on 13 January 2013
So far so good, uninstalled Mcafee as it slowed things up, put on avg which sped it up a bit.
on 6 October 2013
Bought this computer as part of my role as a, ' learn to compute' volunteer with our local library. Normally I use an IMac and IPad but recognise most people still buy PCs with Windows O.S.
The computer itself is excellent, more than big enough Hard Drive and R.A.M. The intel processor is plenty fast enough for me. It looks classy & has a user friendly key board. The touch pad is sensitive but easy to get used to. I also like the wide screen effect. It should be said although very slim the machine is no lightweight it you have to lug it around a lot.
Mine came loaded on with Windows 8. Despite the 'over the top' negative reaction to this OS it is not that difficult to get used to. My main gripe is the tile system as some of my 'live' tiles do not work which defeats the purpose of them. I also tried out Internet Explorer for the first time in years and was bombarded with SPAM & POPUPS. I got rid of that and many of the excess tiles & now only use Google Chrome. which suits me.
Please note you do need to make your own 'back up' in case it crashes, using either CDs or a flash drive, plus there is no instruction book but a very comprehensive one on the hard drive.
on 18 July 2013
Facia plates are loose on mine
Lots of slow down despite using system mechanic and anti viral software
General look and feel are poor
on 10 December 2012
This is obviously a well put-together piece of kit. However, all the refinement was spoiled by the machine mysteriously "dying", or at least producing the Black Screen of Death, which was unresponsive to all my attempts at resuscitation. I spoke to Acer who told me to remove the battery and hold down the start button, thus draining the machine of static. The call centre person said it had something to do with the charging process. Anyway, replacing the battery then brought things back to life. I was given a case number to quote. Ominous: suggested the problem would recur. It duly did. This same fault had happened with a previous machine of this model, which I had returned, so I asked Acer what could be done now. Their response? I could return it to Amazon, or send it to them for a return under warranty. Pathetic. Something wrong with their product, and that's the best they can do? I thought they were a top manufacturer.
on 3 December 2012
this is one of the best laptops ive ever bought, buy it now! its quick, loads of RAM and great for gaming and work
on 30 December 2013
A little heavier and thicker than I would have liked ideally but couldn't find one thinner or lighter with CD/ DVD and it is lighter and thinner than many out there. Windows 8 was confusing at first but have got used to it after a few days. Very fast. I like it but if I had to be really critical, the shiny surface shows fingerprints easily - but I'm not bothered!
on 2 December 2012
Bought this a a christmas present on BlackFriday deal and can't beleive the discount received on the purchase. Can't review product yet as stated is a present and will open ay xmas.
on 26 May 2013
Within 3 weeks of the computer arriving, it stopped working. contacted the seller who rather than replace the computer, suggested that I should send it to acer for repair. At present I am waiting for it to come back from Acer. Very disappointed
on 12 November 2013
probably the worst purchase ever made though amazon. this company sells rubbish computers mine burst into flames luckily no one was injured or worse killed. when this was reported to the company they replied have you reported this to amazon they take no responsibility for there badly made product. advice to others don't have anything to do with this computer co if you value you or your families lives this is not amazon fault its production fault
on 18 December 2014