on 3 December 2012
I have bought two of these Starpad 9's one for my parents and one for myself. Straight out the box you can see that they are very well made, and when I started it up the screen was fantastic. I was a little cautious when I first bought them as I haven heard of the make before and the price was very cheep for the spec, but I can guaranty you wont be disappointed. The one thing you will have to do is add programs i.e. a print program, a document reader maybe facebook but these are quite easy to add thanks to Google play. All in all this is a great tablet and a better price than some of the better known names.
on 2 September 2013
This is a great tablet, but with a few reservations.
I have had it a few weeks and so have a reasonable appreciation of its capabilities.
I was somewhat miffed that the price increased by £10 whilst I was in the process of purchasing.
A very speedy delivery ensued, (although left outside the side door), the device being impressively packed in a presentation box. The manual is a new one and actually well written, illustrated and comprehensive. Unfortunately diagrams of connector positions do not correspond to StarPAD 9. It's worth watching the amateur "youtube" StarPAD video instructions otherwise I wouldn't know how to charge the Bluetooth keyboard.
Be aware that for about £30 more there is a later StarPAD 9SE version that has different keyboard & features etc and maybe worthy of consideration.

My main disappointment was that the StarPAD9 failed to pick up the WiFi signal where my phone; my 3DSXL; and X-box could manage. A replacement router with all 3 freq. bands made no difference until relocated to a more advantageous position.

The leather case is fine for carrying outside particularly if you need the keyboard, or want to watch video on a safely propped-up screen. but for general indoor use (especially apps games) the tablet is left unprotected for convenience reasons. I cannot find a suitable alternative cover other than a low cost slip-on one that's good but has no provision for recharging (I could cut a hole I suppose!). The StarPAD 9 frequently requires recharging, and as everyone says, the charger lead is too short, plus I would add the connector plug is rather fragile.
Also the short adapter lead with mini USB connector as supplied was both fragile and intermittent and had to be replaced.

The screen is effective and has a reasonable viewing angle although not as much as described by one reviewer. Touch sensitivity is good. Live TV works well despite having non-optical cable in our area.

Speakers are quieter than my phone and could be better, but with earphones supplied or via an external amplifier (can be Bluetooth) i'm sure sound would be very good.

I was impressed with the software photo-editing capability.
Camera is ok but is limited without flash and medium resolution. Good illumination of subject will help.

Notwithstanding, my wife and I are really enjoying the impressive capabilities such that we would not want to part with it.
on 23 February 2013
The Starpad 9 came through UPS very quickly. It had all the advertised dongles and charger. It switched on immediately but obviously did need charging. The instruction book is something else - one really needs a microscope to read it and I found that the only way was to scan and print enlarged to double the size. This is a great shame for, being new to tablets, I find the instruction book essential - Cambridge Sciences would do well to double the size and it would only cost penny's to do so. More of a problem is that the sockets/buttons are not as shown in the instruction manual and there are two on the top edge not explained anywhere and those along the side edge are not placed in the positions shown in the manual. The speakers are on the back of the pad and not on the side as I understood should be the case with the Starpad 9; the consequence is that I can not hear the speakers at all when the pad is lying flat. These disparities leave me wondering which is wrong - the Starpad or the Instruction Manual? That apart it seems to be an excellent machine for the money. Wifi connection was straightforward and Google maps quite astonishing for Cyprus, where I live, which is not shown on any of the Satnav devices covering Europe. A 32GB card inserts and is immediately taken on board. I have a lot to learn and look forward to the challenge.
on 27 February 2013
Having previously purchased another brand of tablet and had to return it due to a malfunction, I was very nervous about purchasing another tablet. I can say that so far my nervousness has been misplaced. The 9.7 star pad is proving to be amazing. The screen size is perfect not too big to make it awkward to hold or carry but big enough to read and watch videos, and iPlayer on. The case which was included in the price, feels sturdy and holds the tablet comfortably Without it slipping or being able to fall out (unlike my previous tablet}. The reason for only ⁴ stars is that I have only had this tablet a week and have yet to investigate all its functions or use the WiFi keyboard. It comes with a selection of pre loaded apps, I had to download a BBC media app before iPlayer worked but it plays with no problems now. I was surprised that kindle was also preloaded and have downloaded a free book already and this works a treat. Some apps I am never going to use and would like the option to removed them but I had a message warning that if I deleted them it may harm the running of my tablet so I didn't continue. In conclusion I would recommend this tablet, its good value for money and comes with great extras which are included in the price. Delivery was quick and tablet was well packaged. All I can say give it a go you maybe pleasently surprised.
on 22 February 2013
I bought this last December, as a gift to my dad (who has absolutely no clue with these things btw). Been very satisfied by the service and speed of delivery. The product came nicely and securely packaged. Tablet comes with its own leather case (red coloured) with integrated bluetooth keyboard. Its a bit bulky case, not much of my taste, but it keeps the thing safe. Upon first charging the tablet came to life with no issues, functioning properly. Display quality is fairly good. Touch screen is responsive. Overall I am quite satisfied by the performance. Has been dad's best friend ever since.
on 14 April 2013
Just what the doctor ordered. Good value for money. I compared the price of the Tablet with similar products from rival companies and determined that this product provided the best value for money. The Android operating system being free means free apps can be downloaded from the Google Play Store unlike some other manufacturers who lock down their product and try to squeeze every penny they can from hard working people. Connecting to my home WiFi was no problem and internet access speed on the tablet is fine. I would recommend this product to anyone thinking of getting their first tablet.
on 2 September 2013
I am 64 and was nervous about ordering a tablet, only used to standard pc. But Cambridge Science was recommended by my daughter. Must admit has taken me a few days to get used to it, but it is wonderful, the twin camera is great quality, when I skype can show family and friends so much more than before. I would recommend this product, and if you are like me and not quite so computer savvy, it won't take you long to get to grips with it, instructions are in English too. You wont get anything better for the price. Well done Cambridge Science and thank you. Belinda
on 18 August 2013
I purchased this tablet for my 75 year old mother as her first tablet and I have to say it is really excellent. The device seems very solid and on a par with lots of the more expensive branded products. The case and keyboard are very good and offer additional functonality at no extra cost.Having worked in the IT industry for 30+ years and used a variety of products from the likes of Compaq. HP, Dell and Apple it is good to see a less well known manufacturer producing a high quality product.

Very pleased with our choice.
on 1 March 2013
I have been using now for over a week and I am still impressed with it. Comes in a great quality leather case and with a great little keyboard. It is fast and I have had no issues with it. The only problem I have with it is that I find it hard to set down. No complicated set up just switch it on and go. Charges quickly and battery life is quite good. As far as I see it can do everything the ipad can do apart from itunes. Since now you can get tunes from many sources now I don't see this as a problem. I would highly recommend.
on 11 December 2013
These will be Xmas prezzies for my daughters. I did take a sneeky peek to make sure that they looked ok - no visible damage. I am sure that they will operate as decribed and that I will end up with two happy teenagers!

The delivery was second to none and I couldn't believe how fast your service was.

Many thanks for contacting me, I think it shows that as a company you care about your customer.

I will write a full review once the girls have started to use them.