on 22 December 2013
The best headphones I have ever heard. Nothing comes even close to what these excel in (that is reproducing music). I listen to all sorts of stuff, Lots of vocals, jazz, folk, punk, funk, reggae, dance, world music, dub, pop, electronic. I have a very eclectic taste. I like both old & modern music.

Sig DJ's lose a lot of points for having recessed mids which is not really ideal for pianos, wind instruments, guitars or vocals. The overall balance of sound is far from perfect. They have the classic V-Sound popular with lesser headphones, slightly boosted bass & treble. Don't let me put you off, Read on.

The sound-stage is amazing on these, possibly because of the S-Logic?? As soon as you get them on your head you immediately realize that you have reached into far higher echelons. Sig DJ's are very analytical, you'll hear the singers breathing, footsteps in the studio, the passion & soul of the artist, every single detail is there. For every point lost over the recessed mids, they gain a hundred points for the awesome clarity, they are so well detailed with incredibly accurate sound reproduction. Superb clearly defined bass that never bleeds into the mids, the treble is all soft and velvety, they are never sibilant. The mids although recessed are always a joy to listen to. Yes I wish the mids were more upfront but I'm not complaining, nobody's perfect. These headphones sound amazing. They can go incredibly loud without distortion. The Sig DJ's are an impressive creature, I am in love, they are IMO my first true audiophile headphones. They come close to listening to high quality loudspeakers. I have HD650's the Sig DJ's leave them standing 10 miles behind. The Sig DJ's are true giant slayers. Thank you - Ultrasone :)

Comfort is pretty good 4/5. Build Quality 5/5. Sound Quality 5/5. Isolation 5/5
on 22 September 2013
High quality headphones.Pretty much the best 'dj' cans you can buy. I wanted a set that would sound good with both audiophile quality flac files to relax with, and good quality mp3 dance music for mixing. It does the job, although is a compromise, as there are better headphones for audiophile music, as some clarity is lost on these, and mp3 (320) sounds a bit distant and muddy. They are most at home mixing cd quality dance music, what they're made for, and sound a treat.
They are very well made, solid, comfortable for my big head. They are easily powered and can go very loud. Without repeating reviews, they sound great, clean and accurate with the right music, not with fantastic soundstage, but wide enough. Probably worth the money...?!