5.0 out of 5 stars if you like Kinsella you will like this
Published 20 months ago by samantha sanchez

3.0 out of 5 stars cute easy read
enjoyed this book though found it a bit one dimensional. no great depth in the characters though they were likable . the plot was simple with little challenge but satisfying to read as a short indulge .
Published 13 months ago by Mrs Samantha G Temp

5.0 out of 5 stars if you like Kinsella you will like this, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
It's sweet, it's funny and can be read in one sitting, though you may need an extra glass of wine to go with this frivolous tale of love and temptation. Erin Brady needs more recognition than she receives as an author in this category. It is chic-lit 'Cosmo' style, the plot is tried and tested in other guises, girl with guy, girl wants more from guy, meets another guy, works out what she really wants...but let's face it, chic-lit is feel good humour with a touch of pink lipstick and sassy heels. This is perfect for the genre, sweet not sexy, sassy not sultry and can be read at a mile a minute. If you have read 'the undomestic goddess' then this is an abridged version in much the same style. Enjoy it as a quick read, or on a short haul flight to somewhere hot and sandy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, flirty and fantastic!, 13 Jan. 2013
Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Paperback)
I was SO excited when The Shopping Swap arrived in the post this week! In fact, I was so thrilled with the book that I completely left my to-read pile behind and immediately started on this! I had the amazing opportunity to read and review Erin's last book, `And The Winner Is..' (which if you haven't read then please check out because it is one not to be missed!), and so I was really looking forward to reading this one!

So, imagine you're in a relationship with a career-minded-man, you've been together for years and you've been hoping he'll finally take the next step and make that commitment, because lets face it - you want marriage, children, a pet, you want to spend the rest of your life with him! However the problem is that your man is so focused on his very important career that it's just slipped his mind. It's fine really, all he needs is a little encouragement, right? And what better way to focus his attention back on you than to create an amazingly romantic night that he won't be forgetting in a hurry! So you spend half of your salary on the sexiest black lingerie you can find (because there's no way he'll fail to notice you in that!), buy him his favourite steak (the way to a man's heart usually starts through his stomach ladies, remember that!), add a few candles (lets be honest here - candles work wonders not only to set the romantic mood but it makes us look great too!) So that's candles - check. Romantic dinner - check. Sexy lingerie - ...Wait...where the hell is the sexy lingerie?...

This is the exact situation Maggie Andrew finds herself in, and instead of the sexy underwear Maggie was planning to put on for her attorney boyfriend Richard, instead she has shopping bag with a housecoat in. A housecoat - possibly the least sexiest outfit in the world. The next day Maggie returns to the expensive Crandall's Department Store and runs into Benjamin Sanders, quite literally...cringe. However, this chance meeting with the handsome Ben and the case of the mystery shopping bag may turn her life in a direction she'd never have expected....

What can I say? I LOVED this story! The thing I like about Erin's writing is that it's so easy to read, the words flow together so well and you become so engrossed in the story that before you know it you're half way through! I love that the writing is so real and any woman out there can always relate to it, for example, Maggie's cooking her boyfriend Richard steak, and being distracted by getting ready, she burns the whole lot. Being the optimist, Maggie has a plan. She quickly places an order with the local steakhouse - it's fine, in an hour it'll turn up and all she has to do is plate the food up, and pretend she's been slaving away in the kitchen - he'll never know a thing. FANTASTIC! Part of me was crying with laughter and the other half was incredibly impressed, I just wanted to high-5 her and praise her for such quick thinking! Though I admit, it has given me a few ideas should anything like that ever happen to me!

The characters have been brilliantly thought out and written. Maggie is a person that every woman out there will relate to in some way, she's very likeable, she could easily be my best friend! And the best thing about Maggie is that she had me rooting for her the whole way, laughing with her, cringing with her, everything. I felt as though I knew her personally and it was wonderful to spend time with her. Janie is just fantastic - she's hilarious! You will all have a friend like this - the one who calls you and insists you go out on dates, take all these opportunities as if you're doing it for her as well as for yourself, and expects a full report afterwards! Janie made me smile and I really did look forward to the parts that she was in. Benjamin....well, he is handsome! He is charming, polite, funny, everything you could want in a man! I swear throughout the book I was the equivalent of Janie...forever urging Maggie to meet up with him because I wanted more!

I really can't say much more without giving everything away but please read The Shopping Swap! It is fun, it is flirty, it will have you crying with laughter, and I mean tears streaming down your face crying with laughter! The flirtation and romance in the story is fantastic, I personally felt like I was on a first date whilst reading it, with butterflies and high-pitched squealing, I got so involved and excited for the characters! After finishing the book, the first thing I wanted to do was open the first page and read again - It is just spectacular! Erin Brady has excelled with The Shopping Swap! This is a must-read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent girls book, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
Great to read made me laugh sort of knew the ending, would recommend for a light hearted read good for a long trip

5.0 out of 5 stars I read this in one sitting, 20 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
Oh such a delightful,funny,lovely story. I sat one Sunday morning and read it from start to finish and loved every single bit. It is a heart warming happy love story with a perfect plot. Read it and I know you will enjoy it as much as I did. More from this author us on my reading list already

5.0 out of 5 stars Really glad I read it, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
Not really into the "girlie" type reads but I am glad that I went with my gut and bought this.... really enjoyed the book from the start to the end, if you like looking like your insane and laughing out loud to books this is a must read for you!

3.0 out of 5 stars cute easy read, 26 May 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining clean fun, 24 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
Loved the the climax could imagine actually there.
Alice was the real star.
Nice conclusion to the easy light hearted book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & Funny!, 18 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
This was a great read. Brilliant characters and a super storyline which had me captivated from the beginning.
I couldn't put this book down!

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpected great read, 10 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
I didn't expect to like this quite as much as i did :) its total fairytale fiction with some harsh reality mixed in but over all a great read for any romantic :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Shopping Swap (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable story which was easy to read with one sit and cut of coffee. Definitely recommend for someone that likes love stories.

The Shopping Swap