5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting children's story
I bought this book when I heard my ten year-old niece was coming to stay. I saw it as a bit of a task having to read it to her over two nights, but I was surprised how much I liked the book myself. It was a well written, uplifting story, and I would have no hesitation in buying book two and three to read to her the next time she comes for a visit.
Published 3 months ago by Matthew Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars good storyline but needs to be edited!!
Published 9 days ago by Neil Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting children's story, 16 April 2014
This review is from: The Laurie Bracken Trilogy (Book 1) - The Eve of the Witch; (Age 9, 10, 11, 12, 13} (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Book review, 1 Sep 2013
I liked this book very much and had fun reading like I was the girls having the fun . BEST BOOK EVER

5.0 out of 5 stars Alright, 24 July 2013
Jenny Bambridge (West yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
It was short and snappy and normally I don't like short books but I liked this one as it had a lot of funny happenings!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super book, 27 April 2013
I think this book is great if you like magic and a good story then you'll love it! It is about a teenage witch who is transported from the 17 century to the 21st by her grandmother to escape the witch finder. I won't tell you all of it other wise you won't read it! Great book READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping tale., 7 Mar 2013
I thought that this was a gripping and exciting tale filled with wonder and hope. I would recommend it to 10-14 year olds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Story, 7 Feb 2013
Lovely short story that my niece (aged 10) really enjoyed. She is very much a fan of stories about witches and all things supernatural so this was the perfect choice and I also enjoyed reading it to her. I will be purchasing the rest of the Trilogy :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful read! Just the right length for bedtime reading with the kids!, 7 Feb 2013
I purchased this book to read to the kids at bedtime. I read to them each evening and try to look for books that have enough of a pace to keep them entertained in short bursts and that don't take too many nights to finish, being part of a trilogy this was a perfect choice!

The books are all well written, with a fantastic old meets new theme running throughout, the link to traditional witchcraft adds the element of a true fairytale whilst being set in the present day didn't make the book too babyish or dated for my eldest.

I would be happy to let either child (youngest 9, eldest 11) read this book alone without too much of a challenge for either of them as the book is clearly written and well pitched at this age range.

A truly delightful read, and one which I also enjoyed greatly.

3.0 out of 5 stars good storyline but needs to be edited!!, 14 July 2014
I am so glad that I am reading this to my daughter as it means she isn't seeing the alarming amount of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. We have read a few in this series and they are all as bad - there are even instances where a character's name is wrong eg. Jack for Jake and also glaring mistakes like when a spell asks for a silver gown but then a few lines below the gown is described as gold. My daughter is at the stage where she's looking out for the next plot inconsistency ! Even a non professional goinv through these books coulc make most of the corrections. So please Tarin address these issues as the stories themselves are good

1.0 out of 5 stars Laurie Bracken finding a friend, 24 April 2013
This book is a adventures and a bit sad but you will love it you will also find it magical some of the stuff you'll find amazing and if you love magic adventurers and other stuff you'll love this
book!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor writing, 13 Dec 2013
This book had bad use of sentences, bad grammar and very poor use of commas and speech marks. It was also unrealistic- for example, why would the girl randomly walk into a house with a dead cat? I was very disappointed with this book, and I hope the rest of the series is better.