Unapologetic [Deluxe Edition]
Format: Audio CDChange
Price:£8.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 19 November 2012
First off, this album is no LOUD or GOOD GIRL GONE BAD. This is an album with a complex sound, some may even say Rated R:2. A mixture of sounds are combined to make this albium, and perhaps make it Rihannas strongest yet.

The album kicks off with "Phresh off the runway". An urban track with elements of rap. This seems to be a love/hate track with a lot of people, as it is far from rihannas "pop" tracks such as "umbrella". This track is the kind of thing Nicki Minaj would release, and I for one think it suits rihanna too. She experimented and pulled it off in my opinion. 9/10

"Diamonds" is the lead single of the album and also the 2nd track. A beautiful song with meaningful lyrics, and a nice refreshing sound contrasted with the urban tracks. 10/10

Rihanna teams up with Eminem to produce "Numb", and whilst the chorus may seem a bit repetitive (with "I'm going numb" repeated 50 times), the vicals and instrument makes this track strangely addictive, and Eminem even mentions "I love the way you lie girl", referencing their huge hit together. 9/10

"Pour it up" is another "urban" sound, with Rihanna lamenting "all I see is signs, all I see is dollar signs....money on my mind, money money on my mind". Quite a catchy track, can't see it being released as a single though. 8/10

"Loveeee song" is a lot more of a "pop" song, a duet with "future". This is the kind of song that rihanna would have had on 1 of her earlier albums such as "good girl gone bad." A relaxing easy listening song. 8/10

"Jump" is possibly my favourite track in the album, with rihanna experimenting with Dubstep. I had it in my head all day, and it's so different to anything Rihannas put out before. I recommend everyone listen to this track. 10/10

The only real "club banger" follows with "Right now" with David Guetta. This is the obvious second single and will be huge in clubs. Here is a song thats reminiscent of "don't stop the music", and "where have you been" and of course, "whos that chick." 9/10

The album tones down now, with a powerful ballad "What now". You feel the pain in this song and the vocals are strong. I wouldn't be surprised if this was released as a single at some point. 8.5/10

Another beautiful ballad continues with "Stay" which is slightly slower. This is a contender for Rihannas best ballad of all time. She teams with Mikky Ekko to make this track, and again, you can feel the emotion in the vocals. 9/10

"Nobodies business" with Chris Brown is up next. A lot of controversy has been caused by this pairing, but ignoring all that, it's a catchy track and very 80s. 8.5/10

"love without tragedy/mother mary" is the longest song. Love without Tragedy should have been longer, and it's own track in my opinion. If it was it would be one of the best on the album. Mother mary is one of rihannas most personal tracks, although too long. 7.5/10

"Get it over with" is the weakest song on the album. It is a definate filler. Think the album could have done without it, it's very bland and not catchy in the slightest. However it may put you in a calming mood. 5/10

It wouldn't be a rihanna album without a reggae-esque track, and thats exactly what "No love allowed" is. This is the "Man down" of "Unapologetic." Definately one of the best tracks of the album, very catchy and addicting. 10/10

Another brilliant song follows, "Lost in paradise." It is meangingful and catchy at the same time. It has an almost "rock" feel to it. I'd love if this was a single. 10/10

The bonus track "Half of me" does not let the album down. Rihannas real voice is speaking through this song, which makes it so potent. Ends the album off well. 9/10

Overall, I'd recommend everyone try this album out, it may suprise you. There's so many different sounds, I doubt anyone won't find atleast one song they like.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 4 May 2013
It is always exciting to hear a Rihanna album, because she always incorporates some interesting "sounds" on her albums (such as "Man Down" on her fifth album "Loud". So "Unapologetic" is album number 7 for Rihanna, and it really sounds refreshing and different from other albums out in the market, while still remaining current.

The album kicks off with "Fresh off the Runway", aptly titled with it refreshing sound, before moving on to the number 1 hit "Diamonds". She also collaborated with David Guetta on the dance track "Right Now", which is in the vein of "We Found Love", another great clubbing track I suppose.

