4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, normal sized, phone
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:11 Mins
The S3 Mini is a brilliant handset. If you're looking for what I would consider a normal sized smartphone, one that can be operated in one hand, then this is the one for you. It's really nippy in use, the screen is crisp and clear and the buttons are in good places.

It comes pre-loaded with a choice of web browser, both of which are...
Published 20 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone with some reliability issues
I bought this model for my husband at Christmas. The phone was brilliant & he was really happy with its ease of use, performance etc which is important as he is self employed & is his main point of contact for his customers. However by March the phone suddenly started switching itself off & rebooting itself for no reason & also said charging when not plugged in to a...
Published 14 months ago by Mrs Julie A Honcharenko

‹ Previous | 1 2 368 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Cracker For Sure..., 1 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Blue (Wireless Phone)
Firstly, i am the proud owner of an Iphone 4S which i have used for the last year for personal use. Had the previous Iphone too. So very much an apple fan.

However, when my employers told me to buy a phone for business reasons, the 02 shop had this Samsumg Galaxy S111 Mini on offer with unlimited calls, texts and 1GB data. I decided to take the plunge and i am so glad i did. The screen is a very good size, texts clearer than on my iphone to read, fast processor and generally all round good spec for the price. It`s a very nice piece of kit. I have now played around extensively with this phone for 3 days, set up everything possible and downloaded plenty of apps. It does a great job with everything. Never thought i would like anything as much as my iphone, but this really does come very close to matching it.I would strongly urge anyone to consider this if the Iphone is out out your price range. The phone is well built and pleasing on the eye. Well done Samsung, you have won me over and i am hard to please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 10 Jan. 2014
Arrived today, in the box was the phone, a charger, some earphones, a USB cable and some paperwork all in English. Phone itself is a zippy little thing, just short of 5GB of internal memory, I put a 16GB memory card in also so storage is not an issue. Very thin and light, it fits perfectly in your hand unlike its older brother the S3. The display is really crisp and bright. Camera is ok, I have no complaints, but time will tell. Highly recommend!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 'normal' sized phone on the market, 30 Nov. 2013
J. Casey (Lancaster, UK) - See all my reviews
Especially considering the price (I got mine for £150 from Amazon UK), this is easily the best value smartphone on the market. It does virtually everything that much more expensive phones (S3, S4, HTC One etc) do, but in a handset that actually fits in your hand! The back is nicely shaped for good grip and comfort (unlike the blocky S2), and the processor is more than capable of handling everything I've thrown at it, including some power-intensive games. The battery life is FANTASTIC - mine lasts around 20hrs with normal usage, and much longer if left idle for periods. Speakers are decent (for a phone), the screen is very bright and punchy, the camera is decent (although not great in low light compared to the S4), and it has some nifty extras such as NFC and eye detection. Have heard rumours of an update to 4.4 KitKat soon too...

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent phone that's not oversized, 15 Jun. 2013
Many of today's phone are oversized and not very portable, this one is just right. Its also fast, takes an micro SD card with the option of using the SD memory before the phone memory. You can set the front camera to watch your eyes to prevent the screen switching off while you are using it. The screen resolution is fantastic and you can back-up the whole phone to you computer with the supplied program. A class act.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone, 22 Jan. 2013
This is a great phone. Its my first smartphone and so far it is good. I never waste time playing video games, downloading countless/pointless apps so I wouldn't be able to comment on these features. So far I've used the GPS, google maps, downloaded few relevant apps, browsed internet/watched online videos and all the other basic functionalities and it is a very good phone.

Internet speed is pretty impressive - RAM, processor speed etc are good enough for me.
Screen quality is very good if you don't compare this phone to s3, as a phone on its own its a great screen. Camera is just about average. I would use a proper camera for photographic purpose (makes more sense to me than using a phone and draining the battery and then not being able to make a call, which is the basic purpose of a phone)
For my usage, the battery life is excellent - a lot more than I expected from a typical smartphone.
The phone comes with 2 years Samsung warranty.
You don't have to cut your SIM size, it needs just the normal SIM which is a surprise.

Verdict: An excellent mid range phone in terms of size, speed, battery and all other basic functionalities for anybody who is looking for a phone with smart functions and not a tablet PC with phoning capabilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, light and quick, 15 Oct. 2013
I have been using Sony Experia S for more than a year, I was a bit hesitant to buy Samsung Galaxy S3 mini, as on all comparison websites, Sony had better reviews.
I am very pleased this Samsung didn't let me down, it is lighter, smaller which makes it easy to hold in hands, good battery life, I finally get to listen to some songs on my phone without worrying too much about my phone going dead.
I bought the phone directly from Amazon, not from a third party seller, so it is sim free and not branded at all.
The phone works perfectly fine with Three Network.
Overall, this phone is a great buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a nice phone, 6 Jan. 2014
This is a brilliant phone for £100, which I got on Black Friday. The Mrs doesn't like anything high tech but she loves this little phone.
It's almost the same size as my IPhone 4, the screen and camara is fab. I am seriously considering upgrading my phone to a S4.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good phone especially for the technically uninitiated., 12 Nov. 2014
Reluctantly I have moved from the safety of my little old type Nokia phone. Now after a couple of weeks and help from my son I am getting to grips with it and I would never want to go back to my Nokia. My only criticism is the volume and on/off buttons are in the same positions on opposite sides of the phone so when you use one button you need to be careful otherwise you are pressing the other. The supplier sent the phone with a European charger and I had to wait 2 weeks to get a U.K. charger- I got to keep the original which will be useful. I have to re-charge it every day, but I understand this is normal. I bought the screen protectors which was a waste of money as I can never get to place it over the screen without loads of air bubbles. A really good phone especially for the technically uninitiated.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 28 Sept. 2013
Mr. G. Kouvatsis "Greg" (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
I paid aroun £173 from amazon for this phone. That's the same price that I paid for my HTC Wildfire S a few years ago. My how things have improved. My old phone kept running out of internal storage for apps, the battery life was abysmal.

On this phone, the battery life is very good, the screen is great, and the phone is very responsive.

Picture quality from the 5mp camera isn't great, and you're best off downloading photoshop express or something to bump up the saturation in the photos once you've taken them.

I do wish the back of the phone was a metal back (supposely the Galaxy S5 is going to have that when it comes out, using the same company that apple uses to make the backs for their phones etc), since the plastic back makes the phone feel a bit cheap and flimsy. Once you get a decent case for it though, it's a non issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it! And it uses standard SIM cards!, 25 Nov. 2013
I've been after a smartphone for some time, however I was having a hard time finding a phone that uses standard SIM cards as nearly all new phones are micro sim only. And after doing some research found that the s3 mini is everything I could want in a phone, it's lightweight and just the right screen size (I personally thought the s3/s4 screens were too big). The screen is fantastic and still looks vibrant even with the brightness on low, it's quick,responsive and the camera is great for Instagram and everyday pictures. The only complaint I have is the battery life, however I think it's the norm these days for smartphone battery's to only last 24-36 hours, but turning off mobile data(3G) when not in use,lowering the brightness and clearing the RAM periodically in task manager helped boost the battery life considerably. All in all I'm very impressed with this phone :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 368 | Next ›