5.0 out of 5 stars Photo Story 2013
Already purchased Magix in the past but unfortunately it doesn't run on Windows 7
only XP. It was brilliant, but 2013 is a surprise too. I'm still learning from it. Great tool.
Published 17 months ago by Alex Brolly

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok. Useless if you already have the video software
I already had the MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2013 Premium (Anniversary Offer) incl. Photo Manager MX Deluxe video editing software, but had loads of photos to do something with. I didn't realise that the video editing software already includes virtually all the effects for photos that are in Photostory!

If you have the video software, do not but Photostory...
Published 17 months ago by Jennifers Daddy

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok. Useless if you already have the video software, 1 Nov. 2013
This review is from: MAGIX Photostory on DVD 2013 Deluxe (Anniversary Offer) incl. Photo Manager MX Deluxe (DVD-ROM)

If you have the video software, do not but Photostory.

Secondly, my computer is ok (Intel i5, 8gb, SSD and decent GTX650TiBoost graphics card) yet this seems to be amazingly slow to apply effects. Much slower than the video editor. How odd.

Overall I was not impressed. Thankfully they do a free trial to give it a go (but some of the important effects are missing). Try the trial before you buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Old software would not take version update, 10 Mar. 2013
I brought the disc because I tried a downloaded version. The disc was a old version and it would not let me update the software. Ended up downloading all files (took hours) and ran that version. I would have been better off buying the licience online.

Software itself very difficult to use and online help not much help. With perseverance was able to get some good results.

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably ok if you ar an expert, 13 Mar. 2014
For some years worked with Proshow Gold and was very pleased with results. Then upgraded to Windows8 and needed a new slide show programme so purchased Photostory. What a let down. Hard to use, very complex structure and even worse guide. Wish I had paid the extra and purchased Proshow Gold.

1.0 out of 5 stars fault, 4 Dec. 2013
I follow all the instruction,first install the software then run,alll works fine.but when it comes to burn the file you have prepared icouldnt be able to burn straight to the cd,strugle for a long time and decide to leave the software,just find out it waste of my money and time after all hard work I put into it.
but the software is good and got lots of plugins.......,the only problem is it doesn't burn your file into the cd or dvd-r.........
tooo bad

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little dated, 30 Oct. 2013
The software's user interface is a little dated and slightly clunky in places. It is not as flexible as it could be and if you are considering this for professional use it may not be as versatile or as fast as you would wish it to be. There are a few minor bugs that can be a little frustrating but not world threatening if encountered. Very occasionally it's German origins show with grammatical and spelling errors cropping up in dialogues but these are easily enough to understand. It was not as fast on my old PC (which died recently)as it is on my new one so be prepared for things to be a little slow if your PC is not a reasonably high spec.

OK moans out of the way.

I bought this after seeing the results of a trip to New York that someone else had created (using different software on a Mac). It really appealed and I set out to get the software for my PC.
It was bought at a very low price, not from Amazon, I downloaded it and many gigabytes of free additional stuff from the Magix website so I didn't think I was risking much. My first attempt was a slideshow of a day trip to the nearby Cotswolds. At first the interface was a quite confusing but by trial and error (I'm a man so wouldn't dream of reading the manual)I achieved a reasonable result complete with animations, fancy transitions and music - yes it was rather busy but I was trying things out. Overall I was pleased and people who saw it thought it was pretty good. I've since created shows of our holidays this year to South Africa, Portugal, Cornwall, Yorkshire and Lyme Regis each one (I think) getting better.
The software provides a way of showing your pictures that can be very enjoyable and certainly holds one's (and guest's) attention Fewer bored expressions and polite grunts are the result. Oh yes and the creation of the slideshow can be fun and quite absorbing as you try to achieve the optimum presentation efects.

Overall I recommend this software to anyone who wants to record their pictures in an attractive dynamic manner and wants to improve the experience of friends and family who are forced to watch. As above it perhaps is not the best choice for professional use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful Software, 27 Oct. 2013
This is one of the worst photo/video software products i have ever used. Everything is so slow (even on my machine which has a good spec) and aesthetically it looks poor. The photo software is also dire compared to others i've used. Do not buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photo Story 2013, 9 Oct. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Magix photostory on DVD, 5 Sept. 2013
Not had a proper chance to use it , but I did a little slideshow and liked what I did.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Reliable - Too many glitches, 15 Feb. 2013
Peter Gracie (Southerness, Dumfries, Dumfriesshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I thought all the glitches would have been sorted out by now but this version is as bad as the previous one

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy., 10 April 2013
Excellent product, did much more than I thought it would. I would recommend it to anyone thinking of buying a good bit of quality software.

MAGIX Photostory on DVD 2013 Deluxe  (Anniversary Offer) incl. Photo Manager MX Deluxe