Other tracks that I like on the album include "What Now", "Stay" and "Half of Me", where she showcases her vocals. And her performance of "Stay" on SNL was really amazing as well. It really surprised me that she can do such stripped-down performances. On the album version of "Stay", she duets with Mikky Ekko, whom I cannot really find information on. It sounds great as well, though I do prefer the solo version more. Another track that is quite personal would be "Half of Me". Somehow it just sounds different when a provocative and "loud" person like Rihanna do songs like these, and it sort of makes her more human in a way, less of a celebrity, if you get what I mean. "Love Without Tragedy/ Mother Mary" is quite a favourite as well, and it is quite reveals quite a bit of her personal matters, and sometimes she sounds quite vulnerable on the track as well (especially on the later half).

Of course there is also the controversial track "Nobody's Business" where she duets with Chris Brown. Enough said.

One thing that I do not really like would be the content and subject matter that are touched on in the lyrics. I find it inappropriate sometimes, especially for teenagers, and Rihanna is quite a big influence on pop culture, so I thought... Maybe it is just that I am a bit more conservative... then again, would you want your children to be listening to things like that?

All in all, I thought "Unapologetic" is a very well-crafted album on the whole - very current, refreshing, and sometimes even personal.
on 18 June 2013
Well, after the two mediocre albums that Rihanna produced over the past couple of years, I was surprised that there could be any recovering! "Loud" and "Talk that Talk" consisted of recycled generic beats with sex-laden cheap lyrics and just sex, sex and more sex and the whole thing seemed OTT and boring.

I was expecting the same cheap formula that Rihanna's team had been feeding the masses on the past two disasters but "Unapologetic" is an album Rihanna should never need to apologise to. My favourite tracks are the dub-inspired "Jump" and "What Now", so, SO catchy! Wasn't keen on "Fresh Out the Runway" at all at first but it's grown on me and sounds like it belongs on "Rated R" (yup, that's a good thing). "Half of me" is a fantastic ballad but is only on the Deluxe Edition I believe?

Chris Brown makes a real impression on "Nobody's Business", a bit of catchy funk covering Michael Jackson, think Pharrell Williams. "Numb" and "Pour it Up" are very catchy R&B tracks, nothing outstanding but they just wanna make you sing and sing to them!

Not one thriller on this album! Honestly thought Ri's career went right down the generic train, but she came up with this! Well done Rihanna.
on 27 February 2013
I have been checking this MP3 out for a while but couldn't make up my mind. I ran through the tracks once again and decided that I definitely liked it. Upon playing some of the songs I wasn't overly impressed by the amount of bad language. I know that it is regarded as de-rigeur these days but is so much absolutely necessary? That aside the songs are excellent and are in true Rihanna style. I know that a cleaner version can be downloaded and I could have done that but then would it have been truly Rihanna? It's a good album with great songs I just think that some of them are a little excssive with the swearing
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Who would have thought I was a Rihanna fan? Not me...
Turns out I was wrong. I have a wide taste in music, and brought this album after having heard Diamonds (along with the rest of the world) and Jump in a café somewhere.
I thought I'd give it a try, and was amazed by the fact I like every track - love most of them, and repeatedly play six of them again and again and....
If you've never thought of trying Rihanna before, DO. This is a great place to start.
Who would have thought I was a Rihanna fan? Me!
on 3 August 2013
Great mixture of hits and unknown songs. I have all of Rihanna's albums and this is my favorite. Buy it!
on 4 February 2015
Fast Prompt Delivery by a very good reliable seller. As for the the album its excellent. Unapologetic is a definite move forward in Rihanna's career.The overall album sounds like Rated R Part 2 in terms of a more urban,complicated sound along with RiRi's amazing vocals .Perfect examples of this is No Love Allowed/Pour It Up which are my favorites so far.All in All I give this album 9/10.
on 30 January 2013
Quick delivery, came pretty quickly. When it came, opened it and it was in very good condition. Played it and played it and played it and was absolutely fine. Good quality sound, a great CD for anyone interested in Rihanna. The tracks "What Now?" "Nodoby's Business" and "Stay" are my favourites.
on 31 December 2013
I got this album when my mum bought me my Diamonds World Tour tickets, the wait for this album was defo worth it, like it from start to finish, I have all if her albums and they are all equally amazing...I'm not just saying it as a Rihanna fan but I would defo recommend this album to any Rihanna fan
on 12 June 2013
A good mixture of tunes on this album. First album of Rihanna's i have purchased.... Personally, i don't like her earlier work but liking her more and more as she develops as an artist. Would recommend this album to anyone who enjoyed what she had in the charts during the 1st 6 months of 2013.