on 31 January 2015
A cultural, historic and social document that plays an important part in perceiving the Great War and impacts on men in the conflict embeded know as Trench warfare. Pressures of rank, status, standing and duty. Today we are aware of the condition of psychology and counselling: .nature and nurture, but in those days you were either a man or a man who lacked character...... the best analogy I can give on this is PARADE'S END. but journeys end is a powerful piece of literature and facts used are contemporary and extremely informative... just to give one example: today we are familiar with the turn batman to a officer..... but that term was not quoted till WW2. In WW1 it was a solder servant. ..... It's a must read in my opinion..... I'm the richer for it.
on 7 February 2015
I thought this book gave a very clear representation of life in the trenches of WW1. If the plot was hackneyed and the ending predictable it is only because the book was written so very long ago and times have moved on.
on 12 January 2016
Book in good condition.
on 13 November 2014
The condition of the book was very disappointing. It was full of scribble on the front and back covers as well as inside the book. Very disappointing.
on 27 June 2014
The book was for my daughters English GSCE and was a lot better price even with the added cost of postage than her school were selling it for..
Apart from a small name written in the inside of the cover the book is in pristine condition which is great. The only downside was delivery time. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. This is a lot longer compared with my usual Amazon purchases as used to is being very quick. When I checked my orders the estimated delivery time had changed to a later date which was strange!! Apart from that good purchase.
on 25 April 2014
Nice clean unused copy. Swiftly delivered very good well written play which really brings home the realities of the first war and no doubt other wars
on 19 September 2014