4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, normal sized, phone
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:11 Mins
The S3 Mini is a brilliant handset. If you're looking for what I would consider a normal sized smartphone, one that can be operated in one hand, then this is the one for you. It's really nippy in use, the screen is crisp and clear and the buttons are in good places.

It comes pre-loaded with a choice of web browser, both of which are...
Published 9 months ago by Reviewify.co.uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Great phone - disastrous service from Samsung
I had the phone about a month when I started having problems with the phone just turning itself off and having to restart by removing/ replacing battery. The phone was sent to Samsung Service three times and when returned still had the same problem. This took a period of two months. Third time back to me about a week ago and it's still working - so hoping that it will...
Published 7 months ago by davec

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, normal sized, phone, 26 Oct 2013
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini UK Sim Free Smartphone - Blue (Electronics)
Length:: 2:11 Mins

It comes pre-loaded with a choice of web browser, both of which are very quick in use. The navigation bar buttons allows you to quickly adjust settings you won't need all the time (and so don't want a widget on the desktop) but do need often enough to make delving into menus a pain (e.g. bluetooth or wifi).

This is a great mid range phone you can easily pop in your pocket/bag. The only issue for me is that although it feels well built, Samsung have used a slippy plastic on the back. On this sized phone it's not too bad, but a nice finish on the back would've made this a five star phone for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic phone, 19 Dec 2012
I've had this phone for over a week now. I was a little worried reading the reviews on here, but I totally happy with this great little phone.

Really I wanted the capabilities of its larger brother/sister, but because I like to put the phone in my pocket, I prefer the small size phone.

I use my phone for work emails (Outlook at work), personally emails/internet/camera photos/videos/games and social updates like Facebook.

First of all the phone looks amazing, its thin, well made and the screen is a great size, even if its not wow factor amazing resolution compared to others out there, it looks amazing to me. Photos look fantastic on here, the camera has a slight pause (milliseconds) but they look good and so does the video.

Use of the phone is easy. It gives you help when you first turn on the phone, shows you how to set up all your accounts, how to play with the many features the phone has like calling the contact you are on by lifting the phone to your ear etc...you can turn them on and off as you desire in settings.

The phone is very responsive, some say not as fast as the S3 but you wouldn't notice it. It's quick and flicking between pages and settings is quick and easy. Infact it feels very smooth and I like it.

I love the notifications bar, you can turn wifi/mobile/blutooth on and off very quickly without having to faff about in the settings menu. You can also put your phone on power save function for when its low and you don't have a charger.

The internet browser (Chrome and its default one) are both very quick, connecting to pages on wifi and GPS is very quick, I was surprised how good it was compared to my old HTC.

Answering a call is good, I have the option to send a text to say I'll call them back, I love that feature, I use it a lot on work calls.

The pre-loaded widgets/apps are excellent, not much else is needed really, I love Google maps on it, much better than competitors apps.

Overall, I have, so far, had a brilliant experience with this phone. It's quick, looks great, feels great in the hand and the battery lasts me two days, thats with average use on the internet and looking at work/personal emails.

The one thing I have noticed is that it has turned itself off once or twice, but what phone doesn't anyway.

If you love the S3 but want a smaller/cheaper alternative then you can't go wrong with this great phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, 26 Nov 2013
This is my first smart phone and I've had it a few days.
I'm impressed with the screen which is nice and clear. I'm all fingers and thumbs when it comes to texting and can never seem to hit the right letters, but this isn't a fault with the phone. What I've found really good is S voice so I dictate all my texts now and it rarely makes mistakes, even when I was outside with noise in the background, which surprised me and it's so much quicker than typing. You do have to add punctuation, unless I'm missing a trick, but I've not found that to be a problem. I've even put events on S planner by voice and I've asked it some general questions and it speaks the answers.
I've watched some TV on it and the image is sharp and doesn't seem to lag and the sound is good. I've also taken a few photos and they have come out nice as well.
Phone calls are clear, which is the point of a phone after all.
If I have one criticism is that the choice of ringtones aren't that great and I wish they were a bit louder. But my son says you can put other ringtones on it so I'll probably do that at a later date.
The phone seems well built and I'm very pleased with it. I've been playing with it a lot and have had the wi-fi on often and the battery lasts about a day.
It comes with a UK charger, a lead for the computer, earphones with 4 different sizes of ear buds and a 2 year guarantee.
Very pleased I bought this one and I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best 'normal' sized phone on the market, 30 Nov 2013
J. Casey (Lancaster, UK) - See all my reviews
Especially considering the price (I got mine for 150 from Amazon UK), this is easily the best value smartphone on the market. It does virtually everything that much more expensive phones (S3, S4, HTC One etc) do, but in a handset that actually fits in your hand! The back is nicely shaped for good grip and comfort (unlike the blocky S2), and the processor is more than capable of handling everything I've thrown at it, including some power-intensive games. The battery life is FANTASTIC - mine lasts around 20hrs with normal usage, and much longer if left idle for periods. Speakers are decent (for a phone), the screen is very bright and punchy, the camera is decent (although not great in low light compared to the S4), and it has some nifty extras such as NFC and eye detection. Have heard rumours of an update to 4.4 KitKat soon too...

