Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 8 July 2013
When I saw this book, it looked very interesting. I "looked inside". The contents page led the me to understand there were many different patterns in the book. But on arrival I found only two different crochet patterns i.e. the traditional granny square and the hexagon pictured on the front of the book. The different afghans were just various colour combinations of the two patterns (square and hexagon). So it was not as I had expected.
on 15 October 2012
Having enjoyed crocheting for years I couldn't resist this book.

I found it had very detailed and clear instructions for beginners and a nice variety of patterns.

It made me want to start one today!
on 2 June 2013
This is a beautiful, colourful collection of vintage afghans that you can make from scrap yarn. The guide is suitable for people with basic skills in crotchet. The great thing about the full colour images is that you can zoom in to take a closer look. Clear instructions are provided along with a section about crochet terms and abbreviations.
on 6 July 2013
To be of best use to me, this book needs to be in colour format. I would have been happier to pay more for it if it was in full colour like the cover.
on 15 May 2013
The patterns are great and easy to follow with the addition of charts. It would be good to have more info on the source of the original pattern included. The patterns would be suitable for beginners who know the basic stitches and can crochet in the round. The colours are bright and modern.
on 19 June 2013
Very disappointed with this book! Not a lot of money and didn't expect much but even so I'd have thought the photos would be in colour, the only colour is the cover. There are only 6 patterns, written and charted. You can find soooo much better for free on the net. Don't waste for money and surf instead. :0(
on 2 March 2013
Very speedy delivery but I have bought a similar book and there were lots of colourful pictures to see. When you are learning to crotchet it's good to see photos of the finished item than drawings.
on 25 April 2013
Very pleased to find this lovely book with such lovely patterns. Can't wait to choose which one to make. Thanks, Gilly.
on 5 October 2014
This is a booklet of 42 pages using vintage afghan patterns from the 30's. The colour illustrations are all on the cover, and the whole interior is printed in black and white, presumably as the patterns were originally. It has symbol instructions as well as the usual written ones. There are hexagons, more hexagons, and even more hexagons. Also, squares and circles. Only 6 projects in all.
on 19 September 2015
I really love doing afghans and blankets and this book is one that I really like working from. It has novel patterns and different skill levels which enabled me to stretch myself and grow my skill levels. I recommend this book to experts, beginners and all those in between. A good way to use up all those scraps of wool you have left over from other projects.