4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and informative.
I purchased this book having only a small amount of experience in property investment through the purchase of 2 houses to date.

Whilst the book is well written and informative, Steve does not shy away from telling the reader the pitfalls of property as an investment and the need to follow in the footsteps of someone who has been there and done it before...
Published on 17 Oct. 2012 by Nathan

3.0 out of 5 stars Motivational but not informative
I've previously read a few "how to buy property" books and this one has got some reviews, so I thought why not? Finished in about half a day of reading, the books reads easily and quickly. My main points:

+Easy and entertaining read
+3£ for Kindle edition, you can't really go too wrong
-It is not very informative: there are too many references to...
Published on 27 Jan. 2013 by OJM

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written and informative., 17 Oct. 2012

He emphasises that to start you will require upwards of £300,000 and to be working closely with a mentor who has experience.

As the review above states, he focuses largely on HMOs to provide highly cash positive properties.

Whilst I found this book a good read, it is hard to relate to in places as I have no mentor, don't have £300,000 lying around and so am largely unable to follow his principles.

I hope to raise this money through starting small - property by property. At which point I am sure that this book will be invaluable to helping me push on towards financial freedom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concept, clearly and practically explained, 17 Oct. 2012
A. Bedwell (England) - See all my reviews
The book presents a strong rationale around a property investment strategy and gives clear, practical guidance about how to approach it. The style is very accessible but content doesn't suffer as a result. It also debunks some myths and perceptions about what HMO's are about - well worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars good advice!, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Successful Property Investing: How to Earn £50,000 to £150,000 in Two to Five Years (Kindle Edition)
I already have 10 properties, and I'm far from knowing it all. This book has changed my approach in property investing. So pleased I read this book. Easy to understand , a must read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Motivational but not informative, 27 Jan. 2013

+Easy and entertaining read
+3£ for Kindle edition, you can't really go too wrong
-It is not very informative: there are too many references to Steve Bolton's property club, referring to their courses
-The specific advice given (as also mentioned in another review here): obtain 300 000 pounds and find a mentor who can teach you what to do with them. If I actually had 300 000 in cash, Mr Bolton tells me that I qualify for one of their courses. Which mentor should I then choose?
+Good info on setting goals and getting (more) organised when it comes to your personal economy

Overall, this is an interesting read (for money paid). I just wish there were fewer references to Bolton's club, as it is a little bit too obvious what he is trying to achieve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read !, 27 Oct. 2012
If you're thinking about investing in property this is a must read book. it will make you look at what you do with a different and more profitable perspective. Impact book !

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical insight into property investing, 25 Oct. 2012
This book is an excellent and interesting read into property investing. It sets out clear steps and guidelines, providing an inspiring insight into how to go about earning a good income from investing in this area. And its all based on real life experience, not just theory. If you're thinking about putting money into property, this is well worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars An informative read, but really an advert for the franchise business, 5 Dec. 2014
Steve comes across as an intelligent, streetwise and likeable person. He takes care to balance the pursuit of wealth with a smidgen of business ethics. Basically, the book combines traditional self help techniques of goal setting and visualisation with some principles of investing. The key points seem to be:
- to choose a high yield investment approach so that you can build a regular income and introduce some leverage but not be overly exposed to downturns. High end HMO seems to be his preference.
- don't fool yourself, you need a good chunk of accessible seed capital; £300k is his suggestion.
- be prepared to personally work at it initially and employ help as your income allows it.
- tap into the knowledge/ experience of a mentor, such as would be available by becoming a franchise partner of his

I believe that the opportunity is real and the returns appear good, although if there is a period of asset depreciation as we've seen in the past even this model would look disappointing. So, it still depends on where you think the property market in your target areas is going to go, but because of the high returns for HMO income would continue to come in throughout ups and downs if the market.

What isn't covered well in the book is how to find and market the right sort of property. Also, although Steve mentions exit strategy as being important he doesn't address the concern that HMO properties can be difficult to sell on and may need to be refurbished back into normal homes to be marketable if you want your money back out. So, assume you want to be in the business forever or stick some exit costs into your forecasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Successful Property Investing, 20 Nov. 2012
I Read his original in March 2011, on holiday in the Canaries Islands, we were doing our due diligence on Platinum Property Partners.
I have now read the updated version, the same frank openness still comes across from Steve Bolton.
The proof of the pudding is in the eating ( or so they say ) My Wife and I have now been Franchise Partners since April 2011, we now have three properties all fully let.
Steve Bolton is a well respected and honest person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational and opened my mind to what you can achieve through property investing, 24 Oct. 2012
I found this book inspirational and as I was reading through it I became more motivated. I didn't know much about property investing and what can be achieved, but in this book it is explained in very good detail and it is easy to understand. It opened my mind to what can be done. I would suggest this book to anyone that would like to invest in property.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and practical!, 20 Oct. 2012
This books is both inspiring and informative - helping me to really think about my broader life goals and how successful property investment could help me achieve these goals and more. A must read for any-one seriously interested to get the most of their life achieve financial independence through following a well tested and successful property investment strategy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›