4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, normal sized, phone
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:11 Mins
The S3 Mini is a brilliant handset. If you're looking for what I would consider a normal sized smartphone, one that can be operated in one hand, then this is the one for you. It's really nippy in use, the screen is crisp and clear and the buttons are in good places.

It comes pre-loaded with a choice of web browser, both of which are...
Published 10 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Great phone - disastrous service from Samsung
Published 7 months ago by davec

‹ Previous | 1 2 348 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb! If You Are Thinking of Upgrading - YES!, 21 Sep 2013
AlexKrycek "I Believe..." (Sheffield - England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini UK Sim Free Smartphone - Blue (Electronics)
I bought this phone for my wife who was using a Samsung Galaxy Ace, and had been for about 4 months. Having seen the phone on contract (Galaxy Ace), we decided to upgrade from her Blackberry (for obvious reasons). However, I have to say the Galaxy Ace has some real capacity/memory issues, almost in my opinion making the phone unusable. She kept getting an error message telling her the memory was low! Hence why when I saw this phone advertised on Amazon for just over 180, I decided to treat her and upgrade her again.

Personally I think the phone is excellent, representing real value for money, and significantly better than the Galaxy Ace. I have the iPhone 4S, and this is the first time I have used a Samsung - and I have to say I am beginning the think the iPhone is not as good as people might think. I was able to get the phone out of the box, and within the hour everything was set up and running. Interestingly, comparing the OS for the iPhone (iOS 7) v Samsung's Android OS (Jellybean 4.1), they are identical but different - I mean to say that the Android OS has a similar features to Apple but they work slightly different with the principle being the same. Most of the features link in to a Google+ account, so you can for example sync your contacts, diary, photos etc. However, what I do like is the Android OS itself. Perhaps I have been with Apple for so long, something new like this interests me. I will not go in to all the details in terms of spec, other than to say the phone is a pleasure to use. The icons move freely, swiping from side to side. There is no "lag" whilst using the internet, and the phone is packed with applications and features. I did consider the Mini IV, but to be honest, I was looking to at cost v features, and the III was spot on. I did not think this was too expensive, not too cheap. You can also pick up a case for a couple of pounds on Amazon. If you are thinking of upgrading for a newer model - go for it as you will not be disappointed - highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 10 Jan 2014
Arrived today, in the box was the phone, a charger, some earphones, a USB cable and some paperwork all in English. Phone itself is a zippy little thing, just short of 5GB of internal memory, I put a 16GB memory card in also so storage is not an issue. Very thin and light, it fits perfectly in your hand unlike its older brother the S3. The display is really crisp and bright. Camera is ok, I have no complaints, but time will tell. Highly recommend!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice phone, 6 Jan 2014
This is a brilliant phone for 100, which I got on Black Friday. The Mrs doesn't like anything high tech but she loves this little phone.
It's almost the same size as my IPhone 4, the screen and camara is fab. I am seriously considering upgrading my phone to a S4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone, 22 Jan 2013
This is a great phone. Its my first smartphone and so far it is good. I never waste time playing video games, downloading countless/pointless apps so I wouldn't be able to comment on these features. So far I've used the GPS, google maps, downloaded few relevant apps, browsed internet/watched online videos and all the other basic functionalities and it is a very good phone.

Internet speed is pretty impressive - RAM, processor speed etc are good enough for me.
Screen quality is very good if you don't compare this phone to s3, as a phone on its own its a great screen. Camera is just about average. I would use a proper camera for photographic purpose (makes more sense to me than using a phone and draining the battery and then not being able to make a call, which is the basic purpose of a phone)
For my usage, the battery life is excellent - a lot more than I expected from a typical smartphone.
The phone comes with 2 years Samsung warranty.
You don't have to cut your SIM size, it needs just the normal SIM which is a surprise.

Verdict: An excellent mid range phone in terms of size, speed, battery and all other basic functionalities for anybody who is looking for a phone with smart functions and not a tablet PC with phoning capabilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 30 Sep 2013
My Samsung Ace was coming to the end of it's life, having researched at what phone to get i decided to go for the Samsung S3 mini. WOW - i didn't realise how outdated my old phone until i used the S3 mini.

Quick and easy to use and has most of the features of an Iphone 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent phone that's not oversized, 15 Jun 2013
Many of today's phone are oversized and not very portable, this one is just right. Its also fast, takes an micro SD card with the option of using the SD memory before the phone memory. You can set the front camera to watch your eyes to prevent the screen switching off while you are using it. The screen resolution is fantastic and you can back-up the whole phone to you computer with the supplied program. A class act.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great phone - disastrous service from Samsung, 9 Jan 2014
I had the phone about a month when I started having problems with the phone just turning itself off and having to restart by removing/ replacing battery. The phone was sent to Samsung Service three times and when returned still had the same problem. This took a period of two months. Third time back to me about a week ago and it's still working - so hoping that it will be third time lucky.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 28 Sep 2013
Mr. G. Kouvatsis "Greg" (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
I paid aroun 173 from amazon for this phone. That's the same price that I paid for my HTC Wildfire S a few years ago. My how things have improved. My old phone kept running out of internal storage for apps, the battery life was abysmal.

On this phone, the battery life is very good, the screen is great, and the phone is very responsive.

Picture quality from the 5mp camera isn't great, and you're best off downloading photoshop express or something to bump up the saturation in the photos once you've taken them.

I do wish the back of the phone was a metal back (supposely the Galaxy S5 is going to have that when it comes out, using the same company that apple uses to make the backs for their phones etc), since the plastic back makes the phone feel a bit cheap and flimsy. Once you get a decent case for it though, it's a non issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it! And it uses standard SIM cards!, 25 Nov 2013
I've been after a smartphone for some time, however I was having a hard time finding a phone that uses standard SIM cards as nearly all new phones are micro sim only. And after doing some research found that the s3 mini is everything I could want in a phone, it's lightweight and just the right screen size (I personally thought the s3/s4 screens were too big). The screen is fantastic and still looks vibrant even with the brightness on low, it's quick,responsive and the camera is great for Instagram and everyday pictures. The only complaint I have is the battery life, however I think it's the norm these days for smartphone battery's to only last 24-36 hours, but turning off mobile data(3G) when not in use,lowering the brightness and clearing the RAM periodically in task manager helped boost the battery life considerably. All in all I'm very impressed with this phone :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone!, 21 Nov 2013
I bought this phone in November as a birthday present for my partner. He loves it, especially being able to get his work email on the phone which he has never been able to do on his old mobile which hadn't been updated for years.

The screen is bright, realistic and sharp. the camera is great there is so much detail when you zoom in on a picture. I also like the features like lifting it up to your head and calls the person you are texting etc. you can also mute a phone call or radio by simply turning the phone over on its face, you can tell it what to do with your voice without going onto S-voice for example I can say unlock and my phone unlocks itself; another great feature is security, with face recognition and voice recognition and pattern and pin and password there is one for everybody. also if you ever lose your phone you can simply log onto your Samsung a/c on a computer you track your phones whereabouts on a map live and also ring it, lock it, text it, block it and erase all the data from it whether it is on or off. if a thief changes your Sim card the phone will send a text to your selected contact saying that they have changed your Sim card and what the new Sim cards number is!!! Another feature is that you can zoom in and out of a picture by leaning the phone back and forth, when zoomed in you can move the phone around to move the viewpoint around the picture!

My favourite app is Temple Run, I have also tried Angry Birds but find this a bit annoying.

Pros: Built-in speakers, Bright display, Durable, Pebble blue colour, Lightweight, excellent features, clever motions

Cons: not found any

‹ Previous | 1 2 348 | Next ›