5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit
Published 18 months ago by little/big sis

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunate
So upset about this. I purchased this laptop for my son but it did not match the exact item displayed. The long process of sending it back, parting with large amounts of money to post it and getting your money back is very upsetting over a typing error.
Now I've missed out on other offers waiting for my refund.:-(
Published 16 months ago by Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 23 Jan 2013
This review is from: Acer Aspire V5-571P 15.6-inch Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-bit) (Personal Computers)
Although I've already made a complaint to Amazon about their courier service, I certainly can't complain about the lovely laptop that was delivered. I had researched the Acer V5 touch online and seen a product demo in John Lewis, and I decided that the features included for the price (469) made it a good deal. I've also purchased the Windows 8 for Dummies book so I know where I'm at with the new system.
The touch screen takes some getting used to when you're used to Windows 7 point and click, but I find it a good innovation, as it keeps my hands and wrists mobile and stops me getting stuck in one position, as with a touchpad. I like the backlit keyboard and auto-correction option, also as this is a replacement for an HP G70, it's a lot lighter and easier on my knees, and the crystal clear screen gives my eyes a rest - the brightness is easily adjusted from the swipe-in side menu.
As Windows 8 is a lot different to W7, I can't really comment on the OS until I've learned to use it properly!
I would certainly recommend this model to anyone looking to step up to touch-screen tech though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touchscreen, 27 Dec 2012
First touch device I have owned, lovely item very high quality and value for the money. Picked the system up fairly quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 31 May 2013
Mr. J. D. Mercer "JohnM" (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely computer; all that I expected of it. Not all that impressed with windows eight though. the computer is excellent value for the money. would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT LAP TOP, 10 April 2013
Was pleasantly surprised by this lap top it looks great It works beautifully and I am happy I chose this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 1 April 2013
I bought this for our ladies Section of the golf club & we are delighted with it. The touchscreen alows us to enter our scores easily.
It is simple to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Nov 2013
I have had it for about a Month now and I have no complaints, satisfied costumer. It arrived quickly and the laptop itself is in great quality. I don't regret a single penny I spent and honestly I didn't even spend that much money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing!!!!, 6 Nov 2013
laptop as described on web side. Loving backlit keyboard and touch screen option :). USB ports seems to be a bit loose but that's because it's very thin I think, it doesn't bother me really, they are in working order that's important. A bit frustrating for a first 2 days as I have never worked on windows 8 before but as days passing by I start loving it!! I'm pleased I have chosen touch screen and if you can not decide if you gonna use it or not I'm using it very often so go for it you will not regret :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 13 Feb 2013
R. Silvers (UK) - See all my reviews
Great value. I am completely satisfied. Very easy to use. As far as I know, there is no other touchscreen laptop currently available in this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent choice, 14 Jan 2013
As someone who doesn't know a lot about computers I left it to my son to choose a laptop that would suit my needs. I hadn't thought of a touch screen but he convinced me that I would love the idea once I'd tried it. He was right!! It was easy to set up and connect to the internet.It's light and portable and i'm certainly enjoying using it, particularly the built in webcam so that I can Skype.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop for the price., 23 May 2013
Michael Judge (Folkestone, Kent, England) - See all my reviews
No problems with this laptop at all. Delivered within two days and works just fine. Touchscreen is excellent, but it's good to have the choice of using the touch pad as well. Back lit keyboard is very nice and windows8 is not as complicated as I thought it would be. This is an excellent product for the price. Only negative for me is that it did not have Microsoft office installed, but I am very pleased with this laptop.