5.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Travel System

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusably dangerous
Published 15 months ago by John

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Solid Travel System, 11 April 2014
Bought this in the end of January, and got it a excellent price. Put it all together to test, fits together perfectly, with no problems at all. Had a good play around with it in the lounge and very happy with it. Baby not here till July, so packed away till then. Got the Hauck ISOFix Base as well to go with the car seat, tried and test, works well with no problems. (BMW 1 series)

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to push around, 31 Oct. 2014
Fast delivery, easy to push around, only downfall is the instruction manual isnt very clear but once figured out how to assemble i was happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value according to its price, 15 Jun. 2014
I have bought it for myself and for 3 others families and we are happy and satisfied...It meets all the requirements and expectations. Very easy to assemble and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of the models I saw were a pain to interchange bits and pieces but this system has a nice click in click out system, 31 Dec. 2014
Did a lot of pram searching in store before buying this online. Astonished at the quality compared to the price. A lot of the models I saw were a pain to interchange bits and pieces but this system has a nice click in click out system. That said, the instructions are PANTS. Several times while building this afternoon I've been turning the stupid instruction booklet upside down and exclaiming. Now that I've got it, though, it all seems simple enough.

Very happy with what I've got for the money I paid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Aug. 2012
G. Convery "Boondock" (ireland) - See all my reviews
Excellent product. Very good value and well put together. Would recommend to a friend. Buggy easily collapsible. All you really need is a isofix seat lock.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, 29 Dec. 2014
Very happy with this pushchair, it's a lovely colour very sterdy, easy to put together. I was a bit dubious about the car seat as seen other reviews but it's fine in my car I have a saloon it's very sterdy no movement once strapped in properly. I would strongly recommend, one of the nicest I have seen and I had been looking for 1 for a while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusably dangerous, 24 Nov. 2013
Make sure you test out in a shop before you buy! We assumed it would be ok because of the great amazon reviews. Everything about this travel system is fine except for the car seat. We tried it in our car and with a little shaking it flipped over - it would have tipped baby out! So we bought the isofix base to go with it, which did not attach well enough and shaked about a lot when driving. We took the car seat and base to mothercare to see if we were setting it up wrong. No, they thought it was dangerous too. They pointed out that the base of the carseat is curved, unlike others, making it very unstable. We bought a different isofix and standalone car seat to fit in it, which barely wobbles. My advice is to go to a shop - mothercare or john lewis or somewhere. These places let you try out a variety of carseats to see which is best. Maybe it was just our car which didn't work with this seat, but the people at mothercare didn't seem to think so. Anyway, try before you buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended-better than most leading brands, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: hauck Apollo All-in-One Travel System (Night) (Baby Product)
Great value for money. We've got a 9 week old baby and this system has proven a must have. Really lightweight but not flimsy or cheap feeling. The car seat clicks in an out of the pram frame easily. Got the isofix for the car and is so hassle free. No worrying about straps and belts when in a rush or in the bad weather. The cot is so cosy. Baby(since birth now 9 weeks) sleeps for hours while I'm out and about. We keep the hood on the frame so when the weather is bad like it has been, we just close both of them and baby is snug and protected. And the 'ride' is very smooth for baby. A was always worried when I had my baby how I was gonna still push a baby around and still do a descent shop but with this has such a big shopping basket I'm able to load it up.
Changing bag wasn't great as funny shape so just got one from argos but that's a minor.
People usually go for the usual branded prams which cost a fortune but I highly recommend this product. No fault at all

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, 7 Dec. 2013
Purchased this product in advance of the arrival of our new baby and overall, really pleased with the product. As its our first child, i was in no mood to take any chances, so i looked at a number of travel systems before deciding on this one. After the recent negative reviews about its excessive movement i decided to test the product and was ready to give it back should it not be up to scratch. I have to admit, i've been impressed with it so far.

We bought this product from the Mothercare outlet in the Oxford retail outlet park and the staff their were fantastic. We had a list of things we wanted to get and the staff were very patient, answered all our questions and were happy to show us a number of different products. I cant speak highly enough of the staff at the Mothercare retail outlet in Oxford retail park. On a busy weekend, with a sale going on and in the run up to Xmas we had at any time up to 3 members of staff showing us everything from Cots, bedding and travel systems.

They explained in detail what to look for in the travel system and after narrowing it down to 3 - Hauck Colt, Apollo and Graco Evo - helped us determined that the Apollo offered us the best value for our money, it includes everything you need to get your baby safely from A to B in all weather conditions and all positions.

For ease of use, we bought the ISO Fix system and for the extra money, i have to say its worth it. Initially, the fixings and clasps are a little stiff, so you have to apply a little pressure to get the fixings out and fixed into your car but once out and fixed, they don't move which is reassuring. The seat then inserts on to the base and that's it. To get the seat out, all you do is push down on the front leaver and lift the seat out. Quick, simple and easy.

Delivery of the product from Hauck was also speedy (we thought we had left it late) but having ordered the product on the Saturday, it was delivered by the following Tuesday.

Once fitted into the car, i took it out for a test around Oxford and asked my wife to keep an eye on it for excessive movement, i chose a route with lost's of bends and roundabouts and she confirmed that it didn't move. Not content with that, i asked my brother who has a 2 year old son, to help me re do the test the following morning but at higher speed (my brothers son wasn't in the car with us), and he confirmed the same. He was so impressed, he said he wished he had bought something similar when his son was born.

My only gripe and its a minor one, is that the instructions for assembly don't have any words, only pictures, so it might take a little time to figure everything out. For example, i missed the fact that you have to take the cross bar off to get it to fold easily and my brother pointed that out. However, from unpacking to initial assembly only took 10 - 15 minutes and by that i mean everything unpacked and assembled at least once. And i don't think this is an issue just with Hauck. Later in the week, we got our Cot delivered and the instructions were all in pictures as well but again it was fully assembled, adjusted and positioned within 15 - 20 minutes.

For the money, i'm not sure its possible to buy a better product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well thought out product, 6 April 2013
Arrived in Australia within a few days!! Excellent delivery!

To address others concerns:
* Hard to put together wheel nuts - true it is a little tricky. These little plastic nuts and covers require a thumb of steel. But I found if you put them in on an angle at first then push, they went on quite easily. There are only two wheels that need these nuts so no biggy.

* Confusing instructions - depends how bad you are at following picture instructions. Its all in pictures, like Ikea do. I didn't find them a problem and they helped me set up the wheels and main components. Just follow the pictures! However the set up stages for the stroller are a tad confusing I must admit but really, after the wheels are on, you can really make out what goes where on your own. There are not that many components so you can't go too wrong.

I give it a harsh 4/5 as Hauck decided to paint silver on the wheel rims. This silver paint comes off easier than a lotto scratchy ticket. They should have just left it bare. After such a well thought out product, I don't get why the designers got cheap and lazy with this small aspect.

However, I am thrilled with this package as a whole. I'll update this review when I get to actually test it out with a bub in it, but until then I wholeheartedly recommend this product.

Notes: $500 AUS delivered down-under (cheaply made second hand ones here go for over $600 without such a good design)
The Isofix base is actually illegal to use in a car here in Australia. Go figure! Not illegal to import purely for study purposes though.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›