1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to do the job, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Replacement Battery for Canon BP-955 - ( 5200mAh ) (Electronics)
Bought this as a cheap alternative for video recording on my Canon XF100. I performed one test where I left the battery in once fully charged to record until it ran out. It lasted around 5 hours which was good, however there were a few hiccups:

1. It didn't always charge correctly when in the Canon charger - a couple of times it simply stopped within a few minutes, although I took it out and put it back in and it charged to full after that.

2. The intelligent battery life meter doesn't work - it states a full battery every time when pressed even though this is clearly false.

3. My camera did not read the remaining time on the battery - the battery bars went down quicker than it should (which is wrong as the battery still lasted for hours beyond this) and most crucially, the time remaining, accurate to one minute, did not display at all.

As a result, not advised for professionals, but a good alternative for someone on a budget. If you buy one, make sure you have at least another as back up. I intend to use my official Canon battery first, then replace with this when it tells me I'm running low, and give it 75% of the time it should last until I swap it for a fresh battery in order to be sure.

It's risky, but I'm not willing to give Canon £150-£200 for the real deal just yet.

Replacement Battery for Canon BP-955 - ( 5200mAh )