on 16 February 2016
I now see they have listed several different items under the same listing. This is an issue - it means you don't know what item is being reviewed, and the overall star rating is the average across the several products. It means that the reviews are rendered meaningless. On top of that, the items are sold by different sellers!! How come they are under the same listing??

This review relates only to the 10x rectangular white acrylic nail buffing pads.

First off I'm a man. Bought these to work on guitar frets, not for my nails.

With that in mind, at a guess I'd say these were 800 grit or so. Not quite the buffing fineness I was looking for, so I wouldn't say buffing, but rather fine sanding. Tried them on my nails, (first time for everything!) And they certainly didn't polish, so much as smooth sanded. If they are intended to provide mild roughing of the surface to provide a key for gluing synthetic nails to, then that seems to work well. But if for polishing, you'd need some sort of buffing pad after this.

The second issue is that they seem to be coated in the abrasive, rather than the abrasive being incorporated within and throughout the foam. So when the surface is worn, they'll become useless.

But there are 10, at a good price. I paid £1.73 inc of p+p

Please regard this review as one to help with someone thinking laterally and looking for an alternative use. If you are looking at them for their intended purpose, then please be guided by the more expert reviews in that light on here.
on 21 November 2013
The buffing blocks are exactly as I expected them to be. They arrived in perfect condition. Really pleased with my purchase.
on 29 September 2013
Thanks. Received the items in a timely manner and well packaged.
Would willingly do business again with this seller. Great!
on 23 September 2013
You get what you pay for. Very limited life in these blocks and they are small. Ok for the cheap price.
on 6 September 2015
These block are nice and coarse and buff really well removing all varnish and remaining gel or acrylic and leaves the nail nice and smooth.
They arrived quickly too! I'm re-ordering some more as they are great value!
on 14 May 2015
get quite a few in pack so good from that standpoint. However, the grit doesn't last that long on each block. had one before and used for 6 months. the ones from this pack, perhaps 3 manicures before you need to use another.
on 3 March 2014
delighted with this product .... took a while for delivery but over all does what its meant to very pleased would recommend
on 11 March 2014
I didn't pay very much for these. They came from.........oh I don't know, somewhere far, far away (despite claiming to be from a UK based address). So, expect to wait a long time for delivery. They arrived in rather sturdy packaging and as for their quality, they're just ok. On the flimsy, soft side. I have to be a bit robust to get them to sand! I will be spending more money on this type of product next time. Not for me.
on 6 July 2014
These are excellent value. I needed something to help get my shellac off & these fit the bill perfectly.
on 24 March 2016
I wasn't too sure about these when they arrived, but was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency of buffing even the tiniest amounts of residue from gel nails and then using a nail polisher of cotton wall with a drop of nail oil until my natural nails are perfectly buffed and shiny. A great price too so very happy with this product.