5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Sounding Headphones
Published 6 months ago by watty89

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced.
Bought these recently on an Amazon lightning deal. Other than the actual headphones you do not get much else for your money, no case etc. I tried them out for a day but decided to return them. I found the clamping too tight and as I was wearing glasses, the headphones were pushing the frames into the side of my head. The next day, my head was sore from the excessive...
Published 5 months ago by Justin Michael Openshaw

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Sounding Headphones, 27 Dec 2013
These headphones are designed to produce very honest balanced audio. I use them for mixing and have had no problems with distortion at high sound pressure levels. They are very robust and comfortable, and perform well in loud environments. Although they are not the most stylish headphones on the market I always look for performance and not looks. Although these are more expensive than the HD-25's I would say the aluminium caps have made a difference to the overall sound quality and therefore the price difference is justified. I would highly recommend these headphones to anybody who feels sound quality is everything!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid all round Headphones, 20 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser Amperior Closed Supraaural Dynamic On-Ear Headphone with Smart Remote (Electronics)
I got a good deal on these, they are essentially upgraded HD25's. The resistance is lowered from 70 to 18 ohms to be easily driven by consumer devices. They also have an apple compatible remote (you get another non-remote cable) and the cups are milled out of a block of solid aluminium! Most parts look interchangeable with the HD25 which is a bonus if anything breaks. Also the pads are velour and the clamping on this phone is very moderate and comfortable to wear for hours straight out the box.

I can't compare the sound with any other high end phones, but its a huge upgrade from any other sub 40 ones I've tried. These cans are more neutral, and very clear, your really going to hear a lot more detail than on any cheaper headphones. Also I'd definitely recommend checking out the review on innerfidelity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid all round Headphones, 10 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb quality, 18 May 2014
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Having had the Sennheiser SP 25 Mk 2 for over 15 years and having just replaced the earpads, I came across these just before going on a visit to the US where they are less than half the price.
The quality is even better than the originals and having a better matched impedance for Apple products this also helps. The inline control is also useful for stopping skipping and volume control.
A great upgrade to the originals and at a great price in the US.

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb and very robust pair of headphones., 11 Jan 2014
In terms of sound quality, these headphones are superb - an excellent balance of treble and bass throughout all the frequency range. They also really go loud and can be really driven if you want them to.
The Amperior design / model is great and the aluminium parts mean that they are even more robust than the standard models.
One let down is that, despite the eye-watering price, Sennheiser do not include a pouch for carrying the headphones around. However, Sennheiser operate a superb spare parts facility and this can be bought for a reasonable price if you want it. As well as this, the spare parts facility, whilst not cheap, do offer a comprehensive range of parts for the headphones so you can keep them performing for many many years.
Finally, thought it might seem weird ,the split headband makes these headphones much more comfortable to wear than a single headband - this really does make a difference.
All in all another superb pair of headphones from Sennheiser.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Headphones I ever had!, 8 Jan 2014
Initially I was reluctant to the fact that Sennheiser discontinued the Amperior line but since i had the chance to use them I've been completely sold out. These headphones are simply amazing and I absolutely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality, 28 Dec 2013
A Jones (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent sound quality and incredibly comfortable fit on the head. I would prefer if the lead were slightly longer on the iphone cable but understand why it is it's current length. I would also suggest that Sennheiser consider how the cables from the cups going through the headband could be adjusted so that they don't get caught when you close the headband up sometimes. Sound quality can't be faulted at all though, fantastic set and don't regret the purchase at all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful set of headphones, 3 Dec 2013
Pros:
Immaculate sound experience
Decent head clamp force

Cons:
Not that good slide mechanism.
Volume down button is defective

My pair had a loose cup but amazon is helping me out with a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mobile headphones, 2 April 2013
The sound quality is excellent, of course, the sound is very neutral. The passive isolation is excellent, it really puts you in a bubble (don't expect the performances of noice-cancelling headphones, though). It can become a little bit uncomfortable to wear after several hours (I wear glasses), but that's probably the price to pay for a good isolation.
They're very robust as well, I don't fear to break them when I carry them in my bag. Only negative point: the price.
I highly recommend these headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent headphones, 24 Mar 2013
I already had the Hd-25s and when one of the capsules broke, rather than buy a new capsule, decided to give these a bash.

Well, they are definitely better than the Hd-25s, that is for sure. But an extra 100 - I really don't see the justification in that.
Considering the Hd-25s are 150 on average, I'd say that the Amperiors should be more around the 200 mark.
But they are very good headphones - nice warm, deep bass. The treble has improved slightly on compared to the Hd-25s and mids are just as good.
And they are definitely more comfortable with the nice velour feel.
The next track/volume controller is ok but if it had brought the cost down I'd rather just not have one as it comes with one wire that has the adapter and one wire that doesn't.

I feel the best music to play on these would be electronic music (house, techno, drum and bass etc), but rock/indie also plays very well on these. If you were going for classical or stuff with a lot of high end, I'd say go for something else.

Final view - yes better but paying a lot extra for probably not the amount its worth, so it depends how much you can afford.
Sennheiser still the best for headphones.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›