5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money but NOT for gamers
Zoostorm is owned by a company called CMS Computers which is one of the largest manufacturers of PC's in the UK.

I have had this computer for just over a month now and you get a lot of machine for your money but its definitely not built for gaming so if that's what you are looking for then this isn't the computer for you.

I ordered it from Zoostorm...
Published on 22 April 2013 by Siew-Yau Cheng

1.0 out of 5 stars Never ending varied and intermiiant faults
Published on 17 April 2013 by PeterG

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money but NOT for gamers, 22 April 2013

I ordered it from Zoostorm and paid for next day delivery before 12. It arrived at 11am and was well packaged.

For £600 some comprises had to be made for the spec that you get.

On the plus side:

The Coolmaster tower is larger than I expected so room for some expansion.
It has a Alaska heatsink instead of a stock heatsink.
A 500w Coolmaster PSU.
Has 16GB RAM which should be plenty.
A Western Digital 2TB green SATA 3 HDD so not very noisy.

The processor is also pretty fast and I had no problems running office programs, playing flash games, Facebook games. video encoding and re-encoding was pretty quick also and had no problems with watching 1080p videos. If you can't live with the new Metro start interface there are several start menu alternatives you can install like Classic Shell.

Some of the compromises:

The motherboard is a Asus P8H61-MX R2.0 which is an older H61 motherboard. It has no USB 3.0 or HDMI inputs.
The memory is slow it is DDR3 1333mhz of Crucial memory.
Intel HD4000 integrated graphics which is not built for anything else apart from very basic gaming but should be fine if you play casual games on Facebook or flash games.
Only one 16 pin power connector for a graphics card.

Overall I'm very happy with this computer as it suits my needs. If you can live without playing the latest games then this will be a great computer for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoostorm PC, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Zoostorm 7877-0405 Home Premium Desktop PC (Intel Core i5-3330 3.0GHz Processor, 1TB HDD, 8GB DDR3, Intel HD Graphics, DVD-RW, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
After the initial shock of finding that the PC did not have windows installed on it (according to Zoostorm support) and getting it back to UK and a new one arriving very quickly by Amazon I find this PC extremely fast, good quality and value for money. It does exactly as it says on the tin. Excellent purchase after initial set back, got to admit the support was very good from Zoostorm too, even by e-mail, but so much better by phone - even long distance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Value, 15 Jan. 2013
I've had mine for two months now and it's great, absolutely no issues at all. A very fast PC and exceptional value for money. Highly recommended.

It's great that they are manufactured in the UK too.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Get What You Pay For..., 1 May 2013
Paul Johnson "Willy9b" (Berkhamsted, England) - See all my reviews
And what do you get?

Well, the product description says most of it: All components are high-quality and the latest Intel processor means that it *flies*.
Tons of room in the full tower case for any upgrades you might fancy - I've added a decent graphics card (I like gaming) and a USB3 card so far. Oh, and it has a 500W Coolermaster PSU, so it's a very quiet unit. A card-reader would have been appreciated, but it's no big deal.
Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never ending varied and intermiiant faults, 17 April 2013
The machine arrived promptly, well packed and undamaged. As I was unfamiliar with Windows 8, I studied a manual first. Initially the machine appeared to work well. Gradually over the next month, I aquired and installed all of the expensive photographic software and extra monitors that I needed. A week or two later, the machine started to boot up very slowly, instead of taking 20 seconds the time extended to between 20 and 40 minutes, yes minutes. Sometimes it would not open after accepting my login. Then programs began to exhibit all sorts of strange malfuntions. I should point out that I am very experienced in the use of these programs. I contacted Zoostorm for assistance, initially spending hours on the phone awaiting an advisor every call.
To cut a very long story short, Zoostorm insisted on Hard drive, memory and processor tests before they would accept the machine for a repair. Initially these tests would not run at all, I even employed a computer guru to assist, he could not get them to run either. Eventually Zoostorm provided one replacement RAM chip, after I returned one that appeared to be suspect. This was at my expense not theirs. The tests did then run. This took in excess of 35 hours to run a RAM test. Around 24 hours to run the HDD test, and a couple of hours finding, loading and running the CPU test. Eventually, they allowed me to communicate via Email, which helped. Every time their answer to any complaint was:- Run another test, even though this was repeating previous test. No faults were shown up and the machine worked satisfactorily for a couple of days. Then it's old tricks started again. More Emails to Zoostorm, They wanted to run the tests all over again, I refused telling them to take it away and repair it. Their reply was:- Acceptance coupled with a list of caveats and threats of charges, This include me paying the carriage both ways and saying that they would retain the machine until all charges had been paid. They were also telling me that their first action would be to re-format the HDD, effectively destroying the software, saying that it was my responsibility to back up everything, but with no guidance as to how. It is possible in Windows 8, but very effectively hidden and not mentioned in the Manual. I doubt that one user in a hundred would even know it could be done. At this, I told Zoostorm to get lost, politely and persued my claim with Amazon who were very helpful. Zoostorm after a very polite, reasoned, long,and detailed Email from me, started to exhibit some flickering signs of customer service.This eventually culminated in an offer to take it back and repair it at no cost to me and without the caveats and threats. By this time Amazon had collected it for a full refund. It was therefore too late. This had taken a total of 3 1/2 months of frustration, work and expense. Full marks to Amazon none to Zoostorm.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good straightforward Desktop, 6 Dec. 2012
Good desktop pc. It does what it says it should. Not so enamoured with Windows 8 as I don't belong to the generation of screen bashers and I have to get past the start up nonsense before it works as I wanted.

