on 20 November 2012
This was recently on special at £130 and represents awesome value.

The lens is the newer all silver R version of the 40-150mm (80-300mm equivalent as micro four thirds is a 2x crop factor) - very lightweight as it is pretty much all plastic construction - even appears that the mount is too.

Initial impressions are that it is VERY sharp even through to almost the full 150mm telephoto end - it drops off a little at 140-150mm which is ok with me. It is also smaller and lighter that the 45-200mm Panasonic Lumix lens.

The PEN Street Case is the M (medium?) size and is a nice retro blue with white pinstripe and a discrete 'Olympus Pen' lettering on both sides. The lining is a proper padded camera bag lining in bright orange and has a velcro removeable divider. On one side of the bag there is a zipper pocket for memory cards etc.

I can fit my OM-D body, 12-50mm kit lens and the 45mm Olympus prime lens in there together. Perfect for a day out. At a push you could probably get the OM-D with 45mm prime and the Lumix GX1 with the 14mm or 20mm primes fitted.

Finally, the 8Gb Kingston SD card is a class 10 card so write times for both stills and video are pretty fast.

Thanks Amazon!
on 21 December 2012
I'm not a big camera person and this lens was the first telescopic zoom for me.
I'm still learning but so far I'm satisfied.
As I take closer shots more often, I do not use this lens very often. And this will be my first and last zoom lens.
I bought this when there's a promotion. I paid around 100 pounds and it came with the blue retro bag with it. I thought it was a very good deal.
on 14 November 2012
This kit is absolutely terrific value (on a special offer at a greatly reduced price, however even at full price you're getting something of a bargain given the optical quality of this lens) - the lens itself is one of those hidden gems with performance not far behind some of my top spec professional glass. These lenses look great in silver. The sharpness is good right through the zoom and aperture range, falling off only marginally towards the long end. Colour and contrast are good. Being so lightweight, it can go anywhere. Oh the joys of having good quality Micro 4/3 kit. The pouch is very handy, lined in felt with a removable Velcro divide, it can accommodate two Micro 4/3 lenses and batteries/cards etc in the front compartment. And of course a decent card is always welcome too. Highly recommended.
on 14 November 2013
This seemed too good to be true a£96 ,but it wasn't a total bargan ,the lens alone being first rate and as for the camera bag ,well it's compact and easily carries a couple of lenses and my Olympus pen body ,so very useful ! And they even throw in an 8 gb sd card !