 2013
Had this laptop for a while now and really love it - quick to load with lots of extras - only issue for me nowadays is that there are so many cloud storage options I forget which cloud they are in and passwords to suit - quiet and efficient fan cooling system means no silly hot knees! sound system on machine good enough for all daily uses and esp for my european music where the amp makes the lyrics clear enough to be clearly understood
I would buy it again and may buy another for my daughter when she starts college in September
especially good for the price excellent vfm

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived promptly and works well, 17 Sep 2013
The laptop arrived as originally packed and worked straight out of the box.
It is a good size for occasional relocation around the home, works first time on the wireless and holds a charge well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lenovo G580 Dark Bronze - More like Black ,But OK, 18 July 2013
Bought the Lenovo G580 4 weeks ago. Excellent so far, a minor issue with the tracker pad, but I simply pluged in a mouse instead.
Many buyers have complained about the Windows 8; this can be resolved by visiting [...] for a very helpful introduction to Windows 8, especialy the Getting started with Windows 8.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 1 July 2013
Good spec for the price. Delivered as promised and easy to install out of the box.

Screen resolution is very good and keyboard fine.

Only 3 USB ports and everything is on the two sides including network and monitor connectors which is a little annoying as I use it mainly as a desktop.

Would I buy it again. Yes

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent laptop, 25 Jun 2013
I really like my new laptop, the windows 8 is bit of change but once you get used to it, its fine.
The mouse pad is slightly to the left rather than in the middle but that doesn't bother me, and every now and then when I use the mouse pad a slide screen thing come out from the right side of the screen.
Good speed and battery life, I think it is going to be hard to beat unless you pay a couple of hundred quid more.
Extremely please with this laptop, hope this review helps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely computer, 5 Jun 2013
Very pretty computer with its brown finish. It seems to work very well. The screen is bright and the system is quick. The computer is quiet and I have no criticisms at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars 21st century laptop, 31 May 2013
R. M. Riley (R.O.I) - See all my reviews
My old laptop was getting old and slow needed to be replaced ,took some time going out looking at all current laptops on sale to-day ( May 13)spoke to internet café owners then looked again .This one I have had for a week lets look for the negative side of it Windows 8,simple as that ,you have to work at it,on other software you always have a start page .I suppose it was designed for touch screen ,looking at the price of Apple and other top tablets on the market now this laptop well Amazon have priced it well .The processer is fast the hard drive has more numbers that you will need(our 1st pc had a500mb),the screen clear and crisp no blaring at edges ,had to turn the sound system down(too loud for wife),key board just right for us well set out and clear letters delivery from Amazon well within time they declared on purchase.
Now we have to see if the reliability is as good as this laptop looks only time will tell.
Well now 2 months down the line its a great laptop ,dos everything we require ,even getting to like Windows 8.......BUT the battery life is about 2-3 hours and thats not enough for my grand kids games....so if you want a laptop to do your banking,face book page ,e-mails etc etc this bit of kit will do,its fast and has loads of storage and looking back at the price a steal.....

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for what it is, 24 May 2013
I have had this laptop since August, bought for university and I can say it very well made and sturdy, holding up to all sorts of freshers chaos! I actually have it in Windows 7 so can't comment on that interface but the laptop itself is quick and efficient, long battery life, the side fan keeps it cool and the speakers aren't awful! As a mid-range laptop and for the price it does the trick and doesn't take too much of a chunk out of your pocket!