on 13 June 2013
Engaging and practical, only improvement would be to suggest methods of implementation of changes and recognition of different learning styles. Interesting that lessons are supplemented with practical stories and certainly adds interest and practicality to the book.
on 25 June 2013
This is a book that needs reading many times, understood and then implemented. Without both understanding and implementation the wisdom if contains will be wasted.

Read and act now.
on 24 January 2013
Having known Floyd for 8 years I can say he is a truly exceptional person! What separates Floyd and this book from the numerous leadership books available, is Floyd himself.

He has lived and role modelled Elite Leadership, in some of the most challenging and stressful situations. His practical approach leaves you with tangible actions which work! He doesn't produce countless management models, he presents simple concepts which if practiced and demonstrated consistently produce results!

I urge you to buy this book and use it as your guide to becoming an even more effective leader!
on 15 November 2012
This book provides a window on an exceptional individual for whom failure in any field is simply never an option. This fascinating book reads as though the author is sitting next to you and you are exploring his world with him. A uniquely interesting, insightful and thought provoking book that should be on every leader's bookshelf.
on 7 January 2013
THIS is what Leadership is all about!

I have read many books on Leadership and this is most certainly one of the very best. Buy it, whatever your role as a leader!

I particularly welcomed the very important sections on understanding different personality types and negotiating skills, which many such books fail to cover, and enjoyed the very practical, hands-on approach, demonstrating not just the value of the many tips and insights contained but their transparent authenticity and integrity which shines throughout.
on 1 January 2013
I read the book, a little unsure at first. But I can honestly say this is one of the best sources of information for any coach, or sports team, or just any individual who wants to improve in any area of their life! We all try at our physical game and never really touch on mental preparation. This book not only gives you the tools, but also in clear English the understanding of mental preparation from someone who has performed at the highest level. I am happy i have my copy, and know it will be in constant use. Well worth every penny!!!!
on 5 December 2012
Just finished..Excellent book which relates the personal experiences of the author into a story line to demonstrate the elite leadership qualities that are there for all.

I found this to be an easily to follow explanation of the ideals that we all aspire to but sometimes become lazy and forget........Floyd brings this all back into perspective thru his story telling which is sometimes annoying as you want to get to the next chapter to see what happens next !

All in all an excellent read and well recommended.
on 15 April 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed and benefitted from this book. I found it to be well written and i liked the concept of intertwining it with an SAS operation. I learnt from the book and have introduced these concepts into my teams which I manage. I only wish my organisation bothered to invest in someone like Floyd to present to us these concepts on our leadership training, we'd be far the better for it. I have just received Floyd's new publication which I'm looking forward to reading.
on 12 January 2013
It had an excellent balance of traditional theory with an overlay of new perspective combined with the authors own ideas and techniques. The presentation of the theory with examples of very practical application in multiple sectors and environments really drives home the commonality of leadership and especially the principles of elite performance. This book contains powerful messages and lessons irrespective of your role within any line of business, service or team.
on 9 November 2012
If you want the truth this is the book for you, no matter what age or sex it will guide you to achieve and improve your life.