5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations
Published on 25 May 2013 by MR C

3.0 out of 5 stars Some faults but worth a look
I had previously made do with the smaller pressure washers that sell for £100 or less but they were not adequate for clearing the moss off our large drive and yard and I had destroyed the last one in the attempt. I like the fact that this had the facility to suck water from a water butt and that it came with the hose for that.

It was vastly superior to the...
Published on 20 April 2013 by Billlion

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Kärcher K4 Premium Eco Home Water-Cooled Pressure Washer (DIY & Tools)
I've had this pressure washer for about a week and was so impressed with it today I've decided to write a review. First of all I'm confused why people are commenting saying they struggled with the assembly. It took me 10 mins and was quite straight forward. Once assembled its quite a decent sized unit and everything stores very neatly and all the attachments and power cable has a place to go.. When moving it around the garden on the job it's better to move the unit using the handle rather than trying to yank it along with the hose because it will tip over and risk breaking something. The patio T-bar racer is purpose built to make cleaning patio/decking/walls very easy and efficient and I was shocked at how much dirt came off my patio and how clean it looked afterwards because I didn't actually think it were that dirty until I'd cleaned them. So overall my opinion is that this unit is very powerful and will be ideal for any job outside the house. I think £200 is expensive for a piece of kit that will only get used now and again but you get what you pay for and this is a quality item that hopefully will last many years. Do I recommend this? Certainly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing power, very handy tool, 21 May 2014
Bought this after looking over Karcher and the rival brands, then seeing it on the daily deals reduced to £200. Bargain! Its easy to assemble even though the instructions are just a few illustrations, probably took 20mins from opening the box till it was ready to go. Not too big, just above waist height and stands easily on its own with all attachments, hoses and cables having somewhere to sit. In terms of what it can do its very powerful and will remove all sorts of grime and dirt. The dirt-blaster attachment is very probably the best for pure power, the vario-lance swivels to vary the power from a trickle - when the cleaning solution seems to come through - to a standard pressure washer you would find in a car wash. The patio cleaner attachment is useful just little awkward to use, other comments mentioned flimsy parts but the 2 extension pieces that fit into this have tightening nuts which must be used to ensure a proper rigid connection. The cleaning area on the description of 15m2/30mins is really underrated, I would say you can probably double this. Managed to clean the stone paving in the back garden, down the side of the house, the full block paving driveway and the car in about 3hrs. Overall rating - A***

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant product., 5 Sept. 2013
Eventually got round to buying one of these from Amazon, after 6 months of research - especially on price and models and their suitability to my needs. That and I had to convince SWMBO that it was a good idea :-) !! Arrived 5 days earlier than the estimate and only 2-3days after ordering.

I have used industrial power/pressure washers before and had a domestic one which I gave to a friend - so I am used to these things and I've even used my dad's K3 as well.

Th K4 Premium is a first class machine, easy to assemble, with aid of the pictograms and a few pages before some written instructions, took less than 10 minutes to assemble.

Having cleaned the car, with snow foam in a karcher bottle attachment and the 'vario' lance much quicker than ever before; used the dirt blaster & cleaned two out of three of the wheelie bins, the roof above the patio area in the garden and some of the paths and switched back to the 'vario' lance for windows around the house - we now have things clean & shiny!! SWMBO is really happy with the result, so am I. Now looking for other things to clean, as it's very easy to use switching between the 'Eco' and normal modes, dependant on surfaces according to the instructions. Not tried the detergent or the 'T-racer' supplied yet, but have used my dad's T-racer & his K3 on his patio with ease and lots of algae & moss removed quickly and easily. I am so pleased with this item I looked for other 'accessories & attachments' which I could use around the house & garden. - Check out their own website for items not here or available in the UK.

Glad I ordered when I did as in the next 48hrs Amazon increased the price twice! But this is still good compared with a certain 'orange' retailer's current price. As it's an 'ecologic' model it comes with a 5 year warranty, which is a real plus.
Karcher, although a little expensive compared to other makes, is far better, the build quality and performance is superior to some other makes that I have experience with, hopefully it will outlast it's warranty. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressure washer, 22 Jun. 2013
This is a great tool. Did the job in a tenth of the time of a conventional power washer. Well recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cracking product!, 3 July 2013
Bought this primarily for the patio/decking cleaner. However I was in the market for a new pressure washer anyway.
I disagree with some of the other comments regarding putting it together. The instruction book had straight forward diagrams showing how to do it.
It appears to be well made, although I thought one or two parts may have been constructed differently. The hook for holding the power cable should maybe be on the oppsite side as the cable has to pass across the back of the washer to it from the point at which it exits the plastic casing. Auto feed for detergents is a good idea, however the availability of different detergents etc in the same shaped bottle is limited. I would suggest keeping the bottle that comes in the kit and filling it with which ever detergent you buy.
All in all it hasnt disappointed me yet. Great product

5.0 out of 5 stars The cleanest drive on the street!, 2 May 2013
We had this pressure washer recommended to us .
It has done a great job on our brick paved drive which now looks as good as new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 May 2013
Very powerful and easy to use. A bit complicated to assemble. The instructions are not that clear and some require some strength to fit. But well worth it when complete.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some faults but worth a look, 20 April 2013

It was vastly superior to the lower power models for the purpose intended - the moss just seemed to fly away and I can get the job done in about a fifth of the time.

It did not come with clear assembly instructions. You had to guess from the picture, and it took me a while to understand that two of the screws provided hold on assembly with the knob that is meant to control the amount of washing fluid used. I am not yet convinced this knob actually makes any difference but the bottle holder is rather clever.

The main failing is that it cannot reasonably be used in the upright position illustrated but you need to lie it down. This is not stated anywhere I could find. If you do use it upright the combination of the high centre of gravity and the high friction on the hose real means that it will fall over forwards. When it does that it breaks off the connector for the input hose (if you are using a garden hose). Fortunately this is a standard tap-to-hose connector and they are quite cheap if you make the same mistake as me several times before you realise you have to lie it down.

The usual nozzle (the rotary one) works well as does the variable one. I have not tried the patio cleaning attachment yet.

Overall it is powerful and works well, and I thought good value if the attachments it comes with are ones you want. Its a shame it cannot be used upright.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get one just a great piece of kit, 11 May 2013
Excellant piece of kit the high pressure hose fairly cleared the moss growing on my path, onwards and upwards now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Karcher K$ Pressure Washer, 3 Aug. 2013
M. Young (New Forest, Hampshiire) - See all my reviews
I now have a number of Karcher products. This pressure washer does exactly what is required. Good flow at high pressure, no leaks (like some other washers). The patio washer also works well.