4.0 out of 5 stars Its a little beauty!, 29 Nov 2012
K. Jewison (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I have tried the Galaxy S3 and although it is without doubt the best Android phone (IMO) on the market, it is also one of the biggest and a bit of a trouser filler to say the least. The S3 mini by comparison is a little beauty and just the right size for a trouser pocket or a handbag. Now I know the S3 mini hasn't got the same spec as the S3, notably the screen and the quad core processor but it has got a great spec in its own right and is a great handset in everyday use. The camera is fast and produces good results in good light and the S3 mini runs well on Android Jellybean. Many people have seen my S3 mini and thought it was the S3 until I explain the difference at which point they usually say how nice it looks and they would love one. Its always going to be a matter of personal choice with any phone but I can readily recommend the S3 mini to any potential buyer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I've ever had, 9 Feb 2013
I had bought a Galaxy Ace and although at first I thought it was wonderful, I soon discovered its lack of internal memory, something like 200 MB, which is simply ridiculous nowadays. I was so disappointed that in 2 months I was getting rid of it. I had bought my husband a Galaxy S3, and he totally loves it; however, for my little hands, that phone is way too big, so I decided to give the S3 mini a go. I couldn't be more impressed! It's a wonderful phone, with a good amount of memory (8GB) which can be expanded with the use of an SD card. The phone is slim and its design is simply beautiful and its normal size is perfect for me, I also find it quite fast when I am using it. I love the fact that I can download any app I want as there is enough room for everything I need. I've also bought one of those flip covers, which opens sideways and it makes your phone look fantastic. Setting up all my email accounts was also very easy and I'm also really impressed with its voice search. The only thing I don't like much about it is the battery that doesn't last long but to be honest, I guess this is a problem most smartphones have considering the amount of functions they have. I love the fact that I receive Facebook and email notifications in real time. I couldn't recommend this phone highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I'd hoped for, 26 Jan 2013
P. Evans - See all my reviews
The small screen on my Nokia E72 was becoming a pain so I set about looking for something to replace it. I read review after review after review and checked out several smartphones at my local Orange shop, here in France.

One of my priorities was that the phone should fit comfortably into the front pocket of my jeans and should be easy and comfortable to use as a phone (which is it's main purpose after all!). That immediately ruled out all the new and widely hyped larger 'phablets' like the Galaxy S3, Galxy Note, Nexus 4, etc. An iPhone just wasn't an option as I've never wished to be trapped in the control-freak world of Apple.

Most of the reviews I read criticised the Galaxy S3 mini as being "slow in comparison to the S3 and the Nexus 4" and as "having a screen a little below today's standard". Well let me say that all that is complete rubbish. Perhaps if you're using lab techniques to take speed measurements then maybe a geek will find that there is a nano-second or two difference but IN PRACTICAL USE the Galaxy S3 mini shows no lag, no slowness of operation, and the screen is perfect. As a professional photographer, I can confidently say that no normal person will see anything lacking in the S3 mini's screen at all. It is bright, with lovely colours and deep blacks, and the text and photos displayed are crisp and a joy to look at.

It fits my needs perfectly especially as, unlike the Nexus4 or the iPhone it will take an external micro-SD memory card up to 64gb

And finally, the audio quality in phone conversations is excellent both ways and is perfect when used with a hearing aid - as was not the case with my Nokia E72, the position of which I had to keep adjusting in order to hear properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Cracker For Sure..., 1 Dec 2012
Firstly, i am the proud owner of an Iphone 4S which i have used for the last year for personal use. Had the previous Iphone too. So very much an apple fan.

However, when my employers told me to buy a phone for business reasons, the 02 shop had this Samsumg Galaxy S111 Mini on offer with unlimited calls, texts and 1GB data. I decided to take the plunge and i am so glad i did. The screen is a very good size, texts clearer than on my iphone to read, fast processor and generally all round good spec for the price. It`s a very nice piece of kit. I have now played around extensively with this phone for 3 days, set up everything possible and downloaded plenty of apps. It does a great job with everything. Never thought i would like anything as much as my iphone, but this really does come very close to matching it.I would strongly urge anyone to consider this if the Iphone is out out your price range. The phone is well built and pleasing on the eye. Well done Samsung, you have won me over and i am hard to please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone!, 18 Jun 2013
I'm not a great fan of iphone, so decided to buy samsung. Smaller screen, but the mini version is just what I wanted, fits my pocket. Colours are vivid and sharp. Absolutely no complaints about the system. Recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Good upgrade, 18 April 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have upgraded my previous phone to this one. Now I am not one for technology but all my friends and family have iphones etc and encouraged me to upgrade. I normally only use a mobile for making calls and texting. I will admit to feeling phased when I first started using this phone but within a day I felt comfortable using it.

My review will not talk about spec etc as to be honest when deciding whether to buy this phone I read loads of reviews most of which went straight over my head!

My previous phone did have a touch screen so I am used to that. What I am not used to is texting with a qwerty keyboard but whilst it has taken a bit of getting used to, the predictive texting is speedy as it prompts you with a choice of 3 words and even predicts which word you are about to use next. You can turn the phone on its side to enlarge the keyboard. Another texting option is by voice recognition.

The camera on my old phone was basically rubbish so anything is an improvement. This camera is good but I wouldn't say it is as good as the photos/videos that the iphone produces (as viewed on my friends phones).

I have downloaded apps which is easy enough to do for a technophobe! To be honest, my kids can work this phone better than me and keep showing me all sorts!

The battery is not great but I presume thats due to the internet useage etc (and my kids playing the games!) It only lasts around a day before needing charging again.

I chose the 'blue' coloured phone. It's a metallic blue colour and in different light looks black. I have ordered a case and a screen protector as 'little hands' have covered it in fingerprints!

Edited to add: I was pleased with the case I ordered which came with a pen. I find the phone much easier to work using the pen. All in all, I am pleased with this phone and would recommend it.