on 20 April 2014
Don't get me wrong. I suppose I am bad audience: I am VERY big fan of Asoiaf, I've read all theories on Westeros.org, on blogs, some on reddit etc. I think if you are just like the book but not pass every evening on forums in search for new theory - this is great book. Because if will show you what a great writer is G.R.R.Martin and how interesting he writes, and how he influence research from all those brilliant guys.

But, if you like me - pass by. Out of 10 essays there were only one, that was interesting enough. All others were old stuff, discussed long-long-long ago...
on 8 November 2012
Some great insights and topics for discussion. If you've read all of GRRMs books this series of essays will compliment them in myriad different ways. They highlight subjects and events I'd either missed or not noticed, for me they helped me understand the world of Westeros better.
on 18 December 2013
While it is an enjoyable enough read, I bought this as I am part of the aSoIaF fandom and listen to associated podcasts, some hosts of which have contributed to this book.

I would only recommend this to people who are really into the book series.
on 15 October 2012
I pretty much live and breath ASOIAF. I've read the books far too many times (if that's possible) and analysed the hell out of them. I heard about the book through A Podcast of Ice and Fire, of which I'm a massive fan. If you're a ASOIAF junkie like me then you should definitely buy this book. There's great pieces with some terrific insight into prophecy, religion etc and how they effect the world GRRM created. Buy it.