5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance at a reasonable cost
I have had this two months now - I got it as an Amazon Warehouse deal (advertised as 'used') so cheaper than advertised here. The PC arrived next day and was unmarked. Everything was present, properly wrapped and I could see no reason why it would be different from the "brand new item". Obviously you need your own operating system but - I have Windows 7 - it is only a...
Published 24 months ago by A. Crawford

1.0 out of 5 stars The noisiest Desktop
This item is the noisiest Desktop I have ever had the misfortune to have purchased. When it is running in an upstairs room it can be heard downstairs while the doors are closed As for the Techinal support it is as much use as an ashtray on a motor bike. Their attitude is it doesent concern us we are only the manafacturer
Published 21 months ago by bigyin

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, cheap... but noisy...., 8 Mar 2013
I have this pc about a week now and I finally have installed all my video and audio software. It really is fast to process and boot up.
Keyboard and mouse are sufficient if somewhat cheap feeling. I upgraded from a dell dimension 9200 to this and Im very happy so far. I just bought a corsair psu to replace the stock one as it's far to noisy for recording audio. I will come back and finish review when i install psu.
All in all this is 3 to 400 euro cheaper than anything i could find anywhere else and with amazon they are brilliant.
I also had to switch the cpu fan cable to a different place on motherboard so i could control it from bios. It's set to 100 percent on and again it's very noisy.Switched it to 50 percent and fan noise is barely audible.

last point.... Only one pci express slot available , no firewire ( there is a small pci 1 available for connection of firewire card , optional)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good Product at an Excellent Price, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Zoostorm 7877-1026 Value Desktop PC (Intel Core i3-2130 3.4GHz Processor, 500GB HDD, 8GB DDR3, Intel HD Graphics, DVD-RW) (Personal Computers)
Works well - I am pleased with this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars super Fast, 10 Dec 2012
Excellent value for money, super fast ! Don't know how i managed before, would highly recommend to anyone who wants an office computer

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 10 Dec 2014
Much faster than my old PC, quiet, good value for money. Just remember to turn Win8 off in the BIOS if loading Win7.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 5 Oct 2014
problem with the first one . this was replaced. and now ok .

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value powerful pc but too noisy, 17 Feb 2013
As an IT professional I wanted a PC powerful enough for database development, but at a reasonable cost. This Zoostorm unit fits the bill well; plenty of memory and a very respectable 4 core i5 processor. However, out of the box it was ridiculously loud - I'm talking fan-heater levels of noise.

I considered changing the processor fan, but on inspection it turned out the PC was already fitted with a semi decent Akasa unit. The problem was that it had been configured to run at full speed regardless of processor temperature. This was quite easily fixed by changing the bios settings; you dont need to load speedfan as other reviewers have suggested. This improved things greatly, but the power supply was still too noisy for my liking, so I swapped in an old Antec unit and now the PC is nearly silent at idle.

I've fitted an SSD for the system drive, and loaded Windows 7 - now the unit is fast, stable and quiet. This a good PC and great value for money, but the problem with the fan (even though fixed at no cost) and the noisy power supply lose it a star.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 Oct 2014
Mr. David Humphreys "Gor Reader" (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
cannot do without it now a great buy

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Quiet but faulty and difficult to set up., 10 Jun 2014
I ordered this without an OS as we needed another Windows 7 machine in a hurry. It was a real pain to set up as the BIOS was set to only accept Windows 8, I could not understand why it would not install Windows 7 till my wife spotted this setting when I had to call her in to see if she could see something I was missing. Also it was set to boot from network rather than CD. Finally the network port was not recognised by windows and downloading the motherboard drivers didn't help either, so the machine was no use. I nearly sent it back, but nipped over to PC world and got another computer on Sunday and was able to do the urgent installation on Monday with the PC World Asus machine (gave in and took Win8.1). Later I bought a cheap network card which made this Zoostorm machine usable - and I have found another use for it. It is actually a very good, fast and quiet machine. i3 and 8Gb RAM and the only Win 7 machine I have had that did not have repeated problems with Windows update.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good machine, but components already fast becoming obsolete - shame., 17 Jun 2013
I've had some good deals from Amazon Warehouse overall, so when I saw this £40 cheaper than listed and a nicer case than Zoomstorm often use, I took the plunge I had been contemplating for some time and bought a 'new' desktop.

I had an operating system I had not used the key on so thought it would all be quite simple to get done locally as I'm hopeless!

The delivery was a day early, great job Amazon!
But when I opened the box though my first concerns arose. LOADS of bubble wrap, but only on one side and the top. The keyboard was wedged down the other side unprotected and the mouse was in the bubble-wrap on top along with the (damaged) 3 pin plug. The fact one pin was missing from the plug was not inspiring, so I looked closer overall and realised not only was the rear end with the video sockets hard against the cardboard, the sockets were slightly protruding and in transit they had (i guess) been knocked/hit/crushed and the rear was a bit 'bent' inward.

Having no Op system I didn't know if to experiment or not, so I procrastinated for a spell whilst seeking opinions of those more knowledgeable.

After the 2 software firms declined to install an operating system due to comebacks from the possible computer damage, I reluctantly returned what otherwise looked to be a nice replacement for me.
Amazon were great in dealing with the return; and I wondered what I'd missed until .......

Luckily I soon saw a genuine Asus of similar spec on another site.
Except that spec was far better as it had usb 3.0 ports, Sata 3 (this is only Sata 2), plus Win 8 (base) was included - and best of all it only cost £349.
(I would now never consider a comp without usb 3.0 now I tried it)

Overall I feel more relaxed too with the proper Asus branded product as their reputation for quality is good, plus there are none of the fan noise/cpu noise and cheap keyboard etc associated with Zoomstorm products to later replace/worry about - so without criticising this particular model, despite it's seemingly just using up parts that are fast becoming obsolete, I was just very lucky.

All kudos, as ever, to Amazon however though for standing by their 30 day return policy as I was in a real quandary over this situation; but then again that is why I come back here so often for so many other things!!

2.0 out of 5 stars overpriced for what it cant do, 23 Aug 2013
you might as well buy a kindle because this is an expensive way to get on the net.start up screen hangs,no sound.motherboard does not have the ability to add grafic or sound card!!!youll have to get a saw out to try and mod the case to fit a card in.being an i5 this should be a powerful pc but unfortunately zoostorm handicap you and dont allow for customisation or expansion