Zoostorm rates very highly for producing a straight forward PC which performs very well. Its quiet and does what I wanted.

Amazon delivered when they were scheduled to and the whole process was quite straightforward.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lot of computer for the money, 8 Dec. 2012
Let me straightaway point out that I am no computer geek. So if you are looking for detailed analysis of individual bits of hardware etc don't bother reading much further..

I was looking for a no frills computer for my son who is interested in graphic design - so I wanted plenty of computing power and lots memory space. After some hours of looking and comparing I came down to this one. Fast i7 chip and massive memory.

This comes as a tower unit only with a wired keyboard and mouse, so a monitor is required. I also ordered a Dell Ultrashape 23 inch monitor (for decent graphics a a reasonable price) - and its made a good package.

Zoostorm - who has ever heard of them? Not me, but looking round at some of the bigger names the only difference seemed to be price, so having studied many reviews etc I chose this one.

The computer was quickly delivered. The machine was adequately packaged (I have seen reviews for similar Zoostorm computers which criticised the packaging ?!!) - this one was paged adequately and was protected in plain cardboard- after all do you save the box, or do you take it to the tip once you've opened it?

The tower unit will never win any beauty contest, but it lives under a desk so any good looks would be wasted anyway.
It has to be connected by wire to a modem as it does not have any wireless facility. That may be a factor for some to be aware of. It would be nice to be wireless, but more expensive.

On getting going the start up was easy and quick. It was soon up and running and networked in to a remote printer. The system is loaded with basic software and the windows 8 operating system (which took a bit of getting used to) but what was refreshing was the fact that it does not seem loaded with bloatware and other rubbish you didn't want, need or ask for. I have added Office, Photoshop Elements 10 and Norton anti virus. No issues with loading and using. I've also swapped the keyboard and rodent for a wireless set up.

I cant speak for its longevity yet (hence a 4*)

If like me you are looking for something with no frills and fancy bits, just a machine to do the job then look at this. If you want a fashion item from Apple be prepared to spend twice as much, and get less.

From my experiences with this machine so far I would not hesitate to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 22 Mar. 2013
Gonna keep this as brief as possible. Had this PC for 4 months now, and not a single problem!! i was a bit undecided on windows 8 at first but the more i use it the more it grows on me. As for the PC i use it for gaming mainly and a small amount of video editing, it's fast and reliable and after adding my old graphics card and 2 monitors I find myself able to play games at max settings or near max with no lag. Very pleased with it. Would highly recommend (:

4.0 out of 5 stars Did all I needed., 18 Feb. 2013
It did all I needed, I missed the sockets for loaded photo cards, MMc etc I had in my previous PC
All else was fine, no problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Computer, 17 Mar. 2013
Mr. Darren Brown "db" (UK) - See all my reviews
It was delivered fast, in perfect condition, works exactly as you would want it to. In every way a good computer.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›