on 27 June 2013
I bought this believing that the windows 8 professional would provide a stable operating platform. How wrong I was! When I first set it up the system froze/crashed 8 times in the first 4 hours of usage. I gave up for the evening and continued the next day. No improvement. Constant freezing/crashing on windows opening, during operation and during shutdown. The longest I have managed to have the machine running is approx 90 mins. Either (a) Zoostrom have'nt a clue how to build a computer, (b)they have no quality control or (c) knowingly send out defective machines. I have kept my packaging as I'm certain I'm going to have to return this item ( I shall not call it a computer - it's not ). I'll persevere for the next day or so, as I pray for a miracle. I would just say that I have recently bought two acer laptops from Amazon and they work flawlessly.
In short, this is by far the worst "computer" I have ever bought and shall never buy another Zoostorm product again.
on 10 December 2012
It booted up OK and everything appeared to be fine until I tried to use the USB ports on the front of the PC. They were dead, so I opened up the case and found that the lead for these sockets was not connected to the right pins on the motherboard. Luckily Zoostorm supplied a manual for the motherboard so I could see immediately what was wrong and fix it. I was not impressed with Windows 8 that came preloaded on the PC, and could not recommend it for use on a PC - but that's not Zoostorm's fault. Conclusion: Zoostorm should carry out a check on all their PC's functions before shipping them.
55 comments11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2013
The first PC I ordered arrived quickly but after attempting to rectify a fault with customer services at Zoostorm it was obvious I was getting nowhere fast so it was returned. Amazon was very quick to get a replacement to me which arrived with a broken prong on the plug. After furnishing customer services with proof of purchase and other details they dispatched a replacement which, I have to say works fine.
The computing speed and power for an i7 is not as fast as I had expected. My son has an i5 PC which is much quicker.
When the computer is recalled from sleep mode it clunks and clanks loudly but eventually comes back to life.
The tower itself is very flimsy and not put together with any care. A cheaper keyboard would be very hard to find.
The connections are limited and there is no hdmi.
In all good conscience I cannot recommend this Zoostorm product or their customer services.
If you don't want to be very disappointed I'd seriously look at a more well known brand.
I guess you get what you pay for.
on 22 May 2013
Very impressed with performance. Despite having no dedicated graphic card, the on-motherboard graphics, coupled with the powerful processor and 12 Mb of ram, proved a very capable combination. I did need to supply wireless support, but this was not difficult. The dimensions shown in the details were much less on the case dimensions.
on 28 July 2013
Firstly could'nt get windows 8 activated due to wrong version of windows installed. Once that was rectified the PC keep crashing and after running some tests it was found the the memory was faulty and needed replacing. The original engineers where very helpful until you end up dealing with the service deptartment. They would send new memory only on the condition that I accepted all responsibility that any damaged caused changing memory was my cost. This after 2 weeks of trying to rectify a faulty PC. The next solution which was origonally offered was to get one of their engineers to change the memory. OK in theory until but you have to be available all day from 9.30 till 5.30 otherwise will not come. I told them I was available from 8.00 to 4.30 any day.but this was not acceptable and would not make any exceptions. They could phone me and give me a more approx time but they would not compromise .in the end I sent PC back as this is not the type of company I want to deal with, who will not change their rigid arrangements to suit their customers. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
on 27 March 2013
Good fast system. No frills but performs as described and as expected.
I might upgrade by adding a graphics card if I want to use it for gaming, but otherwise spot on for business use.
on 23 January 2013
Starts up in a flash, breezes through very demanding tasks. You can run loads of different applications at the same time without any slowing down at all. Plays HD movie files without stuttering, jumping forwards and backwards easy also error free. It's a peach of a system.
0Comment3 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 August 2013
The performance is quite impressive. The only drawback is noise from the fan. But desktops do make more noise as compared to laptops. I should get used to it. :-)

See one answered question